Windows 10: Product ID/Code if Windows 10 installed on different partittion.

Discus and support Product ID/Code if Windows 10 installed on different partittion. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; If I want to keep Windows 7 but install Windows 10 on a different partition, what Product Key/Code do I use? Doesn't install of 10 use 7's ID/Code?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Billg226, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Billg226 Win User

Product ID/Code if Windows 10 installed on different partittion.

If I want to keep Windows 7 but install Windows 10 on a different partition, what Product Key/Code do I use? Doesn't install of 10 use 7's ID/Code?
    Thanks....................Bill

:)

Billg226, Aug 28, 2015
  2. danfrew Win User

windows 10 product key

hi I have looked at what you have said and have noticed that it is product id and that is different from the product code / key is totally different from that as i looked at my widows 7 product key and my windows 7 product id is totally different
    so I would assume that it is the same for windows 10

danfrew, Aug 28, 2015
  3. Windey Win User
    How to find Windows 10 25 Digit Product/Activation Key

Thank you, Spirit X.

I was able to find under "System" a Product ID which is 20 digits. What is this?

So, if I had to get a different computer (hopefully not!!) ... I would be able to install Windows 10 on it WITHOUT the Windows 10 Product Key/Activation Code?

Windey, Aug 28, 2015
  4. Berton Win User

It's my understanding that is what happens if one wants the free Upgrade and when dual-booting each OS needs its own Product Key so perhaps a purchase of the desire version is necessary. The free Upgrade has to be done while booted into a qualifying version of Windows, i.e. Win7 w/SP1 or Win8.1, which then does take over the information from that running OS.

Berton, Aug 28, 2015
  5. Billg226 Win User
    Thanks, I kinda thought that..............Bill

Billg226, Aug 28, 2015
  6. Win10 will only activate if you install it over Win7. If you do a clean install to a different partition, presuming Win10 has never been run before on this machine, it will never activate. The upgrade installation is what does the activation.

Mark Phelps, Aug 28, 2015
  7. Billg226 Win User
    Thanks all but got it going with out making another partition.................Bill

Billg226, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Product ID/Code if Windows 10 installed on different partittion. - Similar Threads - Product Code installed

2. Windows 10 Product ID Changed .?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Product ID Changed .?: Hello there.. I did a windows 10 reinstall on my Thinkpad Laptop. I did it previously, and my windows got activated automatically, but this time it not.. i logged in with same Microsoft Account, but its not activated .. I got the windows with the laptop only when i...
  3. Windows product ID

Windows product ID: I have two different security workstation PCs, and both are using the same product ID. Is this possible? How can I find it is genuine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-product-id/edc53baa-9813-47c7-91e4-ebe0fd3bd97f
  4. Same Product IDs, Different Keys

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Same Product IDs, Different Keys: Hello, We have two Lenovo P330 Windows 10 Pro boxes with embedded keys. After setting up one of the units, we decided to clone it to the other new PC. The activation worked without issues, and I'm seeing the proper keys, but the product IDs are matching. This is causing...
  5. product ID is different after softreset.

product ID is different after softreset.: I see the product ID at the command prompt is different from the product ID in properties of 'This PC'. Which one should be considered to be the appropriate one? The command I have used is "wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey". Thank you for support....
  6. Product ID

Product ID: I Have a Microsoft 2004 Flight simulator. which I used for several years about 12 years ago. I am Loading it on another computer and at the end after the load It give a new Product ID and send to a Game store but there is no where to put the product ID In. How do I get my new...
  7. windows 10 pro product id

windows 10 pro product id: Can anyone please give me a product id for windows 10 profesional to activate i tt https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-product-id/375b4a21-3c9e-4ebe-bea0-239e50efde5d"
  8. Clean install with product ID

Clean install with product ID: After having installed Windows (and not having registered it) windows automatically assigned a product key and allows to customize it. Should I change it or it can be left and what is it about? 138726
  9. Windows 10, ID code

Windows 10, ID code: There was a time when, on buying a Windows computer, we found in the packaging a Windows dvd to restore the system in the machine in case of malfunctioning, or we found at least a sticker on the bottom of the computer with the ID code (an alphanumeric string of 20 numbers or...
  10. Windows Product ID to Windows product.

Windows Product ID to Windows product.: I have various Windows product ID's and corresponding product licence keys for our office PC's. How can I find out from the Product ID which is the correct windows to download?...