Windows 10: problems with startup repair

Discus and support problems with startup repair in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My problem started after I was downloading layouts for my mahjong game. During the download, the screen went blank and then rebooted (no bsod). Up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by valcansa, Jan 19, 2017.

1. valcansa Win User

problems with startup repair

My problem started after I was downloading layouts for my mahjong game. During the download, the screen went blank and then rebooted (no bsod). Up rebooting it went to Windows 10 troubleshooting tools. I choose to just continue and load Windows 10, The logon screen appeared listing all of my families 3 user id's. I selected mine, entered my pin and while loading my profile, I caught a glimpse of a light blue message screen (went by way to fast) and then a black screen (the only thing I could do was to ctrl, alt, del and went to task manager and I was logged in everything loaded but no video. So I rebooted and eventually went to advanced options and selected system repair. It eventually said that it could not make the repair. So I followed the information in tutorial and repeated the process (4 or 5 times making sure to restart each time) and I got the same message. So, I decided to see if the other id's had the same problem (which could mean a bad video card). So tested the other two and they worked perfectly*Eek So my profile is hosed*Shock. I then followed the tutorial for booting into safe mode. My id did the samething (they worked*Eek) Mine did not*Mad. I also followed the tutorial to fun sfc.exe (I could not find the sfcfix tat was listed in the tutorial). When I sfc /scannow at the command prompt I got the following message, "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service",

So I have a conundrum, I'm am at a complete loss regarding this problem.

Note: I've also tried system restore, to no avail.

:)

valcansa, Jan 19, 2017

2. Problem with startup repair

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

In order to assist you better, I would like to know the following queries:

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• Did you made any recent changes on the computer?

• What was the exact issue that made you perform startup repair?

• What issues are you facing while working on your computer?

• Are you able to login to your computer?

I would suggest you to refer the link below:

Correcting errors in the uppercase file.

Please get back to us with more information so that we can assist you better.

Thank you.

JuzarAli1709, Jan 19, 2017
  3. RosaChen Win User
    Problem with startup repair

Original Title: Lee

Cannot repair Pc log files D:\windows\system32\logfiles\SRT\SRTTrail.txt

I tried Advanced option-start up setting-restart, it did not work . I run CHKDSK , it said errors found on Uppercase files

I have window 7 and upgrade to window 10 two months ago. Any idea?

RosaChen, Jan 19, 2017
  4. problems with startup repair

TairikuOkami, Jan 20, 2017
  5. valcansa Win User
    I will follow your recommendations and update you on its success.*Biggrin

valcansa, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

problems with startup repair

1. problems with startup repair - Similar Threads - problems startup repair

2. Startup repair problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup repair problem: Please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startup-repair-problem/5a73fc9c-3a2c-4e40-a553-325711376418
  3. Startup repair problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup repair problem: Please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startup-repair-problem/5a73fc9c-3a2c-4e40-a553-325711376418
  4. Startup repair problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Startup Repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup Repair: Alright, so now I got this laptop to windows 10, few months later it’s having start up repair issues.https://youtu.be/OwCH5J97GV0 I’ve tryed all 3 parts of this series and nothing is working. I can’t give most information about it because I can’t even get into the laptop...
  6. Startup Repair

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Startup Repair: My laptop has been having issues turning on. After performing a Startup repair it tells me it couldnt repair my PC & then says “Log file: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt” any ideas how to fix?Theres nothing i remember downloading or installing lately that could...
  7. Startup repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Startup repair: Hello, today i was on my pc and i was changing some settings in the registry the guy in the video told me to create a backup before changing anything so i did and after changingy problem got worse so i ran the backup registry then when i tried opening the command prompt and...
  8. Startup Repair

Startup Repair: I'm trying to manually use Startup Repair because I am having problems updating my laptop I don't have actual boot issues. I get this error: Startup Repair Startup repair couldn't repair your PC Press advanced options to try other options to repair your PC or Shut Down to...
  9. STARTUP REPAIR PROBLEM ON WINDOWS 10

STARTUP REPAIR PROBLEM ON WINDOWS 10: i lost all my files when i used my startup repair. can you help me get them back? thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startup-repair-problem-on-windows-10/be87278b-ed6b-493c-b320-59ad591ba67c
  10. startup repair

in Windows 10 Support
    startup repair: Hey EveryBody *Busted*Busted*Busted*Busted*Busted i following Brink tuts to repair my windows ten but when i am reached to this step [img] my Keyboard/Mouse Stops working *Shock 32140

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to fix Press Advanced options to try other options to repair your PC or Shut down to turn off your PC. Log file: F:\Recovery\WindowsRE)Winre.wim\System32\Logfiles\5rt\SrtTrail.txt