Windows 10: Problems with volume key on an Asus Laptop

Discus and support Problems with volume key on an Asus Laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I am having other issues on my uncles computer. He has an Asus Laptop windows 10 64 bit 4 gigs memory. When I go to top of laptop where volume is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Hisbeauty4ashes, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Problems with volume key on an Asus Laptop

Hi I am having other issues on my uncles computer. He has an Asus Laptop windows 10 64 bit 4 gigs memory.

When I go to top of laptop where volume is and try to tap the key it causes the screen to move not turn the volume up or down. It is weird. It should be able to turn volume up and or down. So somehow the computer crosses wires.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

:)

Hisbeauty4ashes, Feb 16, 2018

2. No volume bar when changing volume level and changing brightness causing lag

A fix for Fn key control for volume would be tied to ASUS function. I suggest you google "fn key not working on ASUS (Model)" and see if other similar ASUS models have had same problem.

I have ASUS K-55A laptop and my Fn keys for volume work fine on Windows 10 Home. Vertical level appears on left side of laptop screen.

Jmarco0921, Feb 16, 2018
  3. Ldroamer Win User
    Volume Key Stealing Focus in Full Screen Games on Asus Laptop

I have upgraded my Asus laptop, model G73JW to windows 10 and for the most part it works fine except for one issue. When I am playing a game and adjust the volume the game loses focus and I am returned to the desktop and the volume control icon is shown.
    Obviously this is not ideal and makes adjusting the volume difficult without disrupting the game.

I should mention that the FN keys on this laptop are given special functions with an Asus keyboard driver (the "ATK" driver). After the upgrade the original Win 7 ATK package was still there and was not working properly. I upgraded the ATK driver to the
    latest Win 10 one offered by Asus and this fixed most problems but it introduced this problem with the volume key stealing focus from full screen games.

Does anyone have any idea if there is something I can do to fix this or do I have to wait and see if Asus will do anything about this?

Thanks

Ldroamer, Feb 16, 2018
  4. Problems with volume key on an Asus Laptop

Hi Hisbeauty4ashes

You are likely missing the ATK utility. Head to Asus support. Look up drivers for his device. You should see one labelled ATK

Ken

Caledon Ken, Feb 16, 2018
  5. Hi Ken when I go o Asus and look up his computer it is weird it takes me to some page advertising his computer. I was trying to do that last night. Argh! It has been a headache.

6. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    Post the model number of the laptop (complete).

7. Ok I am frustrated I tried doing it again! When I asked for drivers it took me to where they advertise the product. This is ridiculous! Model number is X551MAV

8. Problems with volume key on an Asus Laptop

9. Just checked...sorry should have done before hand.

Select 8.1 as operating system. For 10 they don't list.

10. Ok I made it to drivers finally Model number is X551MAV I cannot find the drivers you are talking about though scanning the page now.

11. They have 10 64 bit They switched to because he upgraded to windows 10 This is already installed and it is not working obviously on windows 8.1 they have the TDk utility for 8.1

Utilities

Version V3.13.00042015/08/3114.07 MBytesASUS Splendid (For Windows 10 Upgrade)
    ASUS Splendid gives you a great visual experience by different contextual modes.
    Please update ASUS Splendid to v3.11.0001 or newer to avoid compatibility problems caused by upgrading to Windows 10.

12. This is the other one I find for windows 10 upgrade

Version V4.0,52015/07/2350.29 MBytesASUS Smart Gesture (For Windows 10 Upgrade)
    ASUS Smart Gesture (Touchpad Driver) provides smoother and more intuitive touchpad experiences.
    To avoid losing ASUS customized gestures due to compatibility issue after upgrade to Windows 10, please update ASUS Smart Gesture to v4.0.5 or above.

13. Problems with volume key on an Asus Laptop

This is the other one I find for windows 10 upgrade

Version V4.0,52015/07/2350.29 MBytesASUS Smart Gesture (For Windows 10 Upgrade)
    ASUS Smart Gesture (Touchpad Driver) provides smoother and more intuitive touchpad experiences.
    To avoid losing ASUS customized gestures due to compatibility issue after upgrade to Windows 10, please update ASUS Smart Gesture to v4.0.5 or above.

Should I just do the windows 8.1 Utility?

14. Try unloading the ATK driver and then reload the 8.1 ATK driver.

15. What do you mean unload it? How do I uninstall it? Device manager right?

Thema:

Problems with volume key on an Asus Laptop

1. Problems with volume key on an Asus Laptop - Similar Threads - Problems volume key

2. Asus laptop's some Keys Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus laptop's some Keys Not Working: I have an Asus Vivobook X543MA model laptop The "spacebar key", "E key", "3 key", and "Caps Lock Key" are not working, I need to press the key multiple times to perform, I tried reinstalling the keyboard driver and update bios & windows, what to do?...
  3. Asus laptop's some Keys Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus laptop's some Keys Not Working: I have an Asus Vivobook X543MA model laptop The "spacebar key", "E key", "3 key", and "Caps Lock Key" are not working, I need to press the key multiple times to perform, I tried reinstalling the keyboard driver and update bios & windows, what to do?...
  4. ASUS laptop audio problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASUS laptop audio problems: Okay so I own a ASUS TUF gaming f17, it's running windows 11 and frankly the sound on it isn't very good. I tried installing realtek high definition audio driver but at the very end it always gives me an error and the audio hasn't improve. I asked about this and I was told to...
  5. ASUS laptop audio problems

ASUS laptop audio problems: Okay so I own a ASUS TUF gaming f17, it's running windows 11 and frankly the sound on it isn't very good. I tried installing realtek high definition audio driver but at the very end it always gives me an error and the audio hasn't improve. I asked about this and I was told to...
  6. Volume Keys, Brightness and other function keys not working Properly - ASUS ROG Laptop -...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume Keys, Brightness and other function keys not working Properly - ASUS ROG Laptop -...: With the past 3 WIP buils I'm facing this function keys and volume button issues in my laptop.Initially I felt like waiting for some new buils so that I don't need to report it, but even after 3 builds I'm having this issue hence reporting.Whenever I'm pressing my volume keys...
  7. Volume Keys, Brightness and other function keys not working Properly - ASUS ROG Laptop -...

Volume Keys, Brightness and other function keys not working Properly - ASUS ROG Laptop -...: With the past 3 WIP buils I'm facing this function keys and volume button issues in my laptop.Initially I felt like waiting for some new buils so that I don't need to report it, but even after 3 builds I'm having this issue hence reporting.Whenever I'm pressing my volume keys...
  8. problem with ssd on Asus laptop fl5900

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    problem with ssd on Asus laptop fl5900: Hi everyoneI have Asus laptop fl5900u with 4 gig onboard ram recently I change the HDD hard drive with a ssd pny 240 gig and I have problem with install windows 10 on ssd it got multi blue screen errors but it have Not any problem with old HDD I have changed the ssd with...
  9. Disabling the ROG key on ASUS laptop keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disabling the ROG key on ASUS laptop keyboard: Hello all. I hope you're having a lovely day. I have a problem with my laptop keyboard which neither Google searches nor ASUS customer support were able to resolve. I'm typing with an external keyboard right now, which points to the fact that it's not a software issue, though...
  10. volume keys problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    volume keys problem: so just recently, i found whenever i use my volume up and down keys, it opens up a google tab and i've searched up different ways to see if i could try and fix this but nothing has helped so far and my computer is up to date. can somebody help please?...