Windows 10: Problems with imported Favourites in Edge

Discus and support Problems with imported Favourites in Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello. I have two problems with the Edge browser: First, I have imported my favourites from Google Chrome but not all of them have transferred. I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by curt jugg, Aug 25, 2016.

1. curt jugg Win User

Problems with imported Favourites in Edge

Hello. I have two problems with the Edge browser:

First, I have imported my favourites from Google Chrome but not all of them have transferred. I have looked in the folder
    %localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\Favorite s and they are all there, it's just they don't all appear in Edge. How can I get them all to appear?

Second, I have too many folders in my Favourites bar for them all to appear on the screen so Edge has put a down arrow at the far right of the bar. When I click on this the remaining folders appear. However, when I click on one of these remaining folders, Edge shuts down. There is a way to avoid this shut-down and that is to first to click on any of the folders in the visible Favourites bar. Once I have done that, I can click on one of the off-screen folders and it opens in the usual way. Weird or what! Is there a way to rectify this?

Grateful for any help.

:)

curt jugg, Aug 25, 2016
  2. Caro53 Win User

Importing favourites

I have windows 10 and two browsers - Microsoft Edge plus Internet Explorer 11. I know how to import favourites in edge from explorer. But I cannot figure out how to import favourites in explorer from edge.

In other words I want to import favourites from edge to explorer. Can anyone help please?

Caro53, Aug 25, 2016
  3. Farleigh5 Win User
    Edge favourites

Edge only imports my favourites folders from IE not the contents. How can I get around this? Favourites not kept in folders import ok.

Farleigh5, Aug 25, 2016
  4. curt jugg Win User

Hello again. I have managed to find the answer to my first problem by further research on this forum. I know, I should have looked harder before! However, I still can't find an answer to my second point, so any advice would be appreciated.

curt jugg, Aug 28, 2016
Thema:

1. Problems with imported Favourites in Edge - Similar Threads - Problems imported Favourites

2. Edge Chromium problem with favourites icon on menu bar.

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium problem with favourites icon on menu bar.: I am using Edge Chromium in Win 10 V 2004. I haven't had any problems but now if I hold the cursor over the grey star with three lines (Favourites icon) top right the Manage option has vanished and favourites is very slow to open and only a small part of the favourites list...
  3. Lost Favourites in Edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost Favourites in Edge: Hello, I've just lost all my Favourites in Edge for seemingly no reason at all. The only thing I did was renew a subscription to CCleaner, without doing any kind of cleaning. Just paid the money. I've been through a number of processes suggested on the net with no effect...
  4. Favourites bar in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Favourites bar in Edge: I would like my favourites bar in Edge to contain all the same favourites I have in Internet Exploer but after using settings/import favourites they dont appear. Is there a fold I can copy and paste them into or is there anotherway? 121748
  5. Syncing Edge Favourites

in Browsers and Email
    Syncing Edge Favourites: I have used Firefox for years and it's hard to find much fault with it. But since converting to W10 I've mainly been using Edge as I wanted to understand it better. I've only run into one site where it just won't work but otherwise it's been fast and stable and I quite liked...
  6. Edge -Favourites -- no way to organise

in Browsers and Email
    Edge -Favourites -- no way to organise: Hi there When will Ms start realising that not everybody wants a browser that looks like it was designed for a mobile phone or a tablet. There's no way to organise the favourites unlike IE --even a simple sort is missing. You can create a new folder but why are we...
  7. Importing favourites from a bookmark html file into Edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    Importing favourites from a bookmark html file into Edge browser: Hi, I would like to know the most reliable method to import Bookmarks/favourites saved on a USB stick in HTML file format into the Edge browser. I asked a similar question ages ago and importing with Edge was buggy so I'm wondering if the process works any better now? I...
  8. Microsoft Edge Favourites Problems

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Favourites Problems: I am using Microsoft Edge, and for convenience I am adding pages into the favourites section for quick access to them. However, I have found over the last week that Edge is deleting these files without my input. So when I open Edge I find my favourites box is empty. What can...
  9. Favicons in Edge Favourites Bar...

in Browsers and Email
    Favicons in Edge Favourites Bar...: Since the last update, all the favicons in my favourites bar have changed to a 5-point star. If I hide, then show the favourites bar again via settings, the correct site favicons re-appear, but then revert to stars the next time I open Edge. Any ideas, please? 30390
  10. Edge Favourites Bar

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favourites Bar: Has anyone managed to drag and drop the Favourites into the Favourites Bar? It will only work if you import Favourites from IE it seems. *Sad 15573