Problems with Groove Player

Discus and support Problems with Groove Player in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After a recent Windows 10 update my Grove Player no longer works. Every time I try I keep getting "Error Message -2147219195:. I have tried all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bruce Giles, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Bruce Giles New Member

After a recent Windows 10 update my Grove Player no longer works. Every time I try I keep getting "Error Message -2147219195:. I have tried all the Windows 10 repair programs and still nothing. I have tried to even do a System Restore but for some reason it lo longer works either. With Windows 10 there seems to be one problem after another.

Bruce Giles, Jul 28, 2018
  2. Phillip Pio Win User

Groove

Hi Al,

Since the issue persist, please check the troubleshooting steps on how to reset Groove player:

• Type Settings to your Cortana.
    • Go to Apps.
    • Look for Groove.
    • Click Reset.

You can also check this article:
    Troubleshoot Groove player in Windows 10
    . It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Jul 28, 2018
  3. Steve C Win User
    Groove Shows Unknown Artist & Unknown Album

I solved it by doing the following! I'm not sure which step cracked the problem.

• Set indexing to index the content of my music files by right clicking on the top level folder, setting the option and applying to all files and sub-folders
    • Rebuilt the index via the Control Panel Indexing options
    • Deleted the folders watched in Groove
    • Deleted the Groove database at C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.ZuneMusic_<random>\LocalState\Database
    • Started Groove
    • Reassigned the folders to watch

All songs now appear with the right artist & album but some album art was missing in Groove and Media Player despite being displayed correctly in iTunes. I manually updated the missing album art in Media Player and Groove then synchronised to match the Media Player album art.

Steve C, Jul 28, 2018
  4. Rafael Com Win User

Groove Music Skips

Hi,

To fix issues with Groove Music app, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps on this

link
    to troubleshoot Groove player in Windows 10.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Jul 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Problems with Groove Player - Similar Threads - Problems Groove Player

2. Windows 10 Home - Static / Fixed IP problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Home - Static / Fixed IP problem: I am sure this issue has been reported already but I am not sure if a permanent fix was found, but hopefully someone can assist me here. I have my PC running Windows 10 - Home edition, it has a fixed static IP of 192.168.0.3 and a gateway of 192.168.0.1 (subnet mask of...
  3. Network problem

Network problem: Receiving message 'can't connect to this network" on laptop windows 10. Other devices are connected and fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/network-problem/27c3257b-6241-4aaf-a1cd-06984707735c
  4. Graphical/visual problems - Random freeze/hang 1803 Win10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Graphical/visual problems - Random freeze/hang 1803 Win10: I'm having this weird problem since days now, I did not installed any new or recent windows updates or did anything different, just playing games and watching content on YouTube. Randomly freezing on my screen, icons on taskbar (sometimes all of them or just tiny ones at...
  5. How Do I make changes to Windows Media Player settings only with Adminstrative Approval Only

How Do I make changes to Windows Media Player settings only with Adminstrative Approval Only: Something keeps turning my Windows Media Player Streaming Service off. I will go to watch a movie from my laptop on my Samsung TV streamed through Windows Media Player only to find it has been turn off, but I haven't turned it off. I live alone, so unless one of the three...
  6. Problem installing Win 10 on 970 Evo Samsung

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem installing Win 10 on 970 Evo Samsung: Hi, I would like your help for a problem i am facing. I bought a MSI B350 PC MATE motherboard (7A36-003R) and I wanted to build a new pc but when i try to install Windows 10 x64 on Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 at the step where I select the M.2 disk to install it popups a...
  7. Windows Command Processor Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Command Processor Problem: For a while now I have been having a windows command processor appear on my task bar and in my task manager, this command processor is constantly disappearing and reappearing so I cannot exit out of it or even end the process, I have received help from customer support about...
  8. windows sin in problem.

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows sin in problem.: im windows 10 user . I have a sin in problem. when my window is going start it display a message you have not sin in you account and sin in a temporary account has been sin in. I lost my all data which is on the desktop. Now what I should do?...
  9. Problem with Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with Windows 10 update: Hi, I am having issues with Windows being able to complete the last steps of an important update. (windows 10) I can go through the steps each time until my computer restarts and gets to the log in screen and from there my login screen is different to my regular one and...
  10. DVD Player Won't Work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD Player Won't Work: I bought this laptop in Nov 2017. Dell 15 inch. I have not bothered to use the DVD player since I have owned it. I inserted a DVD tonight and it did not automatically start like I expected it to do. I did the usual troubleshooting and nothing worked. I read some...