Windows 10: Problems with Netflix App

Discus and support Problems with Netflix App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I play a movie, it plays ok and then after 30-60 seconds, the audio starts making weird noises and the audio is distorted. All my drivers are up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by chad7550662, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Problems with Netflix App

When I play a movie, it plays ok and then after 30-60 seconds, the audio starts making weird noises and the audio is distorted. All my drivers are up to date and the app is up to date as well.

Specs:

Asus PG5C-MX/1333
    - Intel LGA775 Pentium CPU
    - Intel® Core™2 Duo Ready
    - Dual-Core CPU Support
    - Intel® 945GC(A2)/ICH7
    - Dual channel DDR2
    - 6-channel High Definition Audio
    2.8 Ghz Dual Core
    4 GB RAM
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    320 GB Samsung HDD

Did not have this problem with Windows 8.1
    Also happens if I use the the Windows built in video player playing movies from my hard drive and also the VLC Player app.
    I've googled my brains out for a fix and have not found anything. I am really good with computers so this is baffling me.

:)

chad7550662, Feb 4, 2016
  2. EdHans Win User

Netflix app not working after update says unable to load user information

ok, well, that confirms it is a problem with the netflix app. Someone from MS here may see it and try to contact Netflix, but honestly Netflix is the best one to take care ofit.

EdHans, Feb 4, 2016
  3. teamusc Win User
    Can't Play Hulu Plus, Netflix, or Xbox Video

I had this problem on my 1520 with 8.1. Here is the solution. Follow these steps:

1. Uninstall Netflix App.

2. Power down device.

3. Power up device.

4. Install Netflix App. Do NOT start Netflix app.

5. Power down device.

6. Power up device.

7. Start Netflix App.

8. Log on to Netflix App.

9. Try to launch video. You will still get the error.

10. Go to the list titled "home" and scroll all the way to the bottom. It is a long way.

11. Click the sign-out button at the bottom.

12. Power down device.

13. Power up device.

14. Start Netflix App.

15. Sign into Netflix.

16. Play video. It works.

teamusc, Feb 4, 2016
  4. Problems with Netflix App

Mine plays no problem on WMP
    Toshiba Player
    Cyberlink DVD 15

hTconeM9user, Feb 4, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    Open your browser > google for Netflix > click Sign In > use that instead and see if you still have the same issue.
    If no issue, right click at Netflix > click Create shortcut > click Yes to confirm.
    You now have a Netflix desktop shortcut. Use it from now on.

davidhk, Feb 4, 2016
  6. Well, yeah, I know that, I prefer the app over the web based site for streaming. When I first upgraded to 10, and updated the app, it worked fine. Last few weeks, I been having problems. I found that it was lagging my computer and there was a process that was hogging my computer. Here I am playing a movie via the app, attached a screenshot of the task manager:

Problems with Netflix App [​IMG]

chad7550662, Feb 5, 2016
  7. ttodd0450 Win User
    I too have the exact same problem.. My netflicks ap has good picture but horribly distorted sound ....

When I close the ap and go to google chrome browser (or Edge)

and log back into Netflicks same video > sound is Perfect ..!!

Lets get this fixed > Windows 10 !!!!

no excuse ... for this oversight .

ttodd0450, Mar 19, 2016
  8. ttodd0450 Win User

Problems with Netflix App

fixed the problem months ago it was within google chrome settings ..

ttodd0450, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Problems with Netflix App

1. Problems with Netflix App - Similar Threads - Problems Netflix App

2. Netflix problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Netflix problem: Netflix told me to contact Microsoft Support because I need to update my software to continue using Netflix. My Microsoft Windows 10 software WAS ALREADY UPDATED! Now what should I do?...
  3. Netflix problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Netflix problem: Netflix told me to contact Microsoft Support because I need to update my software to continue using Netflix. My Microsoft Windows 10 software WAS ALREADY UPDATED! Now what should I do?...
  4. Netflix App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Netflix App: June 2022 My Netflix App downloads movies but when I go to view offline the message says "there is no internet connection". I reinstalled Netflix App, and restarted but no success. Not much in temporary files. What is the problem here? It worked fine a few weeks ago....
  5. Netflix App

Netflix App: June 2022 My Netflix App downloads movies but when I go to view offline the message says "there is no internet connection". I reinstalled Netflix App, and restarted but no success. Not much in temporary files. What is the problem here? It worked fine a few weeks ago....
  6. BSOD with Netflix app

BSOD with Netflix app: Hello, I seem to be having consistent bsod when using the Netflix app on my windows 10 laptop. Doesnt seem to happen with other video files. The stop code I receive is: THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVERS_M dxgkrnl.sys I have updated my display drivers and bios and I still...
  7. Netflix Apps Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Netflix Apps Issue: When i launch netflix application at my laptop, it turns into blue screen and show a message that is "Page fault in nonpaged area" I m using sony vaio laptop and the model is SVE1513M1EW....
  8. problem in moving a app named as Netflix

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    problem in moving a app named as Netflix: I have trouble in having moving Netflix app which i installed from windows web store serval time. As i wanted to move from main drive to other drive which has more space than main drive . But due to some bug or problem i cannot do that . Yes Still some app have option have to...
  9. netflix problem

netflix problem: when I open app and click sign in nothing happens it asks for sign in again I already tried resetting app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/netflix-problem/3f208b84-934b-472a-8fb1-dffa0a31b358
  10. Netflix app and Netflix on Edge = hard lock

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Netflix app and Netflix on Edge = hard lock: The issue... Randomly, when using the Netflix app or Edge to stream Netflix, the entire PC will lock up. No error, nothing in events. Hard reset only option. My setup... Windows 10 latest i7 @ 3.7ghz 32GB DDR 3 @ 1333 AMD 850+ GPU multi monitor output - 2 x HDMI, 1...