Windows 10: Problems with HP switchable graphics - graphics drivers made slow boot

Discus and support Problems with HP switchable graphics - graphics drivers made slow boot in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook with switchable graphics bought year 2012. I have had almost all the time problems with those 2 graphics drivers (AMD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Volja59, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Volja59 Win User

Problems with HP switchable graphics - graphics drivers made slow boot

I have HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook with switchable graphics bought year 2012.
    I have had almost all the time problems with those 2 graphics drivers (AMD HD 6770 and Intel HD Graphics 3000)
    HP do not have made new switchable graphics drivers (for example for Windows 7) for years and everybody can see that internet is full of very disappointed and frustrated comments of that!
    Now when I updated my Windows 7 to Windows 10 It became one big problem caused by switchable graphics. Booting time became very long - terrible long!
    It came black screen that lasted 1 minute 25 seconds!
    I tested it and took those graphics driver away and then - that black screen was only 2-5 seconds.
    I discussed with Microsoft technician (in Finland) and he said that they put only the basic drivers to Windows 10 and this time it do not work normally.
    HP is responsible for those special correct drivers!
    I have not found correct drivers from HP-support sites (Have any other??)

But there is one good way to solve that problem!
    I installed from Leshcatlabs.net (Catalyst 15.7 WHQL UnifL v1.2) graphics drivers

Downloads - leshcatlabs.net

And everything works fine - that blank screen is now only 3-5 seconds and switchable graphics works normally!
    (First install Intel driver and then AMD driver and that is all!)

:)

Volja59, Sep 28, 2015
  2. RobertEU Win User

My AMD Switchable Graphics settings are missing after upgrading to windows 10

Me, you and thousands of users with Intel and Amd switchable graphics configuration are abandoned since several years ago...

It's a disgrace.

Take my laptop for example:

HP dv7-6140eo

Intel and amd 6770M switchable graphics.

Latest driver is from 2011.

Uncountable number of threads on forums about the switchable graphics problem but nobody seems to care.

Oh dear...

Here is one:

AMD/Intel: Switchable graphics

RobertEU, Sep 28, 2015
  3. AMD Graphics Card is not working

Same error with me. just disappeared the fuction of switchable graphics, and intel HD Graphics is the one activated.

PC SPECS:

HP Pavilion DV6-6060ep

Intel Core i7 2630QM 2.00GHZ

6GB RAM

DUAL GPU:

AMD Radeon HD 6770M 1GB (Now appears on CCC 6700M)

Intel Graphics HD 3000

Please microsoft....need to launch a fix for that. I think windows update made the update with diferent drivers (one update for amd and another to intel) but that's is wrong for switchable graphics.......needs to be a update all-in-one, that update both graphics
    driver.

FabioDaniel11, Sep 28, 2015
  4. Joergi Win User

Driver support by PC assemblers often is poor: While the hardware manufacturer himself still does offer updates, the assembler often does not update his customized drivers.

Intel offers a current driver for that graphics card: Intel Download Center
    As far as I can tell, using that driver, the Intel HD 3000 graphics card is working correctly under Windows 10. (Although Intel marked this driver as "for Windows 8.1" and not for Windows 10, it is in fact working better for me under Windows 10, than it did under Windows 8.1. Using this driver, I had small glitches in Windows 8.1, which I do not have with the same driver in Windows 10.)

Joergi, Sep 28, 2015
  5. Volja59 Win User
    I installed those drivers (Intel and AMD) and that black screen during boot is now 1 minute 10 seconds - so, what you said - did not work!

Volja59, Sep 28, 2015
  6. Volja59 Win User
    One more thing!

When I installed that Intel newest HD graphics driver, and uninstalled AMD HD 6770M driver, that black screen disappeared! (but like we know, switchable graphics did not work any more)

Volja59, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Problems with HP switchable graphics - graphics drivers made slow boot - Similar Threads - Problems switchable graphics

2. Windows 10 Switchable Graphics Discrete GPU Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Switchable Graphics Discrete GPU Problem: Hello, I have an issue with the switchable graphics display properties. I have analyzed the problem for literal years and no one has seemed to find an answer.The problem in detail:Laptop <Lenovo ideapad 310-abr15>OS <Windows 10 Home 21H2>GPU #0 <Radeon R5 Graphics>GPU #1...
  3. Problems with switchable graphics in my HP Pavilion dv7t-xw899av CTO

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Problems with switchable graphics in my HP Pavilion dv7t-xw899av CTO: Hello! Recently I decided to restore my old HP Pavilion dv7-6c05ss, so I changed its motherboard (the priginal one was broken), CPU, RAM, WLAN module, and its hard and optical drives with a Crucial SSD with 1 TB of capacity in both places. Finally, I purchased a Windows 10...
  4. HP Pavilion dv6 with Switchable graphic card -

HP Pavilion dv6 with Switchable graphic card -: Hi all, I have HP Pavilion dv6t CTO. Product: LF374AAR . I have install Windows 10 Home. version: 1909. with two GPU's: GPU1: Intel HD 3000 GPU2: AMD Radeon HD 6770M/2GB DDR5. The computer is working only with the Intel GPU. but It cant "swap" to the AMD GPU. (I need it...
  5. HP Pavilion dv6 with Switchable graphic card -

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Pavilion dv6 with Switchable graphic card -: Hi all, I have HP Pavilion dv6t CTO. Product: LF374AAR . I have install Windows 10 Home. version: 1909. with two GPU's: GPU1: Intel HD 3000 GPU2: AMD Radeon HD 6770M/2GB DDR5. The computer is working only with the Intel GPU. but It cant "swap" to the AMD GPU. (I need it...
  6. Switchable graphic card drivers doesn't work

Switchable graphic card drivers doesn't work: Hi, I have HP Pavilion dv6-6b80ec (I was only owner) GPU1: Intel HD 3000 GPU2: AMD Radeon HD 6770M/2GB DDR5 Access Denied and recently I bought new SSD and installed it instead of CD-ROM, quick and easy swap, then I decided to install OS on the new SSD and then format the...
  7. Need help with Switchable Graphics

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with Switchable Graphics: Does any of you got switchable graphic problem it not working its running on intel HD I have a Dell Inspiron 15r se 7520 it has a 2gb AMD radion 7730m problem is that when playing games it only uses Intel HD 4000 not switching to AMD Any one got any solution for this...
  8. HP laptop switchable graphic card on Windows 10

HP laptop switchable graphic card on Windows 10: My HP laptop has two graphic cards, and both of them are listed at the device manager: Code: Intel (R) HD Graphics 4000 Radeon (TM) HD 8670M[/quote] HP supplied a Windows 8.1 driver which, in theory, would allow to switch the graphic cards (with the famous Catalyst). In...
  9. Intel/Amd switchable graphics problem

Intel/Amd switchable graphics problem: hey, i need some help. I bought a HP 15-bs021nm a moth ago, and it has intel hd 520 and Radeon 520 graphics. I want to play games with it, but the problem is it uses intel hd instad of the radeon graphics. How do i set radeon to be the default graphics adapter? specs in...
  10. HP Switchable Graphics Problem

HP Switchable Graphics Problem: My computer is an HP Pavilion dv6-6047cl Entertainment Notebook PC with Intel i7-2630QM 2.0 GHz processor, with 8 GB RAM. I have had several different graphics problems and have upgraded the drivers. It has HP Switchable Graphics with an Intel HD Graphics 3000 driver and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 switchable graphics slow boot

2. how to fix long boot with switcable graphics