Windows 10: Problems with Start Screen blank

Discus and support Problems with Start Screen blank in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just installed build 10586 and get an error c:/programdata/microsoft/windows/startmenu/programs/desktop.ink parameter is incorrect. this came up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by shipinomore10, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Problems with Start Screen blank

Just installed build 10586 and get an error
    c:/programdata/microsoft/windows/startmenu/programs/desktop.ink parameter is incorrect.
    this came up after the upgrade was completed.
    cannot switch back and forth using the windows key also.
    Under programs there is no folder desktop.ink there is a desktop but this is a shortcut
    at a loss how to recreate this parameter.
    Also strange that none of my other three win 10 pro systems has this file either. I did enter this problem also in the IR problems.

shipinomore.

:)

shipinomore10, Jan 22, 2016
  2. chasw98 Win User

Blank screen after Windows 10 update on 9/12/2017

I got the meaning of "hard shutdown".

FYI as stated in problem, the blank screen covered the (1) BIOS post screen and (2) Manufacture Logo screen and (3) Sign-in screen. I heard the Windows Start-up Sound.

In my case blank was blank.

What I left out of the original, is I tried a Recover Disk but due to blank screen I could not navigate it.

Again, thanks for your help.

chasw98, Jan 22, 2016
  3. sanju6300 Win User
    Anti virus for nokia 6300

My phone started giving strange problem. The screen goes blank randomly. Then if I make call or play music player (clicking keys by guessing), then it starts on its randomly. If then I dont use phone for 5 mins, then again the screen goes blank.

If virus cant affect, then what could be the problem?

Regards,

Sanju

sanju6300, Jan 22, 2016
Thema:

Problems with Start Screen blank

1. Problems with Start Screen blank - Similar Threads - Problems Start Screen

2. Start screen blank

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start screen blank: I was adding my kids to the account and setting up parental controls and now I can’t log in. I hit any key and the screen goes blank. the main screen comes on, i see the time, a background picture and hit any key to see my email accounts to log in BUT the entire screen goes...
  3. windows 10 blank screen at start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 blank screen at start up: My Dell laptop will not sign in. It goes from the screen loading windows, to Preparing to Automatic Repair, to a black screen. I cannot boot to Safe Mode. Is my only step now to attempt to boot to USB?...
  4. Problem with tiles in Start screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with tiles in Start screen: I have had this problem with Start screen tiles for some months. I had hoped it might go away with a either updates or some repairs to the Store or resets, but it persists. A proportion of the tiles, perhaps about 20%, are either completely blank or just show the text name of...
  5. Blank screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank screen: I hope you can help, I have been 'updating' windows 10 from windows 7 since Monday. The screen has remained blank since then. Nothing is happening at all. After turning it off, the start up screen is just the windows 10 logo then the screen goes blank. Please help as now...
  6. Screen goes blank/black after start up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen goes blank/black after start up: Upon start up of my PC (Windows 10) it loads up then the screen goes blank, like its in sleep mode, no mouse nothing, if I turn the monitor on and off, the screen appears for a second or two then disappears again. I tried restarting in safe to check drivers but it does...
  7. Blank Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank Screen: In Windows 10, I have a blank screen with no cusor. How do I restart my laptop. Control/Alt/ Del does not work. 60182
  8. Win10 Blank Screen Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Blank Screen Problem: I recent performed a clean Win10 reset, and since then, it's gripped with a very weird and annoying problem. Every time I install ANY software, at the end of the installation the screen goes blank for 3-4 seconds (as if my monitor looses connection) and then resumes....
  9. Blank Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank Screen: My Laptop is Lenovo Y50. All of a sudden , on logging, the screen went blank with a mouse pointer & i couldnt enter password. No Control, alt, Del works... I didnt do any Windows 10 Update... Now the laptop is as good as dead. Guys please help... Only i have to...
  10. Blank Screen on Start Up

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank Screen on Start Up: When I switch on my laptop, appears to start up, brand name appears, then screen goes blank. Stays that way, nothing else happens. Screen is not black, a sort of faded blue. Model is an ASUS F552E. Anyone else have this problem or a fix ? Thanks 33754