Windows 10: Problems with latest Windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support Problems with latest Windows 10 upgrade in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Since installing the latest upgrade to Windows 10 last week, my system has experienced various problems. Boot-up and response times have become slow:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by okcole, Jul 21, 2018.

1. okcole Win User

Problems with latest Windows 10 upgrade

Since installing the latest upgrade to Windows 10 last week, my system has experienced various problems. Boot-up and response times have become slow: prior to the upgrade, boot-up was complete in <5 mins. Now it takes anything from 15 - 30 minutes and responses are consistently slower than before. My system has experienced several hang-ups.And, tonight, the boot-up stalled with a "HAL Initialisation error". It then take well over an hour to get to anything like usable speed and, on checking the Task Manager, I notice that only 49% of the CPU is being used. Previously, it was sitting a 100% while handling start-up.

In practical terms, my system is more or less unusable. Any suggestions and what I should do?

Thanks

:)

okcole, Jul 21, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 21, 2018
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jul 21, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Problems with latest Windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - Problems latest upgrade

2. latest windows 10 problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    latest windows 10 problem: when task manager open then click on performance, laptop suddenly starts to restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latest-windows-10-problem/12d8c6e4-49f9-48c2-9361-da42b6b0106e
  3. Windows 10 Latest Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Latest Upgrade: I keep getting messages about the need to upgrade to the latest version of Windows 10 to allow security updates. I am currently on 1803 which apparently its life has ended. The problem is that I cannot find any upgrade to install. I have also started to receive this "cannot...
  4. Screen problems since latest upgrade

Screen problems since latest upgrade: Since the latest upgrade of win 10, whenever a program is open, new screens pop up in back instead of in front and I don't know how to change this. For example if you click the properties of your printer, the screen comes up but in back of the settings window and you have to...
  5. Windows 10 latest upgrade

Windows 10 latest upgrade: attempting to in stall windows 10 latest upgrade receiving error message 0xc0020036 anyone aware what this code means? thx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-latest-upgrade/495ff747-91e0-439c-8ecc-0f891d5eafb9
  6. Latest Windows 10 upgrade.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest Windows 10 upgrade.: After the latest Windows 10 upgrade the YouTube app I had changed to YouTubest, what is going on ?. I have tried to get back to to YouTube but I am told my device isn't registered and I am transfered to a payments site. I had the YouTube app before the upgrade so where has...
  7. Latest Windows 10 Upgrade Causing New Problems

Latest Windows 10 Upgrade Causing New Problems: The latest upgrades to my Windows 10 brought about some issues that I did not have with my previous version of Windows 10. I'm reporting these so they can be addressed. 1) After the upgrade I was forced to make, I found that my laptop's ability to play streaming...
  8. Problems with Installing the latest Windows upgrade 1903

Problems with Installing the latest Windows upgrade 1903: I've tried multiple times to update to the new version but to no success. I can't use the Media Creation Tool because my system does not have enough disk space and this tool does not enable me to use removeable storage. When I run the Update it completes the download and...
  9. Windows 10 upgrading to the latest version

Windows 10 upgrading to the latest version: Today I got a upgrade reminder from Microsoft upgrade center that it was time to upgrade to the latest version of windows 10, OK I was running the upgrade and the next thing I got was a black screen with flashing cursors, no messages about faulty hard drives or anything, I...
  10. latest big upgrade problem

latest big upgrade problem: Hi, I got the latest major upgrade and it installed well on both my laptop and desktop. I had to re-install my SCSI driver again as well as my Wireless adaptor. I have one problem: On my desktop, I now have all 4 of my usb drives ( they are card reader slots ) Listed...