Windows 10: Problems with SSHD

Discus and support Problems with SSHD in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So, I have got a new laptop, but it has a problematic SSHD because of its 8GB part. The disc works great, Windows boots up in about 15 sec compared to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by TairikuOkami, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Problems with SSHD

So, I have got a new laptop, but it has a problematic SSHD because of its 8GB part.
    The disc works great, Windows boots up in about 15 sec compared to 2 mins before, but:
    System Restore does not work and when I try to defragment disc, it tells me, not to. Any idea why?
    Maybe I should have partitioned it differently, but honestly, I do not know how, it does not show 8GB.

:)

TairikuOkami, Apr 11, 2016
  2. pogrodnik Win User

Updating Windows 10, after first reboot, I receive "Missing Operating System"

I had same issue with old Lenovo T410 and hybrid Seagate SSHD disk with several partitions.

To solve the problem I swapped SSHD disk with old 120GB "regular" disk (with one partition) and cloned Win7 partition into it.

On this "normal" disk installation was performed successfully.

After the instalation I swapped back SSHD disk and cloned Win10 partition to SSHD drive.

It looks that Win10 installer has some problems either with SSD or SSHD or multiple partitions on a disk drive.

pogrodnik, Apr 11, 2016
  3. SSH help

m'kay...

This really shouldn't be that hard..

Can you run

ps -ef|grep /sshd

Do you see a line like:

690 root 3880 S /usr/sbin/sshd -D

If not, can you run:

sudo gainroot

start sshd

then try the ssh user@localhost again

cpitchford, Apr 11, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Problems with SSHD

Hi, Wise Care (ok mine's slightly out of date)
    - doesn't make any comment about my SSD- there's a defrag option
    - doesn't make any comment about my SSHD

Auslogics Defrag Pro offers 'SSD defragmentation' for my SSD (whatever that is)
    and makes no comment about my SSHD.

Glary knows my C,D are on my SSD
    Glary makes no comment about my SSHD

Easeus Partition Mgr made no distinction at all - worrying!

dalchina, Apr 11, 2016
  5. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

There's hardly any need to defragment a hybrid drive as the SSD part serves as a caching device. The HDD part rarely reaches 2 to 3 % of fragmentation but even that hardly impacts its performance.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Apr 12, 2016
  6. Well I am actually more concerned about not working System restore. It comes handy sometimes. *cry

TairikuOkami, Apr 12, 2016
  7. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

What error does it return ? Any CAPI2 error in Event viewer ?

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Apr 12, 2016
  8. Problems with SSHD

I have just checked and it is working now, maybe maintenance fixed it, I will see, if it keeps working.

TairikuOkami, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Problems with SSHD

1. Problems with SSHD - Similar Threads - Problems SSHD

2. Having continous problems with randomly occuring Blackscreens of Death

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having continous problems with randomly occuring Blackscreens of Death: When using my Computer, wether playing Games, writing Emails or surfing in the Internet my Screen would randomly turn black and after a while my Computer freezes with what I assume is a Bluescreen, which I cannot see because of the Screen turning black.After manually...
  3. Having continous problems with randomly occuring Blackscreens of Death

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having continous problems with randomly occuring Blackscreens of Death: When using my Computer, wether playing Games, writing Emails or surfing in the Internet my Screen would randomly turn black and after a while my Computer freezes with what I assume is a Bluescreen, which I cannot see because of the Screen turning black.After manually...
  4. Hello, i've been playing valorant before without any problems. But suddenly in the middle...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello, i've been playing valorant before without any problems. But suddenly in the middle...: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000101 0x000000000000000a, 0x0000000000000000, 0xffffd501d2668180, 0x0000000000000002. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: cf06e1ab-ad2e-4335-bd47-ad3c2404af16.Does anyone know how to fix...
  5. Hello, i've been playing valorant before without any problems. But suddenly in the middle...

Hello, i've been playing valorant before without any problems. But suddenly in the middle...: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000101 0x000000000000000a, 0x0000000000000000, 0xffffd501d2668180, 0x0000000000000002. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: cf06e1ab-ad2e-4335-bd47-ad3c2404af16.Does anyone know how to fix...
  6. windows 11 23h2 problems in digital signature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 23h2 problems in digital signature: Hi... We are using USB Digital signature for official work. We are using OS Windows 11 23H2 . Once signature process completed, if we remove the USB digital signature from the Laptop ,it automatically closes all the applications and shutdown window will come. It is only in...
  7. windows 11 23h2 problems in digital signature

windows 11 23h2 problems in digital signature: Hi... We are using USB Digital signature for official work. We are using OS Windows 11 23H2 . Once signature process completed, if we remove the USB digital signature from the Laptop ,it automatically closes all the applications and shutdown window will come. It is only in...
  8. Hello there, I have the problem with the caps lock notification. I tried every possible...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello there, I have the problem with the caps lock notification. I tried every possible...: I already tried doing a clean reboot, went to my system configuration, went to control panel but anything from there isn't working, and even just restarting my computer doesn't work....
  9. Hello there, I have the problem with the caps lock notification. I tried every possible...

Hello there, I have the problem with the caps lock notification. I tried every possible...: I already tried doing a clean reboot, went to my system configuration, went to control panel but anything from there isn't working, and even just restarting my computer doesn't work....
  10. I cloned a 500 hdd (disk 1) to a 2 tb sshd (disk 2). Having a little problem about “system...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I cloned a 500 hdd (disk 1) to a 2 tb sshd (disk 2). Having a little problem about “system...: https://imgur.com/gallery/oKfpUsG I copied both partitions from disk 1 to disk 2. Both disks have a partition called “system reserved” which disk 1 does not have a path for it but disk 2 has a path (D:) for it. Also it says in the tags in the screenshot that for disk 1...