Windows 10: Program files x86 hidden

Discus and support Program files x86 hidden in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, i just updated my Windows 10 Pro x64 with Anniversary update and now i have Program Files x86 as hidden folder. Why? Programs are working fine,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LamaObecna, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Program files x86 hidden

Hi, i just updated my Windows 10 Pro x64 with Anniversary update and now i have Program Files x86 as hidden folder.
    Why? Programs are working fine, but can i somehow make it visible as before?

Thanks for reply.

:)

LamaObecna, Aug 31, 2016
  2. RobHCom Win User

Is the Program Files (x86) folder suppposed to show in the C: system drive?

Thanks for the reply Joythar, I could see it if I applied "show hidden files folders and drivers" in the File/Folder options so it was in fact there, but for some reason it was hidden.

I need to say that this is an OEM full system install of Win 10 Pro not an upgrade, and the
    Program Files (x86) folder was hidden by the system on install OR after the install of the first program I installed on the C: drive..

To fix it, I applied "show hidden files folders and drivers" in the File/Folder options, then right clicked on the
    Program Files (x86) hidden folder and selected properties and it was in fact checked hidden.

I unchecked "hidden" and now it is showing properly.

I was worried there for a moment because I had about 24 hours of time in this install, I use my PC for everything and I have a ton of programs and did not want to have to start all over again.

Thanks again for the reply,

RobHCom, Aug 31, 2016
  3. Anju Thekkethil, Aug 31, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Program files x86 hidden

Hello LamaObecna, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

You can run the command below in an elevated command prompt to unhide that folder.

attrib -h -s "%ProgramFiles(x86)%"

Brink, Aug 31, 2016
  5. Thank you, works fine.

LamaObecna, Sep 1, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Program files x86 hidden

1. Program files x86 hidden - Similar Threads - Program files x86

2. C:\Program Files x86

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C:\Program Files x86: Hello, This is my problem see pcturewhen i try to delete roblox and other apps there it pops up like this can someone help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cprogram-files-x86/12436514-0218-4259-824b-88fdb9b49fe3
  3. Program Files x86 not accessible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program Files x86 not accessible: Program Files x86 is just no accessible, it is visible in the file explorer, I can open it but cannot create/delete any files or folders. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-files-x86-not-accessible/982c0f1a-41cb-4c8e-99c0-8e759d51d26d
  4. Program Files x86 not accessible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program Files x86 not accessible: Program Files x86 is just no accessible, it is visible in the file explorer, I can open it but cannot create/delete any files or folders. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-files-x86-not-accessible/982c0f1a-41cb-4c8e-99c0-8e759d51d26d
  5. Program Files x86 not accessible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. deleted program files x86

deleted program files x86: I deleted Program files x86 by mistake .How I can create same folder ,whenever I have tried to create same folder there is an error as this files is in use.. please help me to create the folder or restore it....
  7. Program Files x86 missing

Program Files x86 missing: Hello. Today when I started my computer it showed a screen saying fixing files something something. When it finished loading I noticed some of my games didn't have their pictures and when I clicked on them it said ''The item that this shortcut refers to has been changed or...
  8. Missing Program Files X86

Missing Program Files X86: I had windows 7 xp core i 3 ; so i upgraded to windows 10 pro 32-bit operating system; as i know i should be having 2 program files in the local disk however; when i upgraded to windows 10 pro the program files x86 has no existence. how can i solve it ? I have gone to many...
  9. program files and program files x86

program files and program files x86: what If I mixed program files and program files x86 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-files-and-program-files-x86/0e6ed22e-7f14-4bea-ba3c-65079ee7a563"
  10. Hidden Program Files(x86) on Windows 10 Pro 64bit. Why?

in Windows 10 Support
    Hidden Program Files(x86) on Windows 10 Pro 64bit. Why?: Hi all! I installed a windows 10 pro x64 (1703) "clean install", and the next day i saw the Program Files(x86) is gone, hidden. Why? UAC is disabled, no microsoft account, i am offline account, i am logged in administrator. I installed few app,( Advanced System Care 10,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hidden attribute program files x86