Windows 10: Process order

Discus and support Process order in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I would like to dual boot a Win7 system and add Win10. I have created a partition for Win 10 and have a full version DVD of Win 10 with product key. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by miata54, Dec 28, 2017.

1. miata54 Win User

Process order

I would like to dual boot a Win7 system and add Win10. I have created a partition for Win 10 and have a full version DVD of Win 10 with product key. I started to run the DVD and completed all the info Win 10 was asking me. However, I was not asked to designate which partition (drive letter) I wanted to install Win 10 too as it started installing files. I aborted the install as I did not know if it was over writing my Win7 install, which I did not want to happen. Would I have been asked which partition to install it too AFTER all files have been installed or was it in the process of simply overwriting Win7?

Thanks

:)

miata54, Dec 28, 2017
  2. srfreeman Win User

Order Processing

Simply contact your bank/credit card provider and dispute the charge. Go on with life and reinitiate the order when you need it.

srfreeman, Dec 28, 2017
  3. Order Processing

I orderd windows 10 on usb from the site and recieved an email stating that my order was having problems processing and to call the number to sort everything out but once i called the number my order didnt exist even though the payment was already taken
    from my account. What should be my next step?

Stricklin1990, Dec 28, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Process order

You need to boot the computer from the DVD and select the Custom Install option. When you run setup.exe from within Windows 7, it is going to upgrade the Windows 7 to Windows 10.

NavyLCDR, Dec 28, 2017
  5. miata54 Win User
    OK, and thanks. I booted from the Win10 DVD and selected the Custom Install for the partition I created. I entered my product key and then was greeted by the error message"Windows can not be installed in the selected partition. It is GBT", or something close to that. I'm assuming it has to be MBR instead of GBT. Is there a utility to accomplish this?

miata54, Dec 28, 2017
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    You have to boot the DVD in UEFI mode. From the UEFI firmware boot override menu, select the DVD option that had UEFI in front of it.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Process order

1. Process order - Similar Threads - Process order

2. Windows 11 crash; way to log processes in order to diagnose?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 crash; way to log processes in order to diagnose?: The system immediately switches to a blue "BIOS"? screen with an 'unhappy' classic-emoji, with the options to either restart or to dive into some deep settings of the computer. I just choose "restart". It seems to be to do with media-playback. It happened twice today, it...
  3. Windows 11 crash; way to log processes in order to diagnose?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 crash; way to log processes in order to diagnose?: The system immediately switches to a blue "BIOS"? screen with an 'unhappy' classic-emoji, with the options to either restart or to dive into some deep settings of the computer. I just choose "restart". It seems to be to do with media-playback. It happened twice today, it...
  4. MS Rewards order "In process"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Rewards order "In process": I rendeemed some MS Gift Cards on MS Rewards the first ones added the balance in my account instantly, but the order ones are in progress. Is this normal o did I rendeem to much cards I rendeemed 9 cards? I hope there won't be any problems with my account...
  5. MS Rewards order "In process"

MS Rewards order "In process": I rendeemed some MS Gift Cards on MS Rewards the first ones added the balance in my account instantly, but the order ones are in progress. Is this normal o did I rendeem to much cards I rendeemed 9 cards? I hope there won't be any problems with my account...
  6. MS Rewards order "In process"

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  7. How/in what order does Windows 10 Task Scheduler shutdown a process

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How/in what order does Windows 10 Task Scheduler shutdown a process: I am running windows 10 and have a Task Scheduler Task that runs a python script. It begins on computer startup, runs for a set amount of time in this case 30 minutes then the task tells the program to end. Typically I would not tell the task to end the python script but I am...
  8. How/in what order does Windows 10 Task Scheduler shutdown a process

How/in what order does Windows 10 Task Scheduler shutdown a process: I am running windows 10 and have a Task Scheduler Task that runs a python script. It begins on computer startup, runs for a set amount of time in this case 30 minutes then the task tells the program to end. Typically I would not tell the task to end the python script but I am...
  9. How/in what order does Windows 10 Task Scheduler shutdown a process

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Can not process orders.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can not process orders.: It has been has this issues since July 6 on my account,order can not complete at the end.also did received email said I can not use Microsoft account for purchase any more.in one month I spend about almost $10,000.00 on my Microsoft account, and never doing anything mistakes...