Windows 10: Problems with start button

Discus and support Problems with start button in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just taken delivery of a new HP Pavilion x2 detachable 10-n000na and having trouble at times powering up.The power button hardly protrudes from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by willden, Oct 21, 2015.

1. willden Win User

Problems with start button

Just taken delivery of a new HP Pavilion x2 detachable 10-n000na and having trouble at times powering up.The power button hardly protrudes from the case and sometimes when I press the button it fails to respond.Is there any sequence for start up that I am failing to use.

:)

willden, Oct 21, 2015

2. Problems with my START button and Search box

Hi Susan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. I would suggest you to use PowerShell command and try the below steps:

• Press Windows Key + R on your keyboard.

• Type PowerShell and hit Enter.

• Right click on the PowerShell icon on the taskbar and select
      Run as Administrator.

• If the right click is not working then go to my computer and search the "powershell" in the search bar at the top of explorer.

• Then you will find the shortcut icon of powershell, right click on
      powershell and Run as administrator.

• Now paste the following command in the Administrator:
      Windows PowerShell window
      and press Enter key:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Wait few minutes
    Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Oct 21, 2015
  3. SusanPW Win User
    Problems with my START button and Search box

A few days ago, I lost the ability to (left) click on my START button (and calendar).

Just now I lost the ability to use the SEARCH box.

Why can't Microsoft fix these problems? I tried to restore my Dell PC to Windows 7 but I am past the 30 day period.

We were constantly urged to upgrade to Windows 10 and now so many of us are having problems.

Please fix this for us.

SusanPW, Oct 21, 2015
  4. JohnC Win User

Since it is brand new I would take it back to the store and explain the problem. Sometimes a bad part makes it past quality control. The staff at the store should be more help since they can see and try the power button.

JohnC, Oct 22, 2015
Thema:

1. Problems with start button - Similar Threads - Problems start button

2. The usual Start Search button problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The usual Start Search button problems: I am really getting pissed off with Windows now. I have an old laptop running Windows 8.1. I replaced it with a new laptop running Windows 11, then put Windows 10 on my old laptop. Nothing but trouble since then, with both laptops. Both have trouble with the Start and Search...
  3. The usual Start Search button problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The usual Start Search button problems: I am really getting pissed off with Windows now. I have an old laptop running Windows 8.1. I replaced it with a new laptop running Windows 11, then put Windows 10 on my old laptop. Nothing but trouble since then, with both laptops. Both have trouble with the Start and Search...
  4. Have a problem with start button

in Windows 10 Customization
    Have a problem with start button: hi when i press the start button where is located the button to close the pc, something is wrong, you know when you press tab and is swiping trough buttons, that does to me, but i don't press , and it makes with the file explorer search bar too and when i open settings,...
  5. Problems with the start button.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems with the start button.: Hey there, I'm having an issue with my pc where if i let it idle for more than 10 minutes or so, the start button stops working and if try to restart windows explorer it just crashes entirely. The pc also gets stuck if i try and shut it down or restart it after it's the...
  6. START BUTTON Problem

START BUTTON Problem: Hi, about one month ago after last updating my PC's START BUTTON does not work! I did anything the I searched about this problem but I could not fix it and also surprisingly RUN as administrator disappeared. how can I fix it? please help me. Thank you....
  7. Problems with Windows start button

Problems with Windows start button: Since last update I have not been able to use the Windows start button. It stays gray/black all the time. Only able to right click, but does not open with normal click. [ATTACH] I have tried all the normal things to restart windows, checked upgrades etc. Nothing has changed...
  8. start button problem on windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    start button problem on windows 10: i was watching a movie on vlc 3 days ago, i accidently pressed alt gr button maybe or ctrl button i dont remember, since then after i log into windows, the start button, ctrl button,alt and alt gr produce a notification sound after they are pressed and responds after 3rd...
  9. problem start button

problem start button: I cant press the windows button on the bottom left and i cant click on the magnifying glass...... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-start-button/7814b9ac-ac26-41ff-aaf1-6686855aa31b
  10. problem with lost icons and start button

in Windows 10 Support
    problem with lost icons and start button: I have been using windows 10 for a few months now and this problem has happened twice now. The computer starts running very slowly and when I click on the start button = nothing happens so there is no way to shut the machine down except to shut it off. Also, I have lost the...