Windows 10: Profile pic not on welcome screen after anniversary update

Discus and support Profile pic not on welcome screen after anniversary update in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have tried everything to get it back which leads me to here. Also cannot change the background of the welcome screen. Any ideas? 59226 Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Nickm28, Aug 6, 2016.

1. Nickm28 Win User

Profile pic not on welcome screen after anniversary update

I have tried everything to get it back which leads me to here. Also cannot change the background of the welcome screen. Any ideas?

:)

Nickm28, Aug 6, 2016

2. After Anniversary update No pic showing

After Booting my profile is not appering in my screen but is pic is there but it is not showing when booting after my anniversary update

ajay_kumarak, Aug 6, 2016
  3. Windows 10 anniversary update

After installing my anniversary update my pc will not load screen goes black here's a pic of what ,comes on screen
    Profile pic not on welcome screen after anniversary update [​IMG]

michaeljones_974, Aug 6, 2016
  4. Profile pic not on welcome screen after anniversary update

I am having the same problem. Any one have a answer?

Buddy Kidd, Aug 9, 2016
  5. Nickm28 Win User
    I've been reading up on it and I think its a bug microsoft needs to fix. It sucks. So now we play the wait game.

Nickm28, Aug 10, 2016
  6. Did you verify your ID? Assuming your using a Microsoft account. Windows is activated?

alphanumeric, Aug 13, 2016
  7. . . . same as above for me, generic human-shape and generic background . . .

bug

DaveGrant01, Aug 13, 2016
  8. Profile pic not on welcome screen after anniversary update

If I set auto logon, I get the generic person symbol. Manual logon I get my profile pic.

alphanumeric, Aug 13, 2016
  9. Nickm28 Win User
    My win10 is activated its a legit copy too. Its a buggy update has to be.

Nickm28, Aug 13, 2016
  10. sehale Win User
    Exact same problem for me. Auto logon logs me into my MS account and my profile pic shows up in Account Settings and above the settings icon when I click the Windows button - but not on the welcome screen. The welcome screen is just the generic shape. My picture does show up on the welcome screen if I have it set to manual log on. I tried changing my picture. No help.

sehale, Aug 13, 2016
  11. BunnyJ New Member
    I had the same issue but with the latest insider build the issue is cleared up.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Aug 13, 2016
  12. fireberd Win User
    Both the Anniversary Update and insider builds only have the generic logo on my desktop (dual boot with separate drives for each OS).

fireberd, Aug 13, 2016
  13. BunnyJ New Member

I'm using the insider as my primary and I get my logo/image just fine.

BunnyJ, Aug 14, 2016
  14. Same for me.

whysoserious, Aug 14, 2016
  15. BunnyJ New Member
    Here's a screen shot..

Profile pic not on welcome screen after anniversary update [​IMG]

I'm using the insider build.. latest and when I use auto login I get that logo/image.

BunnyJ, Aug 14, 2016
Thema:

1. Profile pic not on welcome screen after anniversary update - Similar Threads - Profile pic welcome

2. Profile pic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Profile pic: I suddenly received a message saying my profile picture doesn't meet Microsoft Community standard guidelines. It was a selfie with a zombie look that I've used for years. Odd but ok I'll just change to a normal selfie pic like most people do. My profile shows it took the...
  3. Profile pic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Profile pic: I suddenly received a message saying my profile picture doesn't meet Microsoft Community standard guidelines. It was a selfie with a zombie look that I've used for years. Odd but ok I'll just change to a normal selfie pic like most people do. My profile shows it took the...
  4. Profile Pics bug after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Profile Pics bug after 2004 update: Hi, I'm having some issues with profile images after updating to Windows 10 2004 On my computer I have 2 accounts, mine that's associated with my Microsoft account and the other one for my parents that is only local. I obviously had two different profile pictures but since...
  5. Profile Pic not updating!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Profile Pic not updating!: My concern is that MS Account profile picture is not showing in Microsoft Communityanswers.microsoft.com but it does show in microsoft.com [ATTACH] Also Profile Pic is like ghost beside the actual photo [ATTACH] and last signing in MS Office 2019 apps does not show...
  6. Custom Profile Pics

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom Profile Pics: I just downloaded the Xbox app on my PC, and I noticed that there isn't an option for custom profile pictures. I have seen that Microsoft has disabled that feature for the meantime during the pandemic, but will that feature be reactivated in the near future?...
  7. Edge Profile Pic

Edge Profile Pic: I just installed Microsoft Edge Beta and thus far am enjoying it. The issue albeit a small one is that I cannot get the profile picture in the right hand corner top to update. I have gone into settings, clicked change picture, changed the picture, save but yet the picture...
  8. Welcome Screen after 19023 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Welcome Screen after 19023 Update: Hi, after updating Win 10 Home 64 bit to 1903 when I boot the system up the Task Bar will load but the Welcome screen gets stuck and the wallpaper doesn't show. I have it set to Solid Color rather than an image. I can still access programs from the icons on the Task Bar and...
  9. How to change Welcome screen - Windows 10 Anniversary

How to change Welcome screen - Windows 10 Anniversary: I have looked at many threads here and other places. I don't seem to find the solution. There are 4 places a photo can be displayed as the background. 1) At start up - a photo comes up (it is a MS photo - not one of mine). This ONLY happens at a cold start 2) There is...
  10. Login Screen Error after Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Login Screen Error after Anniversary Update: SO everything was running fine before I installed the anniversary update. After the update, the login screen (the screen in which I put my password) takes literally hours to load up. Instead, I just see spinning circles. [img] So, what I do is force shut down my PC...