Windows 10: Problems with Response from DISM

Discus and support Problems with Response from DISM in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have had repeated problems with my computer freezing/crashing. It’s a HP Pavilion 500-123ea, 8GB memory. sfc/scannow does not complete. Dism... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by jdcallison89, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Problems with Response from DISM

I have had repeated problems with my computer freezing/crashing. It’s a HP Pavilion 500-123ea, 8GB memory. sfc/scannow does not complete. Dism ‘CheckHealth’ is OK.

I have referred to the tenforums tutorial 7808 on Dism repair (last title I had was ‘Repair Windows Update’). This has instructions to download a ISO file.

I have been struggling with this. On first attempt, the word I got was ‘can not open file as archive’, ie that’s the install.wim file.

Second attempt I got ‘source files could not be found’.

Thirdly, I tried another download attempt and after 20 minutes nothing had happened.

The download seemed to want to default to the C drive, although I had preferably been trying to get it to a removable F drive USB disk. No particular success either way.

I have tried to be careful with the install:wim syntax.

I suppose the diagnosis would seem to be that I have somehow ended up with some corrupted files.

Is this DISM RestoreHealth tool usable? Am I likely to get anywhere with it? Anyway, as before I much appreciate previous advice on this forum and I just don’t know if there’s anything else I can try.

:)

jdcallison89, Jan 31, 2016

2. Nokia phone download problem

Hi all, I have just acquired a Nokia Lumia 625, and am trying to download Skype from the Microsoft shop. Two things happen -- either Microsoft does not recognise the password for my newly acquired account (although it does accept it when I access it from
    my PC), or I get an error code message, 8009030e. Very frustrating... Thanks for any help!

Problems with Microsoft, Jan 31, 2016
  3. Response to response about Edge problems

I followed all the suggestions given but nothing seemed to make any difference. I still get the programs on SVTPlay without the text at the bottom of the screen. Since I find it useful to have the text, I use Google Chrome, which does show the text, instead
    of Edge or Internet Explorer.

MaryLambYK, Jan 31, 2016
  4. Problems with Response from DISM

Hello jdcallison,
    Actually RestoreHealth from DISM is somewhat complex.You cannot repair a 10586 build with 10240 ISO, which I hope isn't a case here.
    The best option in your case would be to do a repair upgrade, which keeps everything and reinstall windows.
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows

Sumit Dhiman, Jan 31, 2016
  5. Thank you for this.

jdcallison89, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Problems with Response from DISM

1. Problems with Response from DISM - Similar Threads - Problems Response DISM

2. problem with DISM enable from source

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem with DISM enable from source: Hello,I'm trying to enable SNMP on a WIN10 machine which is not connected to the internet from WIN10 install disk.The command:DISM /online /add-capability /CapabilityName:"SNMP.Client~~~~0.0.1.0" /Source:D:\sources\install.wim /LimitAccessThe error:Error: 0x800f081fThe source...
  3. problem with DISM enable from source

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem with DISM enable from source: Hello,I'm trying to enable SNMP on a WIN10 machine which is not connected to the internet from WIN10 install disk.The command:DISM /online /add-capability /CapabilityName:"SNMP.Client~~~~0.0.1.0" /Source:D:\sources\install.wim /LimitAccessThe error:Error: 0x800f081fThe source...
  4. problem with DISM enable from source

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Problem in dism.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem in dism.: In command prompt if I use dism /online /get-osuninstallwindow It always keeps on showing 10 days even though I used / value:30 too in which it says operation completed successfully but the uninstallwindow always shows 10 ....
  6. no response from troubleshooters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no response from troubleshooters: None of the troubleshooters will open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-response-from-troubleshooters/c0b0d075-ad89-4c0f-8ea9-db5747d877cd
  7. Mouse problems, not very responsive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse problems, not very responsive.: I have a Logitech MX510 and bought a Logitech MX518 to cure the lag in the mouse response, very slow. With the MX518 I tried to use the software recommend but one of the software was not made for MX518 and the second did not recognize the MX518. Windows did not recognized the...
  8. DISM Problems? Read This

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DISM Problems? Read This: Gentlemen, Having problems using DISM in W-10? I did Then I discovered that dism.exe in system32 has 0 [zero] Kb. This is in two laptops with OEM W-10 ver 10.0.18363.657 Yet, in one that was upgraded to W-10 from W-7, the file was present. Obviously with a file number for...
  9. Dism Problem

Dism Problem: I am starting a new thread because someone hijacked my thread on this: Dism problem "The source files could not be found"' I have done an SFC /scannow at least two dozen times now on my Windows 10 tablet, resulting in "Found corrupt files but was unable to fix them"...
  10. Problems with Response from DISM

Problems with Response from DISM: I am running a desktop HP Pavilion 500-123ea, 8 GB memory running Windows 10 (originally Windows 8). The computer frequently freezes/crashes. The sfc/scannow fails to complete. I have been getting conflicting results from DISM. When I run 'CheckHealth' it says 'The...