Windows 10: Problems with Groove Player

Discus and support Problems with Groove Player in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After a recent Windows 10 update my Grove Player no longer works. Every time I try I keep getting "Error Message -2147219195:. I have tried all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bruce Giles, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Problems with Groove Player

After a recent Windows 10 update my Grove Player no longer works. Every time I try I keep getting "Error Message -2147219195:. I have tried all the Windows 10 repair programs and still nothing. I have tried to even do a System Restore but for some reason it lo longer works either. With Windows 10 there seems to be one problem after another.

Bruce Giles, Jul 28, 2018

2. Groove

Hi Al,

Since the issue persist, please check the troubleshooting steps on how to reset Groove player:

• Type Settings to your Cortana.
    • Go to Apps.
    • Look for Groove.
    • Click Reset.

You can also check this article:
    Troubleshoot Groove player in Windows 10
    . It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Jul 28, 2018
  3. Steve C Win User
    Groove Shows Unknown Artist & Unknown Album

I solved it by doing the following! I'm not sure which step cracked the problem.

• Set indexing to index the content of my music files by right clicking on the top level folder, setting the option and applying to all files and sub-folders
    • Rebuilt the index via the Control Panel Indexing options
    • Deleted the folders watched in Groove
    • Deleted the Groove database at C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.ZuneMusic_<random>\LocalState\Database
    • Started Groove
    • Reassigned the folders to watch

All songs now appear with the right artist & album but some album art was missing in Groove and Media Player despite being displayed correctly in iTunes. I manually updated the missing album art in Media Player and Groove then synchronised to match the Media Player album art.

Steve C, Jul 28, 2018
  4. Problems with Groove Player

Groove Music Skips

Hi,

To fix issues with Groove Music app, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps on this

link
    to troubleshoot Groove player in Windows 10.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Jul 28, 2018
Thema:

Problems with Groove Player

1. Problems with Groove Player - Similar Threads - Problems Groove Player

2. Problem Groove Music

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem Groove Music: I want to change my wallapaper automatically when playing music groove but I have tried many times to turn off and turn on the setting of the wallper on the music groove but there is no change to my wallpaper please the solution....
  3. Groove Player stürzt ab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Groove Player stürzt ab: Hallo, seit dem ich angefangen habe den Groove Player zu benutzen (vor 2-3 Wochen) stürzt er hin und wieder ab (nachdem ich den Player öffne paar Sekunden später meistens). Neuste Windows Updates/Treiber Updates und Windows Store Updates sind installiert. Bin derzeit bei...
  4. Groove player

in Windows 10 Customization
    Groove player: I need keystroke by keystroke instructions to GEET RID of Groove Media Player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/groove-player/f26df725-854c-4cbb-85a0-15318e53fe2e
  5. Groove Music problem

Groove Music problem: Groove Music suddenly opened on my tablet (Windows10) while I had an ebook app open. I closed the window but the window kept reopening after a few seconds. I tried to uninstall Groove Music: System > Apps & Features, down to Groove Music – "Uninstall" was dimmed. Opened...
  6. Groove player is the default player for .wav files

Groove player is the default player for .wav files: On earlier versions of Windows 10 I was able to select a different app on my pc as the default for playing .wav files. Now when I try to select the app Transcription Buddy from High Criteria (tnpbuddy.exe)its not holding the change. Now if I select say Media Player it will...
  7. Groove Player loads Empty

Groove Player loads Empty: The player just loads empty , white in colour with a few lines *Mad I looked in search for threads regarding groove player but didn't see anything solved. Any ideas why this is happening & how to fix it? Thanks in advance *Cool 33457
  8. Groove music problems

Groove music problems: Have a free trial of Groove on my Win 10 desktop and wonder why it does not always play continuously even tho repeat all is turned on? Please advise. 61105
  9. media player 'groove music'

media player 'groove music': hello. I've downloaded 5 audio tracks (MP3). I can turn on the loop for each track but how do I get it to play each track one after the other and then loop back to track one? 36644
  10. Groove Music Player, Shuffle in Genre

Groove Music Player, Shuffle in Genre: Hi, in Groove music app, how do I "shuffle all" but, only from the same genre? 17552