Windows 10: Problems with PC Crashing into recovery mode and cannot Reset PC

Discus and support Problems with PC Crashing into recovery mode and cannot Reset PC in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Recently, i built my first PC but unfortunately i have faced some issues, at first i couldnt boot the PC at all when trying to use a USB 3.0 for my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by sam.dunn, Mar 1, 2024.

1. sam.dunn Win User

Problems with PC Crashing into recovery mode and cannot Reset PC

Recently, i built my first PC but unfortunately i have faced some issues, at first i couldnt boot the PC at all when trying to use a USB 3.0 for my windows installation media however, after having cleaning that initial installation in Command Prompt and trying to use a USB 2.0 my PC booted and seemed to work fine. Unfortunately I noticed games crashing and these crashes seemed to worsen so i tried to fix it. I tried uninstalling GPU drivers using DDU method and reinstalling them, i tried to reset my PC but i still had crashes until the crashes got so bad almost all games would crash on launch

:)

sam.dunn, Mar 1, 2024

2. Unable to boot the PC, stuck in recovery mode screen​

Hi Joe,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to boot the PC normally as it is stuck in recovery mode.

1. Were there any recent updates installed on the PC?
    2. What is the exact make and model of the PC?

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Boot the PC into safe mode with networking and check if you are able to login. Refer the article to

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10
    , refer the section
    From a black or blank screen.

Method 2:

Perform a system restore to revert the PC back to the state when everything was working fine. Refer the article

Recovery options in Windows 10
    , refer the section
    Use installation media to restore or reset your PC.

Note:
    Do not reset the PC; resetting the PC will remove all the data and installed programs from the PC.

We await your response.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Mar 1, 2024
  3. mkr10001 Win User
    Problem resetting PC - no recovery image registered

Not generic and meaningless. It's literally what it is called.

Settings > Reset this PC > Get started > follow it through...

- - - Updated - - -

I shouldn't need to do that on a fresh install of Windows. It should just do the rest.

mkr10001, Mar 1, 2024
  4. idgat Win User

Problem resetting PC - no recovery image registered

Yes, need to clarify .... "reset" is a generic meaningless term.
    - Windows recovery ?
    - proprietary device recovery (factory default setting) ? (Absolutely NOT recommended if this was the case)
    - and/or Windows repair (often confused/interchanged with "recovery" ?

How was this attempted (steps taken) ?

idgat, Mar 1, 2024
Thema:

1. Problems with PC Crashing into recovery mode and cannot Reset PC - Similar Threads - Problems Crashing recovery

2. Problems with PC Crashing into recovery mode and cannot Reset PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with PC Crashing into recovery mode and cannot Reset PC: Recently, i built my first PC but unfortunately i have faced some issues, at first i couldnt boot the PC at all when trying to use a USB 3.0 for my windows installation media however, after having cleaning that initial installation in Command Prompt and trying to use a USB...
  3. Problems with PC Crashing into recovery mode and cannot Reset PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems with PC Crashing into recovery mode and cannot Reset PC: Recently, i built my first PC but unfortunately i have faced some issues, at first i couldnt boot the PC at all when trying to use a USB 3.0 for my windows installation media however, after having cleaning that initial installation in Command Prompt and trying to use a USB...
  4. Cannot reset PC with recovery media

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot reset PC with recovery media: I have a surface go 2 which had a problem installing an update. Now when it boots it goes to the blue recovery menu. None of the options work. Startup Repair can't do it. System Restore says there is no restore point and System Image Recovery can't find an image.I have tried...
  5. Cannot reset PC with recovery media

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot reset PC with recovery media: I have a surface go 2 which had a problem installing an update. Now when it boots it goes to the blue recovery menu. None of the options work. Startup Repair can't do it. System Restore says there is no restore point and System Image Recovery can't find an image.I have tried...
  6. Pc in recovery mode

Pc in recovery mode: Hi , My pc has recently went into recovery mode and I can’t reset it no matter what and , I also lost/forgot my admin password and I don’t know how to get it back . I can’t access the command prompt or anything either .is there anything I can do to fix it ? and I can’t access...
  7. "There was a problem in resetting your PC" - Windows Recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "There was a problem in resetting your PC" - Windows Recovery: I want to reset my computer but there is a message saying "Required file are not trusted. The files certificate may have expired or the files might be modified by others." How can I fix it? Device: Dell Inspiron 15 3567 Windows 10 Version 2004 OS Build 20161.1000 [IMG]...
  8. Problem resetting PC - no recovery image registered

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Problem resetting PC - no recovery image registered: Trying to do a reset of PC, fails and tells me there was a problem resetting the PC. I go to the setupact.log and I see an error message Factory: No recovery image registered[gle=0x000000ea] However... reagentc /info says.... C:\Windows\system32>reagentc /infoWindows...
  9. Cannot reset pc

Cannot reset pc: Well,basically one day i needed help to improve frames per second in games,and someone said delete system32 folder,i couldnt do that but i could delete some files in there,so i did it and my computer is now currently messed up.It doesnt let me reset pc from scratch,i cant...
  10. Recovery - Reset this PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery - Reset this PC: Hi guys, Is there any way to automate the setup after resetting the PC with the option "Remove everything". I´m looking for something like installing a remote control tool or execute some scripts. Thank you....