Windows 10: Probs with a Dell Inspiron 5748

Discus and support Probs with a Dell Inspiron 5748 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Yes I ran the full disk clean there is nothing left to clean . will go do it again and let you see the shot . My gutt tells me that also that i have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kittenwoman, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Mooly Win User

Probs with a Dell Inspiron 5748

Hmmm, they are not quite the sort of screen shot info I was expecting.

Just for completeness you could try this. Here are two commands to copy and paste (one at a time).

%SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c Cleanmgr /sageset:65535

%SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c Cleanmgr /sagerun:65535

What you do is this.

1/ Copy the first command. You are going to copy and paste it.

2/ Right click the Windows square in the lower left of the screen and select 'Command Prompt (Admin)' from the list. Accept the user account warning that will appear by saying 'Yes'

3/ Right click on the window that has opened and you will find the command you copied should automatically paste and run. If not just copy and paste it and press 'enter'.

4/ Scroll down the list that will have opened to see all the ticked items and what they clear. You can safely delete everything offered. If you click on each item it will tell you what the files are and what they do.

5/ Click OK when you are happy that all is ticked that you want and select 'OK'.

6/ Now copy and paste the second command in the same way and that will run the cleanup. It might take quite a while if its never been run before.

This only cleans up Windows files though. Anything from third party software won't be shown or deleted.

Probs with a Dell Inspiron 5748 [​IMG]

Mooly, Mar 26, 2017
  2. Kyhi Win User

From your other Post > YOU have 725.6 Gigabytes of DATA in the Backups folder (Hidden Folder ???? )

Probs with a Dell Inspiron 5748 [​IMG]

3. Kyhi Win User
    From within "Command Prompt (Admin)" type

rmdir /s /q C:\Backups

to remove / delete the "Backups" Folder

Then create a system backup to an external drive (or any drive other then C:\

Thema:

Probs with a Dell Inspiron 5748

1. Probs with a Dell Inspiron 5748 - Similar Threads - Probs Dell Inspiron

2. Dell Inspiron 3584

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Inspiron 3584: One day, my brother had accidentally set a BIOS Administrator Password. To reset the password, I had taken my laptop to a local service center. They said that the BIOS chip will be replaced. From that instance, my laptop is taking around 1 minute 15 seconds to boot. Every...
  3. Dell Inspiron 3584

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dell Inspiron 3584: One day, my brother had accidentally set a BIOS Administrator Password. To reset the password, I had taken my laptop to a local service center. They said that the BIOS chip will be replaced. From that instance, my laptop is taking around 1 minute 15 seconds to boot. Every...
  4. dell inspiron n4050

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dell inspiron n4050: hi,i have dell inspiron n4050 having i3 2370m in it with 2 gb ram....can it run win 10 smoothly??????,plz reply https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-inspiron-n4050/27fd62d2-276f-4e83-9365-da664aab9307
  5. Dell Inspiron Touchscreen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell Inspiron Touchscreen: After attempting to add drivers for a USB device to my Inispiron 3593, the touchscreen no longer works. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-inspiron-touchscreen/df9ecca2-10ea-4e1a-a6f1-9d16f01538ab
  6. Dell laptop Inspiron 5748, Latest Win 10 update hosed VIDEO

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Dell laptop Inspiron 5748, Latest Win 10 update hosed VIDEO: Rarely have problems with updates on any of my computers, but the last update to this older laptop has caused the video to fail when Windows boots to the login screen . Black screen . Computer is up and running (can see it on the network) Cant get past that . Booting into...
  7. Dell Inspiron

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell Inspiron: I have a 6 yr old Dell Inspiron 15 laptop running Windows 10. I had external speakers (Logitech) working fine for years, playing my ITunes music. I decided to improve my sound further by connecting to my new Polk speakers via my Yamaha AVR. No sound. Internal speakers work,...
  8. Dell Inspiron battery

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dell Inspiron battery: battery won't charge, always shows 'plugged in, not charging' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-inspiron-battery/59cc6a57-375f-4980-8a7b-871387218c46"
  9. Dell Inspiron

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell Inspiron: Hi I have been having trouble starting my dell Inspiron 6400 it was last running Windows 10 Build 9841. it was working fine with no problems at all until one morning when I tried to turn it on it was not showing Dell Logo just turning on and showing my Num lock, Scroll...
  10. Dell Inspiron 3543

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell Inspiron 3543: Hi folks never had a BSOD in the last year and 4 months that ive had this lappy now ive had 2 in 12 hours what would the issue be ? i hope the tool got all the relevant stuff. thanks 47629