Windows 10: Problems with windows app/app store/and windows update

Discus and support Problems with windows app/app store/and windows update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I found out that some apps were corrupted on this system (2 weeks old) so I was told to disable or reinstall them. Turns out they don't seem to even be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by maestro89, Nov 10, 2015.

1. maestro89 Win User

Problems with windows app/app store/and windows update

I found out that some apps were corrupted on this system (2 weeks old) so I was told to disable or reinstall them. Turns out they don't seem to even be installed (don't remember which they were) - so I started looking around and found out running windows update gives me an error as well running windows apps.
    Problems with windows app/app store/and windows update [​IMG]

Tried reinstalling app store with powershell and get an error (see attached)

with (Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ Microsoft.WindowsStore_2015.21.12.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe \AppxManifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode)

When I try to dl an app say Netfilx, I click get app and nothing happens

:)

maestro89, Nov 10, 2015

2. Error 0x80070490 when trying to install/upgrade applications dependent on Microsoft.VCLibs.140

Scott's problem is similar to mine. Windows Updates works fine, but the
    Windows Store apps cannot update.

Resetting Windows Update components does nothing to resolve the Windows Store app problem.

I also just noticed that the Windows Store apps that have updates available (and cannot update), no longer work. I cannot run those apps anymore, which is consistent with the increasing number of users who are experiencing the same problem.

The Windows Store app problem needs to be re-directed to Microsoft Level II support. This looks like a major bug in Windows Store that Microsoft has to fix very soon

rupertsland, Nov 10, 2015
  3. automatic store app off??

??

how to fix ??

automatic store app off, Nov 10, 2015
  4. maestro89 Win User

Also Appears microsoft edge is not installed, IE is though

maestro89, Nov 10, 2015
  5. Almighty1 Win User
    Delete the directory it complains about and then try again.

Almighty1, Nov 10, 2015
  6. maestro89 Win User
    Are there instructions on how to do that?

maestro89, Nov 10, 2015
  7. Almighty1 Win User
    Follow the error, for example:

Delete C:\Users\micha\AppData\Local\Packages\windows.immersivecontrolpanel*

Almighty1, Nov 11, 2015
  8. maestro89 Win User

I was able to shred that, not delete. under all programs, app folder, I can not open or modify - in C windowsApps I am not allowed to open or modify - also still can D/l a app from win app store

maestro89, Nov 11, 2015
  9. Almighty1 Win User
    Yes, you have to take ownership of the folder first, then give "ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES" permission.

Almighty1, Nov 11, 2015
  10. maestro89 Win User
    OK was able to change permissions in C:\Program Files\WindowsApps and am able to open it. Not able to open windows app folder under all programs

Also unable to d/l any apps from store (if that is related)

maestro89, Nov 11, 2015
  11. Almighty1 Win User
    Almighty1, Nov 11, 2015
  12. maestro89 Win User
    That did not work, I give up - thanks

maestro89, Nov 11, 2015
  13. Almighty1 Win User

Oh well, basically you need to get Windows Store working first then work on fixing the app.

Almighty1, Nov 11, 2015
  14. maestro89 Win User
    Agreed, it all looks so simple until it's not *Biggrin

maestro89, Nov 12, 2015
  15. Almighty1 Win User
    Oh well, it's probably better for you to get the new updated build that's out today in a ISO and do a in-place upgrade.

Almighty1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Problems with windows app/app store/and windows update - Similar Threads - Problems app app

2. Problem with Microsoft store app and windows update issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Microsoft store app and windows update issue: I have some updates lately and right w I'm having trouble using the apps that I have including the microsoft store. Nothing's working,I tried all possible solution I can use but nothing work. What to do?...
  3. Problem with Microsoft store app and windows update issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Microsoft store app and windows update issue: I have some updates lately and right w I'm having trouble using the apps that I have including the microsoft store. Nothing's working,I tried all possible solution I can use but nothing work. What to do?...
  4. Problem with Microsoft store app and windows update issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Problem with Microsoft Store App & Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Microsoft Store App & Windows update: Dear all,Good dayAlready passing days trying to fix problem with Windows update & Microsoft Store.Already read all possibilities and try all advices but nothing. I am writing here because I can not open nothing what is related with Microsoft Store, why? Doesn't know....I...
  6. Problem with Microsoft Store App & Windows update

Problem with Microsoft Store App & Windows update: Dear all,Good dayAlready passing days trying to fix problem with Windows update & Microsoft Store.Already read all possibilities and try all advices but nothing. I am writing here because I can not open nothing what is related with Microsoft Store, why? Doesn't know....I...
  7. Problem with Microsoft Store App & Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows Store app problem!!!

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store app problem!!!: [ATTACH]I reboot my windows 10 Asus VivoBokok X540U because of some reason. Then I tried to open the windows store app, but a download/installing thing pop(in the picture). I want to get back windows store app to download others application. Anyone can help me?...
  9. Problem updating Store app

Problem updating Store app: There is an update for the Store app that won't install. It seems to complete the 'downloading' phase, and the 'installing' phase seems to run out to near the end and then all of a sudden I get "Wait a few minutes and try that again The update failed. The error code is...
  10. Windows Store Apps Not Updating

Windows Store Apps Not Updating: Greetings tenforums, I have recently encountered a problem with the updates on the Windows Store. The apps are not updating anymore and are stuck. I have tried to follow most of the methods provided online including the troubleshoot step but to no avail. The troubleshoot...