Windows 10: process called "system" uses lots of ram

Discus and support process called "system" uses lots of ram in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; 64 bit build 10162 task manager shows a process called "system", details are "NT Kernel and system" it uses between 200 and 600 mg of memory,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by shmu26, Jul 5, 2015.

1. shmu26 Win User

process called "system" uses lots of ram

64 bit
    build 10162
    task manager shows a process called "system", details are "NT Kernel and system"
    it uses between 200 and 600 mg of memory, depending what the computer happens to be doing at the time
    Is this normal, and is there anything to do about it?
    It definitely takes a chunk out of the remaining available ram on a 4 gb system.
    I had this problem with earlier builds, too.

:)

shmu26, Jul 5, 2015
  2. atikuruu Win User

5800 XM " General: System Error " on saving music file

WHAT CAN I DO NOW

atikuruu, Jul 5, 2015
  3. Why is Windows 10 using so much RAM

For some reason when i am not running many things, my computer uses a lot of RAM, mainly the "system" process is using the RAM, I added the stuff up from the task manager, and it got no wheres near the % of RAM usage reported in the task manager, http://i.imgur.com/QpHcTw7.png

JefferyHeath, Jul 5, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

System is the core OS (NT Kernel). It normally should be less than 100MB, but in some circumstances, depending on workload, it can get higher. 600MB is not a lot really, IE typically uses more memory than that.

Mystere, Jul 5, 2015
  5. shmu26 Win User
    if I shut down all chrome processes, and exit my AV (qihoo 360), then it goes way down, to about 26 mb
    when I start up gmail and my AV, it goes back up to about 260 mb.
    so I guess that's about normal

shmu26, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. process called "system" uses lots of ram - Similar Threads - process called system

2. XTU Service using a lot of RAM

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    XTU Service using a lot of RAM: So sometimes the xtu service in task manager uses more than 1.7gb of ram, usually it will only use a couple hundred megabytes. Why does this happen? If I end the task to free up ram, will it affect CPU performance? submitted by /u/Ok_Ride6186 [link] [comments]...
  3. Vmmem process using a lot of RAM without any VM created.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vmmem process using a lot of RAM without any VM created.: Hi.Today my laptop was lagging too much when I was using Excel. I check the Task Manager and realize "Vmmem" processes was using a lot of RAM. The problem is I don't have any VMs in my laptop. Here is the Screen Snip:...
  4. Vmmem process using a lot of RAM without any VM created.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Vmmem process using a lot of RAM without any VM created.: Hi.Today my laptop was lagging too much when I was using Excel. I check the Task Manager and realize "Vmmem" processes was using a lot of RAM. The problem is I don't have any VMs in my laptop. Here is the Screen Snip:...
  5. Desktop Window Manager using lots of ram

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop Window Manager using lots of ram: This has happened for a month or so. Desktop Window Manager keeps using lots of ram, but it happens every 2-3 weeks. I've tried some solutions, but only restarting or re-installing intel graphic drivers keeps it from using so much ram. Is it my NVIDIA or Intel driver? I think...
  6. A lot of RAM being used for no reason

A lot of RAM being used for no reason: [ATTACH] I have 16 GB of RAM submitted by /u/burner192836 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/llgsaz/a_lot_of_ram_being_used_for_no_reason/
  7. The `System` process uses a lot of CPU

The `System` process uses a lot of CPU: Good day, friends. I formatted my computer yesterday evening and cleaned the fans of the PC this morning. After I finished cleaning, I opened pc normally and started installing the Drivers. I also updated my graphics card from GeForce Experience. But after a while, I opened...
  8. "system" using lots of data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "system" using lots of data: Hi, I live in a rural area and was using mobile data for internet however recently got nbn satellite installed. Satellite internet provides you with a peak and off peak data allowance and the provider I am using had info on how you can use your off-peak data (between 1am &...
  9. Chrome Using a Lot RAM

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome Using a Lot RAM: Hey, Why Google Chrome using a lot RAM ? All this 3 images is from Chrome .exe [img] [img] [img] 93921
  10. Windows 10 new upgrade, system process using a lot of RAM

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 new upgrade, system process using a lot of RAM: I seem to have an issue with one of my system processes using up an inordinate amount of RAM. It isn't causing a lot of issues right now, but it definitely bogs things down here and there. Pictures are of my task manager window on relevant tabs....