Windows 10: Problems with Windows10 Photos App: 1) all pictures go to 1 file instead of files indexed...

Discus and support Problems with Windows10 Photos App: 1) all pictures go to 1 file instead of files indexed... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I try to import photos from my iphone 8 to my Dell laptop with Windows10, both running with up to date versions of their software. I connect iphone to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Yeldus, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Yeldus Win User

Problems with Windows10 Photos App: 1) all pictures go to 1 file instead of files indexed...

I try to import photos from my iphone 8 to my Dell laptop with Windows10, both running with up to date versions of their software. I connect iphone to the PC with a USB cable. Photos app came with the laptop. I read most of the answers from the community but they didn't solve my problems.

Problems;

1. 90% of the time Photos app doesn't recognize the iphone in the USB device. I tried different USB ports, cables etc. It does find it sometimes at random and tries to transfer all the photos, even those already in the laptop. I have to select the new ones by hand.

2. Until recently Photos app would give me the folder naming option like "name folders by the date of import". Now they all go to a file that I had created myself to separate all the pictures from my trip.

Questions:

1. How to ensure that when I select "Import" my iphone is found all the time and only NEW pictures are transferred

2. How to make folder names indexed by the date of import like it used to do?

Photos App is the most unfriendly and unforgiving software I ever used. It doesn't give me any flexibility. For example if I move some photos to an album, they still show in the collection and if I delete them from the collection, they are deleted from the album too. What is the use of Albums then?

Thank you for your help.

:)

Yeldus, Aug 15, 2018

2. Why do my photos show up in the microsoft app but not in my pictures folder?

Hi Cindy,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in photo app settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "microsoft app", are you referring to photos app?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to check the source file for photos app and also copy the picture from external device.

Step 1: I recommend you check the source file settings in the photos app settings and check if it helps.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Then type "Photos" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Click on Settings on the bottom left corner of the Photos app.

4. Then check if under Sources, pictures directory is present or not.

Step 2: I suggest you to directly copy and paste the picture from the external device into the computer.

Please get back to us with an update on issue displaying pictures imported in the photos app into picture folder, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 15, 2018
  3. pictures in the photo file

my download for some reason is going to a file called photos instead of pictures and when I want to upload photos to a website it will only get photos from pictures and not from photos. I can import pictures just not to file explorer. they go to photos

bobwalter1, Aug 15, 2018
  4. dalchina Win User

Problems with Windows10 Photos App: 1) all pictures go to 1 file instead of files indexed...

Can't convince Photos app to use local pictures file...

Problems with Windows10 Photos App: 1) all pictures go to 1 file instead of files indexed... [​IMG]

- the right hand one is in Pictures.

I suggest putting an image file in a folder not under a user account, adding that folder, and seeing if that is recognised and displayed.

dalchina, Aug 15, 2018
Thema:

1. Problems with Windows10 Photos App: 1) all pictures go to 1 file instead of files indexed... - Similar Threads - Problems Windows10 Photos

2. Index entry X825B1~1.MAN in index $I30 of file EFB97 is incorrect.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Index entry X825B1~1.MAN in index $I30 of file EFB97 is incorrect.: So I've been having problems with my pc crashing and freezing while I'm playing games lately and I tried to look for what it is. I used sfc/scannow and chkdsk on the command prompt and the first one showed no errors while the second one found nothing in the first stage and in...
  3. Index entry X825B1~1.MAN in index $I30 of file EFB97 is incorrect.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Index entry X825B1~1.MAN in index $I30 of file EFB97 is incorrect.: So I've been having problems with my pc crashing and freezing while I'm playing games lately and I tried to look for what it is. I used sfc/scannow and chkdsk on the command prompt and the first one showed no errors while the second one found nothing in the first stage and in...
  4. Index entry X825B1~1.MAN in index $I30 of file EFB97 is incorrect.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows file explorer loads pictures and videos 1 by 1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows file explorer loads pictures and videos 1 by 1: Hello,i've had this issue for quite some time, but its become more problematic now,these are my computer settingsProcessor IntelR CoreTM i9-9980XE CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz Motherboard: Prime x299-deluxe iiGraphics Card: 2080tiInstalled RAM 128 GB 128 GB usable System type...
  6. Windows file explorer loads pictures and videos 1 by 1

Windows file explorer loads pictures and videos 1 by 1: Hello,i've had this issue for quite some time, but its become more problematic now,these are my computer settingsProcessor IntelR CoreTM i9-9980XE CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz Motherboard: Prime x299-deluxe iiGraphics Card: 2080tiInstalled RAM 128 GB 128 GB usable System type...
  7. Camera and all the Zune Files 1

Camera and all the Zune Files 1: [ATTACH] Look at all these files for this Zune, I did NOT Download these, and I hope it is because of this program that I've lost Camera, Bluetooth, Microphone ! And Look here are the files for my dang, that can't load ......really Microsoft ? This is what you do ?...
  8. Reducing file size of all files in a folder to 1 byte

in Windows 10 Support
    Reducing file size of all files in a folder to 1 byte: What I need is a tool which will turn all my jpg files in a download folder to 1 byte files easily. I have thousands of files. I've already copied them where they need to be. So this download folder is purely for preventing the download of the same file more than once, and to...
  9. Oct 1 update - lost all my files, pictures - was not warned - log in issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Oct 1 update - lost all my files, pictures - was not warned - log in issues: Windows updated without notice on October 1 with no warning - trouble logging in - have lost all my files and pictures -got new password code - still lost everything - system very slow now- frustrated!!!...
  10. What are all these files with ".1" in their names?

in Windows 10 Support
    What are all these files with ".1" in their names?: Hello I have started to see lots of extra files with ".1" added to the end of the file name just before the extension. e.g. in addition to finance.xlsx, I now also have finance.1.xlsx e.g. In addtion to letter_to_acme.doc , I now also have letter_to_acme.1.doc...