Windows 10: Product Key ?

Discus and support Product Key ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is just a question out of curiosity. Did anyone get asked to type in the product key? I saved it to a text file but I don't remember being asked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Winuser, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Winuser Win User

Product Key ?

This is just a question out of curiosity. Did anyone get asked to type in the product key? I saved it to a text file but I don't remember being asked for it when I installed Windows 10.

:)

Winuser, Oct 2, 2014
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Update Product Key using (Change Product Key)?

Hi DarrellR1, yes inserting a new Product Key will change the licencing on the Microsoft Servers for your Laptop.

The Digital Entitlement will be updated to match your new Product Key and if you ever need to install Windows 10, then it is the new Product that will be recognized as being attached to your laptop . . .

DaveM121, Oct 2, 2014
  3. DarrellR1 Win User
    Update Product Key using (Change Product Key)?

Hi All.

Can someone please tell me if the option (Settings > Change Product Key) will remove the previous license key and replace it with my new one, thus linking it to my new Microsoft Account?

I have recently purchased a refurbished Ex Demo "HP Elite-Book Revolve 810 G3" Laptop with Windows Pro 10 x64 installed & registered to HP (Hewlett-Packard).

I would like to remove all traces of their (HP) account and replace it with mine, now being the legitimate owner.

Your assistance would be much appreciated.

Regards

DarrellR1, Oct 2, 2014
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Product Key ?

I didn't need one when I installed Win10.

BunnyJ, Oct 2, 2014
  5. I don't recall having to enter it either.

blackroseMD1, Oct 2, 2014
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Me either and it shows as Activated.

Ztruker, Oct 2, 2014
  7. Superfly Win User
    It has pid.txt in the sources folder, thus automatically grabs the key from there.

Superfly, Oct 2, 2014
  8. Lebon14 Win User

Product Key ?

I also got a key when I downloaded the ISO but it also didn't ask me for one either.

Lebon14, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Product Key ?

1. Product Key ? - Similar Threads - Product Key

2. Windows is activated with Generic Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is activated with Generic Product Key: Hello,To summarize the issue, when I install Windows Home or Pro, Windows takes the license from my Microsoft account. However, this license is the key known as "Generic Product Key". There is no OEM license on my device. When installing Windows, I check the "I do not have a...
  3. Windows is activated with Generic Product Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows is activated with Generic Product Key: Hello,To summarize the issue, when I install Windows Home or Pro, Windows takes the license from my Microsoft account. However, this license is the key known as "Generic Product Key". There is no OEM license on my device. When installing Windows, I check the "I do not have a...
  4. product key is not working

product key is not working: product key is not working. need to install the MS applications. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-is-not-working/9814414a-2a25-47fa-9982-6ff294d369ea
  5. product key is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    product key is not working: product key is not working. need to install the MS applications. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-is-not-working/9814414a-2a25-47fa-9982-6ff294d369ea
  6. product key is not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. need to purchase product key for windows 8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need to purchase product key for windows 8: help me purchase a windows 8 product key so I can upgrade to windows 10. windows 8 is inactive from motherboard, it need activation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-purchase-product-key-for-windows-8/7b0896e5-ac4b-474e-9de3-7600fa5508b0
  8. need to purchase product key for windows 8

need to purchase product key for windows 8: help me purchase a windows 8 product key so I can upgrade to windows 10. windows 8 is inactive from motherboard, it need activation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-purchase-product-key-for-windows-8/7b0896e5-ac4b-474e-9de3-7600fa5508b0
  9. How do I recover my Windows 11 product key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I recover my Windows 11 product key?: I recently have reset my Lenovo laptop as it was getting very slow, after the reset when the windows was reinstalled I somehow lost the Windows product key that came with the laptop itself I did not purchase any key from my side. After this incident I taught something might...
  10. How do I recover my Windows 11 product key?

How do I recover my Windows 11 product key?: I recently have reset my Lenovo laptop as it was getting very slow, after the reset when the windows was reinstalled I somehow lost the Windows product key that came with the laptop itself I did not purchase any key from my side. After this incident I taught something might...