Windows 10: Product Key

Discus and support Product Key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hey guys, buddy has a computer running Windows 10 , his product key sticker says, Windows 10 Home for refurbished computers. He's been having problems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Claw, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Claw Win User

Product Key

Hey guys, buddy has a computer running Windows 10 , his product key sticker says, Windows 10 Home for refurbished computers. He's been having problems and wants to reinstall Windows so he went to the Microsoft site and downloaded Windows 10 and saved it to USB. What he needs to know is will his current product key work for the new install even though the sticker says, for refurbished computers ? Thanks

:)

2. DaveM121 Win User

Update Product Key using (Change Product Key)?

Hi DarrellR1, yes inserting a new Product Key will change the licencing on the Microsoft Servers for your Laptop.

The Digital Entitlement will be updated to match your new Product Key and if you ever need to install Windows 10, then it is the new Product that will be recognized as being attached to your laptop . . .

DaveM121, Jan 10, 2017
  3. DarrellR1 Win User
    Update Product Key using (Change Product Key)?

Hi All.

Can someone please tell me if the option (Settings > Change Product Key) will remove the previous license key and replace it with my new one, thus linking it to my new Microsoft Account?

I have recently purchased a refurbished Ex Demo "HP Elite-Book Revolve 810 G3" Laptop with Windows Pro 10 x64 installed & registered to HP (Hewlett-Packard).

I would like to remove all traces of their (HP) account and replace it with mine, now being the legitimate owner.

Your assistance would be much appreciated.

Regards

DarrellR1, Jan 10, 2017
  4. dencal Win User

Product Key

No need to enter key....activation is done by motherboard.

dencal, Jan 10, 2017
  5. Claw Win User
    His machine used to be a Vista according to the old sticker on it. Would that make a difference ?

6. Berton Win User
    Win10 does not Upgrade over WinVista or WinXP, has to be a clean install, usually from a bootable device.

As for downloading to a USB device, that normally would be for storage. If it's an .iso file that is used by a DVD Burning program to create the bootable DVD. There is a procedure with the Media Creation Tool to create a bootable USB Thumb drive and install.

Berton, Jan 10, 2017
  7. Porthos Win User
    Dont worry the disk you created will work just fine. In fact if it was already activated on that computer skip the key and it will activate it self when you go on line.

Win 10 is now sold on refurb computers and this is what the Op has.

Porthos, Jan 10, 2017
  8. Berton Win User

Product Key

I guess that's my bad, forgot to Quote the post I replied to.

Berton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Product Key

1. Product Key - Similar Threads - Product Key

2. No Windows 10 Product Key After Reset

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    No Windows 10 Product Key After Reset: After resetting my laptop due to battery issues that I hoped a reset would resolve, I set up my reinstalled windows, and everything seemed to be running fine. I redownloaded all my apps but still had my data from before. However, the next day when I used it, there was a...
  3. product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    product key: Does the product key change when you upgrade from windows 8 to windows 10 or is the same? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key/933697b4-a060-4315-aedc-0335406f38e6
  4. Windows cannot read <product key> from unattended answer file" Error 1903

Windows cannot read <product key> from unattended answer file" Error 1903: Hello, I have a problem since I use version 1903 of Windows 10. When I try to install a new system from a bootable USB stick with an AutoUnattend.xml file. The following message appeared "Windows cannot read <product key> from unattended answer file" Error" and prevents me...
  5. windows 10 pro product key problem

windows 10 pro product key problem: i have problem when activating my new windows 10 pro installation .I got the error code : 0x8004123 .How can I solve this problem ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-product-key-problem/90563609-797f-42b0-a2c9-96cd5a2f24ec
  6. Windows10 Home Product Key retrieval

Windows10 Home Product Key retrieval: my aunt just gave me her hp all in one desktop. barely over one yr old and she asked that I do a system restore, which I plan on. I have changed acct supervisor as myself and reset windows password. my question is that if for some reason I need to reinstall this version of...
  7. Recovering lost Product Key

Recovering lost Product Key: How do I activate Windows 10 and get out of S-Mode if I have forgotten my key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovering-lost-product-key/6df5818f-0bf6-4f38-88a5-ce1d29b54e74"
  8. Buying Product Keys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Buying Product Keys: I am looking to find a website to buy Windows 10 keys, I also need them to be reliable, if going to the MS store and buying w10 pro for msrp is the only option I have then so be it. Thanks for any input. submitted by /u/StockVortec [link] [comments]...
  9. I don't know the window product key

I don't know the window product key: Good day. My windows 10 is about to expire and it keep asking for the product key but I don't know where to find it. My aunt purchased this second hand laptop and when I ask her about the product key she didn't know it also. Can you help me? What should I do to get the...
  10. Activation Says My Product Key 'did not work'.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Activation Says My Product Key 'did not work'.: I bought a new Activation Key and the Microsoft System says it 'does not work' and that I should try a NEW one. Then it says that I can change my Product Key....and THAT does not work. Then it tries to SELL me a NEW Windows 10 Pro for an ASTRONOMICAL AMOUNT OF MONEY. I'm...