Windows 10: Problems With Mouse Since Last Update

Discus and support Problems With Mouse Since Last Update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since the update last Tueday I'm been having problems with my mouse. I thought it was my mouse, and I went out today and bought another mouse, but I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sonjstar, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Sonjstar Win User

Problems With Mouse Since Last Update

Since the update last Tueday I'm been having problems with my mouse. I thought it was my mouse, and I went out today and bought another mouse, but I'm still have problems controlling my cursor. Sometimes I need to keep clicking on the Delete icon to delete an e-mail or I need to keep clicking on a folder to open. At times I use the scroll wheel and the cursor doesn't move at all. I'm using a Logitech M325. I've not had any problems with mouse and Win 10 until after this last update.

:)

Sonjstar, Sep 14, 2015
  2. Ian Ser Win User

Since last update, USB mouse and keyboard problems.

Thank you for the update, Von.

Let us try and resolve this concern in two methods:

Method 1:

Run the Windows 10 Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

• Press Windows + X keys on your keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on Hardware and sound under Troubleshoot computer problems.

• Click on Hardware and devices under Devices.

• Click on Advanced on the Hardware and devices dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if prompted).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Try to test if your devices can now be used normally. If not, try the second method.

Method 2:

Update the device's driver via Device Manager. Follow the link below for instructions on how to update drivers:

Update drivers in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Ian Ser, Sep 14, 2015
  3. Since last update, USB mouse and keyboard problems.

Hi,

To further diagnose the concern, please provide the following information:

• Do you have to interchange the USB ports with each other every time you start the computer?
    • Is the keyboard also connected via Bluetooth?

We suggest that you update the driver for the Bluetooth devices. You can get an updated driver from the respective manufacturer websites for the devices.

Regards.

Patricia Yu, Sep 14, 2015
  4. TrustMe Win User

First I would review Windows Update History and see what updates were installed last Tuesday. Start with the driver updates and uninstall them one at a time. After each uninstall check you mouse and see how it is working. Continue until you find the update that is giving your mouse trouble.
    After you find out which one it is, download this tool and hide that update. If you don't, it will just install again. I don't know what to tell you if its a security update. Your not suppose to hide those.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...source=twitter

TrustMe, Sep 14, 2015
  5. ram1220 Win User
    Are you using the default MS mouse drivers or the Logitech mouse drivers? There are problems reported on the Logitech forums between Logitech drivers and Win 10. I have a Logitech mouse and have not installed the Logitech drivers and my mouse works fine.

ram1220, Sep 14, 2015
  6. Sonjstar Win User
    I was Logitech mouse and I was having no problems until we got the last update "Cumulative Update for Win 64bit KB3081455". This is when I started to have the problems. I thought it was the battery, so, I put a new battery in. Still had the same problem. Then I bought another Logitech mouse, and I'm still having problems with the new mouse. I thought I was never going to get it to the place so I could answer this post. No, I've not downloaded Logitech drivers. I bought at Staples, and Logitech is about all they sell. Saw 1 for Microsoft and 1 for Staples brand. I checked devces, in Control Panel, and I saw compatible.

Sonjstar, Sep 14, 2015
  7. Wadi Win User
    I'm having the same problem(s) with a logitech wireless keyboard and mouse. I'm typing along on the keyboard and it suddenly stops typing and then starts working again or the delete key doesn't work for several clicks and then all of a sudden it does. The mouse cursor will often jump all over the place, disappear, or just freeze. These things just happen briefly and then everything is OK for a while. This type of thing did happen occasionally with W8 and 8.1 but replacing the batteries solved it. I've changed the batteries in my keyboard and mouse this time but no change. If it's a driver issue, I have no idea what drivers I'm using. Whatever I'm using are, I assume, what I was using before going to Win 10.

Oh, yes, in case it helps, the keyboard model is K350 and the mouse is M510.

How do I find out what drivers I'm using and/or update them?

Thanks in advance...

8. Sonjstar Win User

I finally tried everything I could think of, like you I changed batteries too, even in the new mouse. Finally I moved the usb for the mouse to another location on my computer and it has been working correctly ever since. I don't know the correct name for it, but I call it a pigtail. It plugs into 1 spot for USB's and has 4 extra plug in places hanging from the one I plugged in on it. I plugged the usb for the mouse into one of those, and it works perfectly now. It seems I read some where about getting it farther away from your modum and WiFi. It's been awhile and I'm not absoutely sure about the modum and WiFi.

Sonjstar, Sep 30, 2015
  9. Wadi Win User
    Thanks! Reading this was a real head-slapper for me because I had thought of this possibility at one point and then forgotten to try it.

I have some spare USB ports and have switched the gadget for the keyboard and mouse to another one. Let's see what happens-- or, more correctly, what doesn't happen!

Thanks again.

(I went back to change a couple of words here and my keyboard froze for a few letters and then caught up. Ugh. Maybe a restart will finish the job. Fingers crossed.)

Wadi, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Problems With Mouse Since Last Update - Similar Threads - Problems Mouse Since

2. problems since last update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problems since last update: Since the latest update, my computer now takes 3-5 minutes to start/restart and most of that time is in a black screen. also of note and the most frustrating thing is I NO LONGER have my taskbar, so to shut my computer off, I have to do CTL/ALT/DLT, as even pressing the...
  3. problems since last update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problems since last update: Since the latest update, my computer now takes 3-5 minutes to start/restart and most of that time is in a black screen. also of note and the most frustrating thing is I NO LONGER have my taskbar, so to shut my computer off, I have to do CTL/ALT/DLT, as even pressing the...
  4. problems since last update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    problems since last update: just wondering, if others are having problems with the latest update , since i have done so, my PC crashes, it says cant automatically fix, i have go do a restore, then it works again....
  5. Problems since last couple of updates

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems since last couple of updates: Some time after the last Windows update (maybe 2) I have a few issues. 1. I no longer can get icons in my pictures folder only the Microsoft Photo icon. I have tried all the suggested fixes, but nothing works. 2. My earplug jack isn't working properly. I plug in my earbud...
  6. printing problem since last update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printing problem since last update: Everything I try to print goes into 'Print to File' mode, even though I made sure that box wasn't ticked in each program I tried to print from. I followed instructions on videos but no luck. So much wasted time!...
  7. Since last update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Since last update: I dont know if anyone else has noticed that Win10 hasnt run very well for quite some time, unstable, crappy graphics windows popping open for no reason ....anyway II was going through a migraine worth of varying **** and then with the latest update I had enough of the ****...
  8. Since last Update ............................

in Browsers and Email
    Since last Update ............................: MY browsing has gone haywire! I am accessing sites which are not opening properly, windows is asking 'do you want to pen this like this, or something (my wifes account) - opened an online newspaper and it has sections that seem to be continuously opening (loading circles)....
  9. Slow Mouse/Keyboard...maybe since last major update?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Slow Mouse/Keyboard...maybe since last major update?: I'm wondering if anyone has noted any problems with their keyboards/mice since the last major update. I can't seem to figure out the culprit and I was thinking it was this. My mouse pointer skips across the screen at times and the scroll wheel on the mouse isn't always very...
  10. Since last update

in Windows 10 Support
    Since last update: Since this little update on 2nd Dec Bing now has sound on home page and headline photo appear across the bottom. When you click on the photo it takes you to the subject to read. So well done Microsoft. Has anyone else found or seen it 32538