Windows 10: Problems with Start Screen blank

Discus and support Problems with Start Screen blank in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just installed build 10586 and get an error c:/programdata/microsoft/windows/startmenu/programs/desktop.ink parameter is incorrect. this came up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by shipinomore10, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Problems with Start Screen blank

Just installed build 10586 and get an error
    c:/programdata/microsoft/windows/startmenu/programs/desktop.ink parameter is incorrect.
    this came up after the upgrade was completed.
    cannot switch back and forth using the windows key also.
    Under programs there is no folder desktop.ink there is a desktop but this is a shortcut
    at a loss how to recreate this parameter.
    Also strange that none of my other three win 10 pro systems has this file either. I did enter this problem also in the IR problems.

shipinomore.

:)

shipinomore10, Jan 22, 2016
  2. chasw98 Win User

Blank screen after Windows 10 update on 9/12/2017

I got the meaning of "hard shutdown".

FYI as stated in problem, the blank screen covered the (1) BIOS post screen and (2) Manufacture Logo screen and (3) Sign-in screen. I heard the Windows Start-up Sound.

In my case blank was blank.

What I left out of the original, is I tried a Recover Disk but due to blank screen I could not navigate it.

Again, thanks for your help.

chasw98, Jan 22, 2016
  3. sanju6300 Win User
    Anti virus for nokia 6300

My phone started giving strange problem. The screen goes blank randomly. Then if I make call or play music player (clicking keys by guessing), then it starts on its randomly. If then I dont use phone for 5 mins, then again the screen goes blank.

If virus cant affect, then what could be the problem?

Regards,

Sanju

sanju6300, Jan 22, 2016
Thema:

Problems with Start Screen blank

1. Problems with Start Screen blank - Similar Threads - Problems Start Screen

2. KB5009543 blank screen problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5009543 blank screen problem: Hi. I was using my pc and I got the reminder to restart to install update KB5009543 and I clicked on it. It just restarted normally, installing updates and everything. After the installation process it just blanked. It did not even bring me to the login menu. I force...
  3. KB5009543 blank screen problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB5009543 blank screen problem: Hi. I was using my pc and I got the reminder to restart to install update KB5009543 and I clicked on it. It just restarted normally, installing updates and everything. After the installation process it just blanked. It did not even bring me to the login menu. I force...
  4. KB5009543 blank screen problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Blank screen problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blank screen problem: Yesterday, I was using my laptop and it was working perfectly. But suddenly it hanged and I removed it's battery to restart it. As it restarted, it doesn't show me acer logo nor windows logo, just a blank screen. I thought it is over with the laptop, but I heard windows...
  6. Display problems - black or blank screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display problems - black or blank screen: My installation comprises: - 1 ThinkPad X270 laptop main station - 2 ThinkPad P24h-10 monitors connected to the HDMI ports of the docking station - 1 ThinkPad USB-C dock type 40A9 connecting point for the a.m. devices All devices still under warranty. I've been using...
  7. start up blank screen problem.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    start up blank screen problem.: After running my laptop, the BIOS setup loaded. But the windows operating system(windows 10 home) not boot. after, i turn off my laptop with long press power button.but, if i second time press the power button, booting normally.please help me about this problem?...
  8. Start screen blank

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start screen blank: I was adding my kids to the account and setting up parental controls and now I can’t log in. I hit any key and the screen goes blank. the main screen comes on, i see the time, a background picture and hit any key to see my email accounts to log in BUT the entire screen goes...
  9. Win10 Blank Screen Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Blank Screen Problem: I recent performed a clean Win10 reset, and since then, it's gripped with a very weird and annoying problem. Every time I install ANY software, at the end of the installation the screen goes blank for 3-4 seconds (as if my monitor looses connection) and then resumes....
  10. Blank Screen on Start Up

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank Screen on Start Up: When I switch on my laptop, appears to start up, brand name appears, then screen goes blank. Stays that way, nothing else happens. Screen is not black, a sort of faded blue. Model is an ASUS F552E. Anyone else have this problem or a fix ? Thanks 33754