Windows 10: Profile gets wiped out

Discus and support Profile gets wiped out in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, I have seen this happen twice to two different users. They have laptops that they use to work remotely, which we have joined to our domain,... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by tylerw44, Mar 16, 2017.

1. tylerw44 Win User

Profile gets wiped out

Hello,

I have seen this happen twice to two different users. They have laptops that they use to work remotely, which we have joined to our domain, but they log in with a local account. The laptops are Windows 10 version 1607 64-bit. What happens is that they are using their laptop, close the lid to put it away while at a meeting or something, open the laptop up and when they sign in their profile is blank. The profile date/time stamp is current, but the profile is completely blank. I can not find any traces of their previous profile contents, all programs are intact though.

The users report that there was no recovery mode or anything when turning the computer on and it booted as normal. Has anyone else come across this?

:)

tylerw44, Mar 16, 2017
  2. Jessen P Win User

Calendar gets wiped out in Windows 10.

Hi Nancy,

In many cases, the Windows Store will automatically notify you if there’s a problem with an app and try to fix the problem. If you continue experiencing problems with an app, or if you're unable to open the Store, try running the
    Apps troubleshooter. This tool can automatically identify and fix some problems with apps and the Store.

Make sure the latest updates are installed on your PC and that your antivirus program isn't preventing the app from running.

By default, some apps are blocked by Windows Firewall to help make your PC more secure. To work properly, you might need to allow an app to receive info through the firewall.

Please revert if you face any issues with calendar app.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Mar 16, 2017
  3. Calendar gets wiped out in Windows 10.

I have a Windows 8.1 PC and I use the calendar app for everything......it's like a diary. I have saved every month from 3+ years ago because I need to be able to go back and review appointments etc. I recently tried out a Surface tablet that synced with
    my current PC. Sadly, it erased most of my previous calendars and I can not get them back. Needless to say I am furious that any system or app can take control of my calendar and erase my personal info without my permission. I otherwise liked windows 10 and
    am considering getting a new PC with Windows 10, but I cannot risk losing my calendar. I'd rather get a new PC with Windows 8 or 8.1 but cannot find one. Is there any way to prevent Windows 10 from discarding my calendar after a few months? I need for it to
    keep years not a few months of my calendar.

NancyJohnsonAS, Mar 16, 2017
Thema:

Profile gets wiped out

1. Profile gets wiped out - Similar Threads - Profile gets wiped

2. Wiping laptop clean, now get User Profile Service Service failed to Sign-in. User Profile...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wiping laptop clean, now get User Profile Service Service failed to Sign-in. User Profile...: Hi! a while back I sought instruction for making a fresh wipe of the laptop, and was instructed to remove profiles, which I did. Now when I try to get on to the computer, to set it up new, can't because I get the error I posted in the Subject line. What do I do, now? The...
  3. Crashed and wiped out

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Crashed and wiped out: My computer crashed and wiped out most of the hard drive. I can not get the system to reboot, tried everything available in this forum. Figured the next best was get a new HDD. Did so. Have formatted and assigned volume to the new HDD, etc. using another computer and disk...
  4. Windows 10 Update has wiped out my domain user profile...

Windows 10 Update has wiped out my domain user profile...: This is getting beyond a joke, three times in a month with varying degrees of destruction, three different computers.Anyway, here's the latest one todayWorking away, screen goes black and Windows 10 decides to do an update, installs the update restarts the computer, cleaning...
  5. Bluetooth wiped out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluetooth wiped out: I restarted my computer yesterday didn't watch the update happen. When I logged on it yesterday I noticed the on/off button to connect to bluetooth is completely missing. It happened before but it appears after restarting my computer. Now, whatever update happened, i am...
  6. Wipe out

Wipe out: W10 forced PIN selection to open my laptop this morning 3/21/2020 after functioning okay Humm cannot reach page was still happening, of course. Blue screen with old lit Window image appears with tray icons verticle on screen instead if in tray. Serms old style?! ALL my...
  7. wipe out

wipe out: I got my laptop used and it runs real slow. I want to just wipe it clean, remove everything on it and start fresh. what I don't know is if I will lose the windows too? will I have to reinstall it myself or will it automatically have it on there? it has windows 10 but tells...
  8. User profile wiped out. Reconstructed from scratch, wiped out again.

User profile wiped out. Reconstructed from scratch, wiped out again.: chkdsk /r run, finding no corrupt sectors on hard disk. ------------------------------- CMD Run as Administrator: "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" Result C:\WINDOWS\system32> C:\WINDOWS\system32>The DISM log file can be found at...
  9. Update wiped out writing

Update wiped out writing: So... today, Microsoft decided I really, really, REALLY needed to have the new g-whiz update. I woke up to an "restart now or restart tonight?" message. Given that I was in the middle of writing and needed to have my computer open and working today to deal with an unrelated...
  10. Windows 10 wiped out

Windows 10 wiped out: I recently sat down at my SONY VAIO running WIndows 10 and on the screen was the msg WINDOWS Server 2012 R2 Press Enter to Install As I did not want to install WS2012 R2 I rebooted the box. After that it tried to reboot over and over for then next several hours and I...