Windows 10: ProfSvc failed when I reloacate C:\Users

Discus and support ProfSvc failed when I reloacate C:\Users in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello all, I come to you cause I didnt find a solution about my problem during months and I can't bear it any more ! Well I want to relocate... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by EniD, Apr 29, 2017.

1. EniD Win User

ProfSvc failed when I reloacate C:\Users

Hello all,
    I come to you cause I didnt find a solution about my problem during months and I can't bear it any more !
    Well I want to relocate "C:\Users" my SSD is only 120gb and I don't want to use an unclean method like relocating the users's folders.
    Well I tried a lot of method the last one was : "Move Users Folder Location in Windows 10"
    And I tried this one too : "move c:\users to d:\users"
    The both on clean install of course.
    And every week (2-3 days) I have to face to the same message at logon "ProfSvc failed to load your profile" after 4-5 restarts Windows loads me a "temp profile" where I open regedit and edit the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList\XXXX" state from 800 to 0 to resolve the problem during 2 days.
    Then it restarts again and again .. *Sick
    I tried to install windows with other iso but it's always the same ...
    I can't bear it any more that's why I am here ...
    So please can you help me ?

:)

2. Other user

Now the error is: "The ProfSvc service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded."

RorySalvatore, Apr 29, 2017
  3. Getting sign-in error "The Profsvc service failed. the sign-in user profile cannot be loaded" in Windows 10

This does not work for me as well. There is no folder for the account. I tried adding my wife to my laptop. In the add an account section, it recognized her as part of my family. I clicked to allow her to sign in. I could then see her account in the
    log in screen but the user profile services failed or user ProfSvc failed would pop up when we would try to sign in.

MShepherd0604, Apr 29, 2017
  4. Kari Win User

Relocating the Users folder with Sysprep in Audit Mode when clean installing works faultless when done as instructed in tutorial you refer to. I've never heard it to cause the issue you mention, nor have I experienced it myself although I have used the Sysprep method on each PC I have had the past 10+ years, since early days of beta versions of Windows Vista.

The key is, you should never (I repeat: NEVER!) do anything else than what's told in tutorial. Install, boot to Audit Mode, run Sysprep with your answer file relocating Users folder and all your future user profile folders will be created on a drive you chose.

If you relocate all user profiles, the main profile folder Users to another drive with Sysprep, that's the only thing you should do, then forget it. No manual registry edits, no junctions or symbolic links, no manually copying anything from C:\Users to X:\Users, no xcopy / robocopy scripts, no changing storage locations in Settings app or folder properties. Nothing.

I cannot say anything about the robocopy method you found on Microsoft Answers; never used it because it includes using junctions which in the long run will always cause issues, sooner or later.

My recommendation to you is to do one more clean install, following the instructions in the tutorial to the letter. Do not add anything, do not forget anything. Do not edit registry, do not add any junctions or links, do not copy anything.

5. EniD Win User
    Thanks for the fast answer, and the time you toke for its !
    I used the mklink methode during years on seven without a problem but on ten it worked some months then I had the svcprof's error every week (I think that an update was the problem but by the way as you said now
    Its what I did clean install and I followed the tutorial from A to Z !
    But I did to things the first after the user creation and some restarts I deleted the "relocate.xml".
    Don't know if I could/should ?
    The second was to disable the swap then I rode that some application can use it even if I have a big amount of ram free.
    So I fixed it at 2GB.
    I did nothing more no registry edit no mklink ..
    Right now I just relocated the swap to the "D:" drive too.
    And of course I didnt delete the "relocate.xml".
    Then I changed something again I dowloaded the new version of Windows 10 (1703) ISO.
    Right now I didnt have any bug.
    I have two questions :
    1) Can I delete relocate.xml ?
    2) The mklink method gave me a lower time for the computer to boot.
    Is it normal I ?
    I am at 27s when I was at 15 before.
    Thanks again I hope that no bug will come later *Smile

EniD, May 1, 2017
  6. Kari Win User
    Yes, the answer file is no longer needed and can be deleted. I don't know why your boot time is up, relocating Users should have nothing to do with it.

Kari, May 1, 2017
  7. Hi Kari,
    I'm new here. Thank you for your tutorials. They are incredibly helpful.
    I have tried to relocate following your steps. However, my Lenovo y 710, goes in to an infinitive loop at the final reboot.
    I have created Windows ISO and/or used Macrium Home edition.
    Did clean windows install, created the. Xml, run syyprep.
    All works out until the final boot. After Lenovo Logo display, it goes into a continuous loop.
    I'm assuming this is due to the dependencies created by Lenovo for Windows.
    If you have any suggestions, I would sincerely appreciate it.

Thank you,

redkidbytes, May 5, 2017
  8. EniD Win User

The problem just happened again, after a windows update like I thought ..
    I don't know why it happens and I don't know how to fix this have you any idea ?

EniD, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. ProfSvc failed when I reloacate C:\Users - Similar Threads - ProfSvc failed reloacate

2. The ProfSvc service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The ProfSvc service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded: After resetting my pc windows 10 pro after resetting my windows 10 pro PC>local reinstall>remove everything after that I couldn't sign-in it would just sayThe ProfSvc service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded. So I tried to fix it. I thought that I just had to...
  3. The ProfSvc service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The ProfSvc service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded: After resetting my pc windows 10 pro after resetting my windows 10 pro PC>local reinstall>remove everything after that I couldn't sign-in it would just sayThe ProfSvc service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded. So I tried to fix it. I thought that I just had to...
  4. The ProfSvc service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. The ProfSvc service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The ProfSvc service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.: Hi,After latest windows update, the system became extremely slow. Upon resetting it, I get the below error:The ProfSvc service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.I cannot login using any of the users. Please suggest what can be done.Thanks!...
  6. The ProfSvc service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The ProfSvc service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.: Hi,After latest windows update, the system became extremely slow. Upon resetting it, I get the below error:The ProfSvc service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.I cannot login using any of the users. Please suggest what can be done.Thanks!...
  7. The ProfSvc service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

8. When i try to sign into my pc it says The ProfSvc service failed the sign in, user profile...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i try to sign into my pc it says The ProfSvc service failed the sign in, user profile...: I restarted my pc and when i tried to log back on it said The ProfSvc service failed the sign in, user profile cannot be loaded. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-sign-into-my-pc-it-says-the-profsvc/a8266429-e02f-4821-87ee-3a5a86fd9f88
  9. When i try to sign into my pc it says The ProfSvc service failed the sign in, user profile...

When i try to sign into my pc it says The ProfSvc service failed the sign in, user profile...: I restarted my pc and when i tried to log back on it said The ProfSvc service failed the sign in, user profile cannot be loaded. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-sign-into-my-pc-it-says-the-profsvc/a8266429-e02f-4821-87ee-3a5a86fd9f88
  10. When i try to sign into my pc it says The ProfSvc service failed the sign in, user profile...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade