Windows 10: Problems With SFC Scannow

Discus and support Problems With SFC Scannow in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; SFC Scannow is throwing up a problem Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Now I've tried to fix them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by 200motels, Aug 8, 2015.

1. 200motels Win User

Problems With SFC Scannow

SFC Scannow is throwing up a problem Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Now I've tried to fix them with SFC Fix application but no joy. DISMfile attached.

:)

200motels, Aug 8, 2015

2. problem with sfc / scannow

And it is not the cause of the underlying problem

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Aug 8, 2015
  3. problem with sfc / scannow

You can upload it on ondrive publically and give me a link.often SFC gives a wrong note about corruption and that is why I wish to confirm

Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 8, 2015
  4. Problems With SFC Scannow

It might help to post the sfc CBS log.
    A screenshot of the cmd window might help too.
    Mine-just finished running-I run them often-

Problems With SFC Scannow [​IMG]

My CBS log with .json errors- They can be ignored-

David Bailey, Aug 8, 2015
  5. 200motels Win User
    I can't seem to get the CBS log.

200motels, Aug 8, 2015
  6. Cliff S New Member
    Go to This PC > C: > Windows > Logs > CBS

Cliff S, Aug 8, 2015
  7. 200motels Win User
    I got it, typing error. Attached is CBS log.

200motels, Aug 8, 2015
  8. Problems With SFC Scannow

This seems to be the error but I don't know how to fix it.
    Dism might be able to fix it if you can get Dism to work.

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

If Dism can't download needed files, someone here may be able to tell you how to use an install.wim to get the needed files.

Good luck. *Smile

edit- Got in a hurry. *Sad You already got a failed dism. Oh well.

David Bailey, Aug 8, 2015
  9. Cliff S New Member
    Hey David has he rebooted?

As you can see repairs are committed for repair.

Cliff S, Aug 8, 2015
  10. Cliff S New Member
    You may have to do what David recommended and reboot a few time to fix your system, when it comes up negative is everything fixed. If after 3-4 times it's positive, then the problem is usually somewhere else, or a false negative. Try using:

Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup&sfc/scannow&Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth&sfc/scannow&pause

Cliff S, Aug 8, 2015
  11. I don't have a fix, but just giving my 2 cents. I did the same thing. Ran sfc /scannow multiple times each after a reboot, and it always finds something it can't fix. I upgraded W7 Ultimate to W10 Pro. I had patched W7 to apply themes, so I ran sfc to make sure all is good, but like I said it can't fix some, but there doesn't seem to be any issues, so I guess what it can't fix isn't important.

Bobby Phoenix, Aug 8, 2015
  12. UKMedia Win User
    UKMedia, Aug 8, 2015
  13. 200motels Win User

I'm trying this as I type, I'll let you know how I get on.

200motels, Aug 8, 2015
  14. 200motels Win User
    After trying above this is the screenshot.

200motels, Aug 8, 2015
  15. Cliff S New Member
    You need to reboot then run it again. It sometimes takes a few tries for windows to repair files.

Cliff S, Aug 9, 2015
Thema:

1. Problems With SFC Scannow - Similar Threads - Problems SFC Scannow

2. problems in sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problems in sfc /scannow: Hey there, I am having problems with my computer giving me BSODs when it boots up. i ran sfc /scannow, and it teturned with this:Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19045.2546] c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannow Beginning system scan....
  3. problems in sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problems in sfc /scannow: Hey there, I am having problems with my computer giving me BSODs when it boots up. i ran sfc /scannow, and it teturned with this:Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19045.2546] c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannow Beginning system scan....
  4. problems in sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sfc /scannow: Hey.I've exhuasted all recommendations regarding how to fix the sfc/ scannow command and make it work, namely did the trustedinstaller thing from cmd, i changed the windows modules installer to auto and then back to manual, but I keep receiving the same messages. When I type...
  6. SFC / scannow

in Windows 10 Customization
    SFC / scannow: I ran SFC / scannow and I'm not sure there was a message. What can I do? I check the application event log for events 1001 and “SFC” I check the DISM.log file I use findstr in CMD to find "[SR]" entries in CBS.log Or Run SFC / showlog...
  7. sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    sfc /scannow: Hi all, does anyone know anything about the logs in sfc /scannow? When I scan my Windows I get no integrity violations however in my logs I see a few things such as: 0000018b Warning: Overlap: Directory \??\C:\Program Files (x86)\ is owned twice or has its security set...
  8. sfc /scannow

sfc /scannow: i ran sfc /scannow and got when it reched around 54% i got the followingmessage "Windows Resources Protection could not perform the requested operation" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scannow/425af61f-5e61-4f8e-badc-1e44ae02698e
  9. sfc /scannow

sfc /scannow: when I run sfc /scannow in command prompt it will only run to 71% and than it stop, how can i fix that problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scannow/5f81a97e-769a-413c-8139-2871d8c08b5f
  10. Again sfc /scannow problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Again sfc /scannow problem: Yesterday in WU, anti-malware update was updated. I did sfc /scannow now. Again I got error. I have attached cbs.log. Any clue what to do now? 137359