Windows 10: Program Compatibility Assistant

Discus and support Program Compatibility Assistant in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; ¿How to disable it? [img] [img] 3130 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by srg84, Dec 1, 2014.

1. srg84 Win User

Program Compatibility Assistant

¿How to disable it?

Program Compatibility Assistant [​IMG]

:)

srg84, Dec 1, 2014

2. Program Compatibility Assistant

this window pops up after some days after I troubleshoot the audio driver. what should I do to fix this?

GabrielLayman, Dec 1, 2014
  3. Program Compatibility Assistant

Hi Gabriel,

Did you download/install a new audio driver when you performed a troubleshoot? It's possible that a recently installed driver causes conflict with your device.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Dec 1, 2014
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Well, the way around that "shit" is to change the name of the instillation program from ClassicShellSetup_4_1_0 to say CShell and install it.

It still might have issues.
    YMMV..

BunnyJ, Dec 1, 2014
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    wat? I need to disable the compatibility assistant without editin a binary file please... You just need to change the name of the classic shell instillation program and it will install. MS has blocked it in this build so change the name and it will install, I've tried it and it does work.

BunnyJ, Dec 1, 2014
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    You're very welcome.
    Have a good day.,

Jeff

BunnyJ, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Program Compatibility Assistant - Similar Threads - Program Compatibility Assistant

2. program compatibility assistant. Driver ibtavflt.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    program compatibility assistant. Driver ibtavflt.sys: Im running Window 11 now on my azus zen book. I receive a message saying, "program compatibility assistant. A drivre cannot load on this debice. Driver ibtavflt.sys security setting is preventing this driver from loading. You'll need to adjust your settings to load this...
  3. Turn on Program Compatibility Assistant Properties

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn on Program Compatibility Assistant Properties: How do I Turn on Program Compatibility Assistant Properties? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-on-program-compatibility-assistant-properties/fc6f12ad-5800-471b-805f-c1e574f01285
  4. Turn on Program Compatibility Assistant Properties

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn on Program Compatibility Assistant Properties: How do I Turn on Program Compatibility Assistant Properties? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-on-program-compatibility-assistant-properties/fc6f12ad-5800-471b-805f-c1e574f01285
  5. Program Compatibility Assistant

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program Compatibility Assistant: Hello,I recently downloaded the game Valorant, and its anti-cheat requires an access to the kernel. Windows blocked the access and asked me if I want to disable the filter of access to the kernel I guess its the meaning of the message... I attached an image of the message. I...
  6. Program Compatibility Assistant

Program Compatibility Assistant: Hello,I recently downloaded the game Valorant, and its anti-cheat requires an access to the kernel. Windows blocked the access and asked me if I want to disable the filter of access to the kernel I guess its the meaning of the message... I attached an image of the message. I...
  7. program compatibility assistant cannot load.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    program compatibility assistant cannot load.: I received an error that reads" program compatibility assistant a driver cannot load on this device." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-compatibility-assistant-cannot-load/d6119094-6160-4d77-8d8e-0520412fc50b
  8. Program Compatibility Assistant

Program Compatibility Assistant: Program Compatibility Assistant gives me continuous alerts that "an app can't run on this device" but the alert doesn't say which app and all the apps I'm using are running fine. I've tried everything suggested in these forums to turn off this bothersome notification without...
  9. stop program compatibility assistant notifications

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    stop program compatibility assistant notifications: when closing my older games, a prompt appears for program compatibility assistant. if i click run program, the prompt still appears. i can't use gpedit.msc since i'm on 10 home. the prompt looks like this. windows 10 home [1909, build 18363.1256] submitted by...
  10. Program Compatibility Assistant - config.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Program Compatibility Assistant - config.sys: Over the past couple of days, my computer started throwing the following error roughly every 15 minutes. [Window Title] Program Compatibility Assistant [Main Instruction] A driver cannot load on this device Driver: Config.sys Config.sys A security setting is preventing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. compatibility assistant on windows 10 not allowing me to run cccleaner