Windows 10: problems with updates is very slow to be installed

Discus and support problems with updates is very slow to be installed in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi I am running Windows 10 Home 14,393,969 who have build 1607 in the recent past been problems with updates is very slow to be installed, and in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Pawell, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Pawell Win User

problems with updates is very slow to be installed

Hi I am running Windows 10 Home 14,393,969 who have build 1607 in the recent past been problems with updates is very slow to be installed, and in several cases, freezes the PC.
    It is managed to receive all updates from Microsoft, but it has sometimes taken a long time.
    I have posted the question to the Microsoft Community in Denmark, but the response I've gotten is that I must disable Malwarebytes 3.0.6 when there will be an update from Microsoft.
    It can be hard, because I do not know when there will be an update because it happens automatically. Should automatically update does not take place without my intervention.

:)

Pawell, Apr 6, 2017

2. Just installed Windows 10 - it is VERY SLOW

I have just installed Windows 10 and it is VERY SLOW. I read in some comments made in 2014 that this problem would soon be fixed. when is the FIX coming?

ChristinaGiulianotti, Apr 6, 2017
  3. Newly installed Windows 10 is running very slow

Hello Tim,

There will be times that your computer will run slow despite of no activities running. There are couple of factors that we would consider when experiencing slow PC performance. Unnecessary startup programs, fragmented hard drive, and low PC memory are the
    possible causes why you're having PC performance issues.

You may help us to identify the exact cause of the issue by providing these information:

• Is this your first time to encounter this issue?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer's configuration prior to the issue?

Meanwhile, please try the suggestions on this article: Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10 to make
    your Windows 10 PC run better.

We're looking forward to your response.

Antoneth Ber, Apr 6, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

It is possible to constrain updates - e.g. to set them to Notify only.

E.g. use Winaero's free tweaker - many tweaks, with full explanation. Or just see his site. Easy to find.

dalchina, Apr 6, 2017
  5. Pawell Win User
    Thanks, but I want to know is, why the automatic update does not happen automatically.

Pawell, Apr 6, 2017
  6. Pawell Win User
    Thanks for the hint, I'll take a look at the Winaeros tweaker

Pawell, Apr 6, 2017
  7. dalchina New Member
    - is a different issue to:
    Without user intervention, minor updates are applied automatically- the absurd thing being that when updates require a restart, suddenly that could happen.

If your question is then 'why aren't they silent' (not needing a restart) that's an issue to do with being able to replace files in use or not.

As for upgrades, these follow the manner of Windows installation, and there are a significant number of prompts.

People tend to prefer these to be controlled given the history of difficulties with upgrades (and come to that, even updates).

This is especially true in organisations.

dalchina, Apr 6, 2017
  8. Pawell Win User

I understand. But my problem is that the automatic update from Microsoft often get stuck, and it could mean a forced shutdown of the PC.
    I would, therefore, not to manage the updates themselves, but I would like help to get the automatic update to run automatically.

Pawell, Apr 6, 2017
  9. dalchina New Member
    I see, unfortunately your 1st post wasn't clear enough on that, although you mentioned freezes.

First, make sure your disk and file system are ok.
    Crystal Diskinfo (free) gives a quick indication.

Then from an admin command prompt
    [Windows key + X, click command prompt (admin)]
    chkdsk C: /F
    Your PC will need to restart.
    Make sure the result is clear or fixed- else do not proceed.
    Post back the result, which you can get after a restart as follows:
    How do I see the results of a CHKDSK that ran on boot? - Ask Leo!

Then again from an admin prompt run
    sfc /scannow
    and post the result displayed (checks system files).

When you apply updates, make sure external peripherals are disconnected.

To find what went wrong, you can try inspecting the various log files.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...0-version-1607

There are also many threads on this forum on update failures, and there will be suggestions or solutions there- I've not read those or summarised them myself.

dalchina, Apr 6, 2017
  10. Pawell Win User
    Thanks for the suggestions. I try them all tomorrow. Sorry for my post could be misunderstood. I can not English, so I translate both ways, and it may cause some problems. I will return when I have tested your suggestions.

Pawell, Apr 6, 2017
  11. Pawell Win User
    Thanks for the help now I hope it all runs in the future. My question is answered.

Pawell, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. problems with updates is very slow to be installed - Similar Threads - problems updates very

2. Very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very slow: I am trying to downgrade my extremely slow windows 10 laptop to windows 7 but I got an error saying Windows could not retrieve information about the disks on this computer and it even takes so long to startup and show my account and password box and when I type in my password...
  3. installating programs is very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    installating programs is very slow: hello,I recently have problems with my PCeverything worked fine except 2 days ago I notice that installing programs are very slow althrough I use an pcie 4.0 ssdalso games freezes after a few secondswhat I tried was:update my graphics cardreinstalling windows 11did memory...
  4. installating programs is very slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    installating programs is very slow: hello,I recently have problems with my PCeverything worked fine except 2 days ago I notice that installing programs are very slow althrough I use an pcie 4.0 ssdalso games freezes after a few secondswhat I tried was:update my graphics cardreinstalling windows 11did memory...
  5. Cumulative update kb5004945 installing is very slow.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cumulative update kb5004945 installing is very slow.: Update details : Cumulative Update for window 10 version20H2 for x64-based Systems KB5004945, Can I use my laptop for normal task like browsing or Installing other software meanwhile cumulative update installing, because its very slow. Will it affect my pc performance or any...
  6. After recent Update install, laptop is very slow.

After recent Update install, laptop is very slow.: I am using a two year old, fully updated, Hp laptop with Windows 10 and a IntelR CoreTM i5-8265U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80 GHz processor and NVIDA GE Force. After a recent update, the laptop was running extremely slow.Taking 10 to 20 minutes to open after a full shutdown.Opening...
  7. Updating very slow.

Updating very slow.: I just downloaded the update assistant & updating my windows version. But after downloading it is taking very long time to complete it. I am stuck at 95% of completing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updating-very-slow/07a2a5b7-4fe2-4c0e-9f9f-667e399a561d
  8. Windows update is VERY SLOW

Windows update is VERY SLOW: Hello, PROBLEM: Windows is very slow at signing in and responds also very slowly while interacting with the interface in any way. I am in the middle of reinstalling programs/apps but everything is painfully slow. What can be done? BACKGROUND Windows installed some...
  9. Windows update very slow to install.

Windows update very slow to install.: Updating windows 10 from version 1903 to 2004, was fast until about 87/88 Percent, but in the two hours after that, it's only gotten to 92 percent. When looking in the task manager, windows update is only using 0.1MB/s disk, and no cpu. I have an I7-8700, RTX 2070, 16GB ram...
  10. very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    very slow: my device very slow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/very-slow/eaf30d84-58ab-4c41-9f93-dc2c1b7f95ce