Windows 10: Problems with Windows 10

Discus and support Problems with Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello community, In 2015, I bought a PEAQ laptop for schoolwork and entertainment. I used it until 2017, when it faced serious problems, for example... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MilanNL, May 13, 2017.

1. MilanNL Win User

Problems with Windows 10

Hello community,
    In 2015, I bought a PEAQ laptop for schoolwork and entertainment. I used it until 2017, when it faced serious problems, for example Windows File Explorer crashing whenever I wanted to do something, files disappeared and some programs became unusable. So I got a new computer, also running Windows 10, but now I am getting the same problems: COM Surrogate, Runtime Broker and Shell Infrastructure Host are using way too much CPU so that the pc is getting slow, and whenever I select a file, Windows File Explorer crashes. Can somebody help me?

:)

MilanNL, May 13, 2017

2. problems with windows 10 and google chrome

since loading windows 10 i have seen a number of frustrating issues when using google chrome which i have never had before. The most frustrating of these (i have a touch screen laptop) is if i drag the cursor over the screen it resizes either larger or
    smaller which is not what i want. Not a techie so whilst i have tried to fix it looking at other issues i have still not been successful - any ideas how i can fix this please?

windows 10 problems, May 13, 2017
  3. Computer shows blue screen and tells me that atikmdag.sys failed.

Windows 10 stops my computer and then gives me a blue screen. tells me that my atikmdag.sys failed. Have tried MS help but still have this problem. Any suggestion besides throwing away this computer?

Brenda( ) Windows 10 problems, May 13, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Problems with Windows 10

Hi, can you please do a clean boot (see Tutorial index or search if unsure how) and then post a screenshot of your task manager, CPU organised high to low by clicking on the CPU tab.

Please advise if explorer is still crashing.

If it is, please download and run Shellexview (free). Run it, hide all MS extensions, disable all others.

Then again see if explorer is crashing.

Also please do these two basic checks:
    - your file system
    From an admin command prompt
    [Windows key + X, click command prompt (admin)]
    chkdsk C: /F
    Your PC will need to restart.
    Post back the result, which you can get after a restart as follows:
    How do I see the results of a CHKDSK that ran on boot? - Ask Leo!
    Make sure the result is clear or fixed- else do not proceed.

- your system files
    From an admin command prompt
    SFC /SCANNOW

and report the summary result.

dalchina, May 13, 2017
Thema:

Problems with Windows 10

1. Problems with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Problems

2. Win10 Install For Dual Boot Partition Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Install For Dual Boot Partition Problem: I'm trying to do a clean install of Win10 on my Win7 desktop using Unallocated Space on the HDD. I thought I could have up to 4 Primary partitions, but I get this error when I try to select it. Any ideas? 146516
  3. Problem with Playing Video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Playing Video: Hi there.. I've installed the latest version of Windows 10 as I tried to play a video file but there's no video player!! Ok I downloaded Movies & TV App and tried again but! it says the following : [ATTACH] I am wondering why?? it's just a video player, is that a hard...
  4. Problems with windows activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problems with windows activation: Hi I'm having some issues with windows activation I recently updated my pc, moved my parts to another pc and re-installed windows on both. Before this both pc's had a valid windows 10 licence. In order to move the licences I used a vbs script to extrace the licence...
  5. Help there is a problem while im making in-app purchases!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help there is a problem while im making in-app purchases!: so recently i was repetitively making in-app purchases, after a couple of them i was no longer able to make in-app purchases anymore! is there any reason for this? and how do i get rid of it?...
  6. wifi...my 5g wifi signal isn't visible on my list but I can conntect to my 2.4 no problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi...my 5g wifi signal isn't visible on my list but I can conntect to my 2.4 no problem: I can't get my 5g wifi connection to show up on the list for connecting. All other devices pick it up but this computer...help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifimy-5g-wifi-signal-isnt-visible-on-my-list-but/04bb2ffd-e7f5-4073-859f-3e8c6e7f6c4e
  7. Problems installing windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems installing windows: I recently (in September) bought parts and built a computer that i was supposed to use for gaming mostly and some schoolwork. Everything went well until i was going to install windows. In the beginning everything seemed OK and i came quite far in the setup of Microsoft...
  8. Headphones not working! None of the other threads fixed the problem.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Headphones not working! None of the other threads fixed the problem.: I have an Inspiron 15-3567 and the headphones are not working when plugged in. They work in other devices so the headphones are not the problem. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the headphone driver but it still isn't working. I remember when I would plug them in, I...
  9. Having problems luanching a games

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Having problems luanching a games: Hi! Ive just downloaded Sea Of Thieves in microsoft store and when i press play the game just luanches up quick then just shut downs, i dont really know the problem i have been searching a lot for that specific problem and there are solutions out there but none of them...
  10. There is problem to log in Microsoft account in my pc in home page I write current password...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    There is problem to log in Microsoft account in my pc in home page I write current password...: Can not log in Microsoft account in Window 10 * Moved from education https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-problem-to-log-in-microsoft-account-in-my/8c771ee7-6f11-426d-a8b6-487ec4f9c346"