Windows 10: Profile permissions

Discus and support Profile permissions in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi I have a problem with one user profile on my Windows10 PC. Log into the other profile and everything works fine. I'm wondering if I could have... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by trans6, Mar 9, 2017.

1. trans6 Win User

Profile permissions

Hi I have a problem with one user profile on my Windows10 PC. Log into the other profile and everything works fine. I'm wondering if I could have inadvertently changed permissions, set to read only, or locked my main profile directory when I was trying to show hidden files? (The problem happened directly after I tried to do this late at night)
    The task bar is frozen and most of the programs don't work; for instance iTunes says it cannot access its library and the disk maybe locked, Windows Live Mail says it may not be installed correctly, the disk maybe full or I could have run out of memory (i haven't), Firefox says it is already running, (it isn't).

It seems like these programs cannot access the files they need to run properly , I'd be really interested to know if anyone has any thoughts on what the problem might be.

:)

trans6, Mar 9, 2017

2. User profile permissions

Each day I have to reset my files to Full Access through the %userprofile% method and each new day it reverts back to No Access.

How stupid is that?

I want to terminate the Microsoft Cloud nonsense which I think is doing this, how do I cancel it and get out of it?

Please Help!

Original Title:OK I'm sick of this....

StewWilcox, Mar 9, 2017
  3. User profile permissions

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better I would like to know whether this issue persist in Microsoft account or local account.

I suggest you to sign out from the current account, restart the computer and log in with Microsoft Account and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Mar 9, 2017
Thema:

Profile permissions

1. Profile permissions - Similar Threads - Profile permissions

2. "The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in": Hi, The question sums it up. Randomly failed to open my account.Why? I restarted and everything worked troubleshooting solution ... But why did this happen? and so suddenly?Saved preferences, website cookies, passwords, etc.. were lost. Frustrating but if someone has ways to...
  3. Windows 11 installed without my permission!!! And im using a temporary profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 installed without my permission!!! And im using a temporary profile: Ok i dont know what the heck happended to my pc it was normally running windows 10 but all of a sudden chdsk ran while booting up and I get a temporary user message saying we cant sign you into this pc weve signed you in with a temporary account i am angry it deleted all of...
  4. Windows 11 installed without my permission!!! And im using a temporary profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 installed without my permission!!! And im using a temporary profile: Ok i dont know what the heck happended to my pc it was normally running windows 10 but all of a sudden chdsk ran while booting up and I get a temporary user message saying we cant sign you into this pc weve signed you in with a temporary account i am angry it deleted all of...
  5. Windows 11 installed without my permission!!! And im using a temporary profile

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. User profile permissions/junctions broken?

in Windows 10 Support
    User profile permissions/junctions broken?: Hey guys, I have a very strange behavior here with my Windows profile. Now that I have tried numerous paths to resolve the problem (where I maybe messed up things even further) and finally I post my situation here in search for an creative solutions. The symptoms are: -...
  7. Permissions broken and profile damaged when HD read through another computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Permissions broken and profile damaged when HD read through another computer: This topic was locked, so I'm resurrecting. Originally posted August 2016. Issue still exists. Posted Jan '19 when recurred for me. Issue still exists in Dec 2020. I'm a technician, and I was doing some work on a PC that required removing the HD to access files in the...
  8. Can't edit file permissions even though my profile is an administrator and the only profile...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't edit file permissions even though my profile is an administrator and the only profile...: I've been having lots of problems with Windows Update in the past month or so. I haven't been able to update my system. Eventually I found this thread, and component corruption seems like a fairly plausible cause for the errors I keep getting (0x8e5e03fa). Problem is, the...
  9. Restore profile permissions to user profile folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Restore profile permissions to user profile folder: I'm not sure why but sometimes when i port a profile over(make new profile, move all files/folder to temp folder, move old profile folder/files in then move the new profile over it) edge and the start menu break. Take ownership seems to miss alot of things and using the...
  10. Permission issues after copying User data to new profile.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Permission issues after copying User data to new profile.: Hello, I have an issue with my main user profile - I renamed it, and since then there have been small issues, like the search not finding installed apps, certain Windows apps showing only a blank screen (including Contact Support, which is good for a chuckle), and an...