Windows 10: Problems with Motorola MG7310 modem/router

Discus and support Problems with Motorola MG7310 modem/router in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Good evening. This may be a simple problem, but I'm not good at troubleshooting by text *Smile My friend was looking for a net modem so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Outsider418, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Problems with Motorola MG7310 modem/router

Good evening.

This may be a simple problem, but I'm not good at troubleshooting by text *Smile

My friend was looking for a net modem so I suggested she get the Motorola MG7310 modem/router combo.

She originally had a Time Warner modem. She is currently on the 30Mb plan. She lives in a split level town house apartment.

After she set up the modem downstairs, everything worked fine, but upstairs, the speed test on her son's laptop is only getting 1.5Mbps download while she's getting anywhere between 26 and sometimes 40Mbps downstairs. When she had the Time Warner modem, he was getting normal speeds.

So what do I do next? I would say it was a proximity thing, but he was getting much better speeds on his TW router. What would be the next step?

Thanks for your help

:)

Outsider418, Sep 20, 2016

2. Cannot connect to Microsoft with Nokia Lumia 520

I forgot to mention that I recently upgraded my Motorola SURFboard modem to a Comcast Xfinity modem by ARRIS. It has a built in router & wifi antenna.

Could this new Xfinity modem/router/wifi antenna combo be the issue???

If so, I have no idea on how to remedy it if it's a firewall issue. I've disabled the firewall but still have issues.

Castle_Romeo, Sep 20, 2016
  3. Compatible modems for Windows 10

Gentlepersons

I had used a Motorola Surfboard SBG6580 with my windows system and Comcast cable service. It worked until I upgraded to Windows 10. Now that modem-router no longer is recognized. Apparently, there is no windows 10 driver available for this device. Do
    you plan to release such a driver soon?

If not, what Comcast compatible router-modems do you recommend for Windows 10?

John

JohnChokatos, Sep 20, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Problems with Motorola MG7310 modem/router

First it is a Gateway. Second in order to properly cover the house, it should be set on either channel 1,6 or 11, set for Channel Bandwidth of 40mhz with either Upper or Lower. In order to find out the strength or RSSI, is to use a tool like inSSIDer to see what other gateways are interfering with the channel that the gateway is set for.

It does not matter what speed she is paying for. What matters is that she may need a Access Point like the Engenius ECB350 with a POE adapter to allow the A/P to be placed anywhere with the POE and Ethernet where the Gateway is at.

Any type of solution to get the connection speed increased above or far from the main gateway, means that you are going to be placing extra access points.

The Engenius has a strong enough signal that you can actually get up to 150' away from it and still have decent speeds.

I personally hate all in one units. It is because if one part of it goes bad, you are stuck buying three items in one. I use a wired router, two Access Points on my main floor for one to handle Wireless-b/g/n and the other to handle Wireless-n/ac. I do have a switch where my gear is, but only two ports are used, since the majority of my equipment uses Wifi.

bro67, Sep 20, 2016
Thema:

Problems with Motorola MG7310 modem/router

1. Problems with Motorola MG7310 modem/router - Similar Threads - Problems Motorola MG7310

2. Wired In Connection on a modem router Combo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wired In Connection on a modem router Combo: i need immediate assistance trying to get my my ethernet cable to work on my computer it doesnt connect at all and i have XTREME mediacom high speed internet. i tried uninstalling and re installing the drivers and it isnt working. any forward knowledge on troubleshooting...
  3. Use modem/router combo as router only

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Use modem/router combo as router only: I purchased an Arris SURFboard SBG6700-AC (modem/wifi combo) several years ago. I moved to another city with a different ISP. The cable guy could not get this to communicate with his cable system. There is an 80-year-old woman (neighbor) who has internet but no wifi. I bought...
  4. Motorola modem keeps enabling guest network

Motorola modem keeps enabling guest network: I have a motorola surfboard modem as well as a Netgear gaming router. Guest network keeps enabling itself on the Motorola and I can't figure it out. No one in the home has access to it but me. The modem is password protected. I live in the country so even my closest...
  5. Connect a NBN modem to a ADSL modem router

Connect a NBN modem to a ADSL modem router: I am thinking of converting to NBN service in Australia. However, my setup at the moment is single box ADSL modem with a switching router, which I connect my equipment to its LAN ports. With the new NBN standalone modem, how do I connect to the existing switch router...
  6. Cable Modem/router + Personal router

Cable Modem/router + Personal router: My cable company provides a box that is a modem & router. I also use my own router attached to the cable modem. I have done nothing to the cable box except attach a cable from my router to it. Do I need to "Bridge" the cable router or can I use the WiFi from it along with the...
  7. Recognizing new modem/router combination

Recognizing new modem/router combination: I recently changed out my separate modem and router to a Netgear C6300 modem/router combination. I have 2 desktop units that are hard wired to this new unit. Every device is fine and updated except one of my desktop units. It connects to the internet, but does not connect...
  8. Panoramic TG1682G Modem/Router Combo

Panoramic TG1682G Modem/Router Combo: I had to set up my own internet line and my ISP gave me one of these combos. I hate using combos. I have a Linksys WRT1900AC Router that I want to use. How would I go about using that, instead of the built in Router? Do I need to disable DHCP Server, or just take the check...
  9. Nightly reset for modem and router.

Nightly reset for modem and router.: Is it ok to do nightly resets on my router and modem? Im making "network closet" which will hold my Nighthawk x6 and surfboard modem. I never thought about resetting them on a nightly basic tell now. this way i can flush them fresh every morning. or is this pointless? 89858
  10. Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 Modem/Router

Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 Modem/Router: Am considering changing ISP from DSL to cable/broadband. Anyone have any experience with one of these or can offer a "better" alternative: https://www.netgear.com/home/product...x#tab-features Change may or may not happen. I still have some questions for the potential...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to log into motorola mg7310

2. what version of firmware should motorola mg7310 have

3. login screen for motorola mg7310

4. issues with motorolla mg7315 router,
  5. motorola mg7310 router issues,
  6. problems with my mg7310 router