Windows 10: Problems with University Wifi connection

Discus and support Problems with University Wifi connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello there I am having issues with my university's wifi as for some reason I can connect to the internet but after 15-20 min I get limited connection... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nghia93, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Nghia93 Win User

Problems with University Wifi connection

Hello there I am having issues with my university's wifi as for some reason I can connect to the internet but after 15-20 min I get limited connection and then get kicked off the network. Then when I try to reconnect to the wifi it will not let me in anymore as it just says can't connect to this network.
    I have tried turning wifi on and off and as well as forgetting the network but it still doesn't work. The only small fix I was able to find is forget the network and then restart my laptop and it fixes it only temporarily. My brother who has the exact same laptop as me does not have any issues with the wifi at the university except me. I have no troubles with the wifi at home as well just seems to be the problem at school.

If anyone knows a solution to this it would be greatly appreciated!

I am using an Asus X53E laptop with Windows 10, 64-bit OS
    The network adapter in my laptop is a Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 Wireless Network Adapter and it is running on the latest version which is 10.0.0.326

:)

Nghia93, Jan 30, 2016

2. C3-01 Internet over WLAN

ranipur23:

In my university, I connect to Wifi through an authentication website, which is different for every university. After you connect to your university's Wifi, you type in the web address of the web authentication web site and enter your username and password.

noki_c3_01, Jan 30, 2016
  3. gurparit Win User
    Some software doesn't connect via Wifi

if your only having problems accessing through your universitys internet connection chances are itz the wifi internet in your university that my have certain restrictions in place or filters stopping those applications from working.

as i have to experienced the same with my N95 using my universitys wifi.

i could only visit university related sites and google.

all others didnt seem to work.

gurparit, Jan 30, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Go talk to the School IT dept. that handles the Access Points. My guess is that they do not have enough A/P's to cover the areas and users access, so someone is going to get dropped or bumped off.

bro67, Jan 31, 2016
  5. Nghia93 Win User
    Yeah I have tried talking to the IT guys at my school but they didn't really help much other than go through steps I already went through. Its weird since I feel like in all my classes I am prob the only guy that can't seem to keep the connection at my school, people with Macs I feel have no issues at all.

Nghia93, Jan 31, 2016
  6. brummyfan Win User
    Hi,
    Try going to Device manager, go to Wi-Fi Properties, select Power management tab, untick "Allow the computer switch off this device...." and click OK.
    HTH.

brummyfan, Jan 31, 2016
  7. Nghia93 Win User
    I checked and that box is already unticked.

Nghia93, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Problems with University Wifi connection - Similar Threads - Problems University Wifi

2. BSOD when connected to university wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when connected to university wifi: Hello.I had BSOD every 5 to 10 minutes if I the laptop is connected to university wifi.Here is my dump files:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aue5Ql3IY6LvNt6vrkAU7UnMryzaOP3B/view?usp=sharingThanks...
  3. BSOD when connected to university wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when connected to university wifi: Hello.I had BSOD every 5 to 10 minutes if I the laptop is connected to university wifi.Here is my dump files:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aue5Ql3IY6LvNt6vrkAU7UnMryzaOP3B/view?usp=sharingThanks...
  4. WiFi Connection Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi Connection Problem: Hey there!I have installed dual band wifi i.e 2g and 5g. But I have not able to connect to 5g network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-connection-problem/5113afc6-630f-436c-b128-23b8bad347ef
  5. Wifi connection problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi connection problem: HelloI have been reading my emails when suddenly lost the internet connection... My Wifi is on and I see the available connections but I can't connect. I tried a lots of things like reinstall the utility, on/off the realtek wifi in the device manager realtek type: 8822ce...
  6. Wifi connection problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi connection problem: From about a week or two , my wifi connection disconnects randomly on my laptop. It is not the problem of my router as the internet works on all other devices. Also it's just I can't see any wifi devices or even mobile hotspots and mostly I can't even see the wifi option in...
  7. Wifi Connectivity Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi Connectivity Problem: [ATTACH] I have tried updating wifi driver, rollback wifi driver, Resetting tcp, tried power-saving mode ones too. But the wifi keeps disconnecting after a minute or two. Every time I have to manually disconnect and connect again. Other devices just work fine. Please help...
  8. My laptop keeps not connecting to the university wifi

My laptop keeps not connecting to the university wifi: I brought my laptop from Korea and while I was in Korea, it worked really well. Even after I arrived in U.S it worked pretty well with other types of wifi. Now I arrived at the university campus and I am having an issue with wifi connection. When I try to connect my laptop to...
  9. Wifi connectivity problem

Wifi connectivity problem: Hi Over the past week or so,my internet connection(Wifi) has been disconnecting.I am using a TPlink Wireless USB adapter:- https://www.amazon.co.uk/Archer-T2U-Wireless-Supports-10-7-10-11/dp/B00K11UIV4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1546962138&sr=8-2&keywords=Archer+T2U When my...
  10. Laptop unable to automatically connect to university wifi

Laptop unable to automatically connect to university wifi: Hello, as the Title says, ever since upgrading to windows 10, my laptop will not automatically connect to my university wifi. It simply says (translated from german) "connection to this network is impossible". to bypass this issue i have to go to the "known networks" list...