Windows 10: Problems with going back to previous build.

Discus and support Problems with going back to previous build. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was stuck in an infinite repair loop of troubleshoot. Tried all options and the only one that worked was "go back to previous build" that was 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by redcent, Jul 29, 2015.

1. redcent Win User

Problems with going back to previous build.

I was stuck in an infinite repair loop of troubleshoot. Tried all options and the only one that worked was "go back to previous build" that was 10 hours ago. Still waiting with that message on the screen. Loaded windows 10 worked for 5 minutes then when I tried to execute an application it went into the repair loop.

:)

redcent, Jul 29, 2015

2. going back to previous build issues

Assuming Windows 10 64-bit is still installed...

Please answer each of the following [admittedly tedious] diagnostic questions in a correspondingly-numbered list in your very next reply, preferably
    without quoting this post:

1. When (approx. date) did you purchase the computer?

2a. When (exact date, preferably) did you first upgrade to Win10?

2b. Was that upgrade offered & installed via Windows Update or did you use the Media Creation Tool & ISO download?

2c. When did you rollback to Win8.1?

3a. When (exact date, preferably) did you last upgrade to Win10?

3b. Was the last upgrade offered & installed via Windows Update or did you use the Media Creation Tool & ISO download?

3c. What problems have you encountered that you think might be resolved by rolling-back to Win8.1 again?

4a. What is the full name of your currently-installed third-party anti-virus application or security suite - i.e.,
    not Windows Defender! - (if any), and when (approx. date) does your current subscription
    (if any) expire?

4b. What third-party anti-virus application (if any) was installed on the Win8.1 computer before you first upgraded to Win10?

5. What third-party anti-malware applications (i.e., not Windows Defender!) are currently installed, if any? What third-party firewall, if any?

6. Has a(nother) Norton application or a McAfee application EVER been installed on the computer since you bought it?

7. Did a Norton free-trial or a McAfee free-trial [pick one] come preinstalled on the computer
    when you bought it? (Doesn't matter if you never used or Activated it.)

8. Is KB3124263 or KB3124266 [PICK ONE] listed in Installed Updates
    (not Update History)? [1]

9. Is Adobe Flash Player v20.0.0.272 installed? TEST HERE USING INTERNET EXPLORER OR EDGE ONLY =>

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

Problems with going back to previous build. [​IMG]

Example of the Version Info box on that page

(ignore the table below it)

10. Is Firefox (version 43.0.4 or higher) and/or Google Chrome (version 48.0.2564.82 or higher) or any other alternate browser installed?

11. Are you in the habit of using "registry cleaners" (e.g., CCleaner's Registry Cleaner component; Comodo System Cleaner; Advanced SystemCare; Advanced System Optimizer; Glary Utilities; McAfee QuickClean; AVG PC TuneUp; Norton Registry Cleaner;
    Norton PC Tuneup; PCTools Optimiser; PC Doctor; Registry Mechanic; RegCure; RegClean Pro; Registry Booster; SpeedUpMyPC; System Mechanic; TuneUp Utilities; WinMaximizer; WinSweeper; Wise Care 365; Wise Cleaner)?

==============================================

[1] Control Panel | Programs and Features | View installed updates (in left-hand menu)

PA Bear - MS MVP, Jul 29, 2015
  3. going back to previous build issues

Hi Jon,

Thank you for the response and keeping the status updated.

I suggest you to follow the below link to know how to roll back to previous operating system:

How can i go back to 8.1 from windows 10

Hope this information is helpful. Please post in case you have any further issues, we will be glad to help you further.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

Problems with going back to previous build.

1. Problems with going back to previous build. - Similar Threads - Problems going previous

2. Windows 20H2 issues, cannot go back to previous build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 20H2 issues, cannot go back to previous build: Hello, I have updated to windows 20H2 a week ago and I have had issues since then : - video and audio stuttering on Youtube, Netflix, Spotify, anything... no network issues and sometimes in online games - issues in the windows explorer right-click might make it crash and...
  3. [ HELP ] Going back to previous Windows Build

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [ HELP ] Going back to previous Windows Build: Hi! So I installed the new windows build ( 2004 ) but unfortunately didn't read anything before doing it and that's why I have several issues now with this new update. I know that I can go back to the previous build but I want to know if I will lose any data and if it will...
  4. How to go back to previous Windows build after clean install

How to go back to previous Windows build after clean install: Yesterday, I updated to the latest version of Windows only to have various software no longer responding (most involving audio - I'm a podcaster). When I attempted to go back to the previous version, it failed. When I tried to perform a recovery, it had been turned off...
  5. go back to previous version

go back to previous version: hello! have a good day! i have an issue regarding windows 10, kindly need some assistance. currently i have upgraded windows 10 1803 to 1809 version. and i have also deleted windows.old folder from c drive. but i am facing some issues with 1809 version. is their any...
  6. No option to roll back to previous build

No option to roll back to previous build: After the last update, my Asus laptop can not connect to wifi or ethernet. When I troubleshoot, it says that it couldn't obtain DNS IP. I have in total 5 laptops here and 2 phones all connected fine on wifi. Anyone know where the roll back to previous build went? I have...
  7. Go back to previous

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Go back to previous: After recent Ten updates, this Toshiba Satellite M645 S 4070 is out of order. 1. wireless is unable to turn on. 2. touchpad and pointer stopped working. 3. unable to go to BIOS menu. they were working before the updates. After I reset Ten to previous version from...
  8. Go back to previous build - after windows 10 no install

Go back to previous build - after windows 10 no install: Started windows 10 install on friday...by Sunday, system still trying to install. Called microsoft, they gave directions to return to windows 7. System still trying to return to previous build after 4 hours....HELP! 14646
  9. Going back to a previous build

Going back to a previous build: I have a Intel Compute Stick that is running WIN 10 Preview Edition. I would like to go back to the previous install. There are 2 files for old Win10 Installs, windows.old & windows.old (1) When I started to reinstall it gave me a warning "You Must have the password for...
  10. Go back to previous build

Go back to previous build: Hi, I have the flashing screen that I can't do anything with, so i followed the instructions on how uninstall windows 10, which were great easy to read, but never got to question 6. Choose an account - I only got error message WDF_VIOLATION.. Than rebooted and back to the...