Windows 10: Program Files (x86) Question, Please ?

Discus and support Program Files (x86) Question, Please ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Really a dumb question, but will blame it on my Sr. Citizen status now. Looked in File Explorer, etc., but just cannot find it. How do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Robert11, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Robert11 Win User

Program Files (x86) Question, Please ?

Hello,

Really a dumb question, but will blame it on my Sr. Citizen status now.

Looked in File Explorer, etc., but just cannot find it.

How do I see and get to a listing like "program Files (x86)" ?
    Such as what easily appears in W7

Where is it located, exactly ( the "program files" complete list with the x86 suffix) ?

I can find the program files, but not with the x86

Much thanks, appreciate the help,
    B.

:)

Robert11, Mar 15, 2016
  2. Anju Thekkethil, Mar 15, 2016
  3. KentEnnis Win User
    Program Files (x86) (x86)

I have folders for program files, program files (x86) and program files (x86) (x86). Believe the program files (x86) (x86) is based on loading an incompatible Lexmark printer software as the only folder within is Lexmark 3500-4500 series. Tried to delete
    folder but states "action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program. I have uninstalled all associated printer/software from system but can't seem to delete this folder. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thx

KentEnnis, Mar 15, 2016
  4. swarfega Win User

First I wonder why your posting 10forums instead of 7forums not that its a big deal.

If you can't find that folder, it would suggest your using the 32-bit version of Windows. You can check by going to Control Panel\System and Security\System and it'll say what version you have.

swarfega, Mar 15, 2016
  5. LMiller7 Win User
    Do you have a 32 or 64 bit OS?
    The "Program files (x86)" folder only exists in a 64 bit OS and is used for 32 bit programs. 32 bit operating systems have only the "Program files" folder.

LMiller7, Mar 15, 2016
  6. Robert11 Win User
    Hi again,

Much thanks for help; really appreciated.

Most definitely I'm running a 64 bit W10 system.
    New Dell desktop.

I finally found the Program Files Folder with the (86) suffix.

It was a "Hidden File"

Is this normal ?
    Do I have to now have the option to "show Hidden Files" always turned on ?

What is happening, please ?

Thanks again,
    Bob

Robert11, Mar 16, 2016
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    Dell might have set the PC up so it is a hidden folder. Hard to say really.. with mine it wasn't hidden.

BunnyJ, Mar 16, 2016
  8. Program Files (x86) Question, Please ?

Mine shows both not hidden
    If you click
    File Explorer
    Then C drive
    Then you should be able to see it there

hTconeM9user, Mar 16, 2016
  9. mrgeek Win User
    Most definitely I'm running a 64 bit W10 system. I finally found the Program Files Folder with the (86) suffix. It was a "Hidden File"
    Open C Drive. Right click Program Files (x86) /click properties to get window at right. Make sure 'Hidden' is un-checked. Should look like screen capture attached. No need to fool with View tab in left Explorer window.

Program Files (x86) Question, Please ? [​IMG]

mrgeek, Mar 16, 2016
  10. WHS
    whs Win User
    Program Files (x86) Question, Please ? [​IMG]

11. BunnyJ New Member
    He solved it.. the folder was hidden and he knew where it was/is located.

BunnyJ, Mar 16, 2016
  12. WHS
    whs Win User
    It is a good practice to keep all folders unhidden. That is always one of the first settings I make. This hidden folder business is not useful in my book.

13. f14tomcat Win User

Agreed. Show hidden, hide system files...

f14tomcat, Mar 16, 2016
  14. Don't forget to uncheck the "Hide extensions" setting too.

I can't believe that it is still the default setting in W10. *Confused

lehnerus2000, Mar 16, 2016
  15. linw Win User
    Me, either. Changing those Folder options is one of the first things I do on any comp I see.

Since security is a BIG THING, why on earth do they hide the extensions by default???

Thema:

1. Program Files (x86) Question, Please ? - Similar Threads - Program Files x86

2. C:\Program Files x86

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C:\Program Files x86: Hello, This is my problem see pcturewhen i try to delete roblox and other apps there it pops up like this can someone help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cprogram-files-x86/12436514-0218-4259-824b-88fdb9b49fe3
  3. Program Files x86 not accessible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program Files x86 not accessible: Program Files x86 is just no accessible, it is visible in the file explorer, I can open it but cannot create/delete any files or folders. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-files-x86-not-accessible/982c0f1a-41cb-4c8e-99c0-8e759d51d26d
  4. Program Files x86 not accessible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program Files x86 not accessible: Program Files x86 is just no accessible, it is visible in the file explorer, I can open it but cannot create/delete any files or folders. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-files-x86-not-accessible/982c0f1a-41cb-4c8e-99c0-8e759d51d26d
  5. Program Files x86 not accessible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. deleted program files x86

deleted program files x86: I deleted Program files x86 by mistake .How I can create same folder ,whenever I have tried to create same folder there is an error as this files is in use.. please help me to create the folder or restore it....
  7. Program Files x86 missing

Program Files x86 missing: Hello. Today when I started my computer it showed a screen saying fixing files something something. When it finished loading I noticed some of my games didn't have their pictures and when I clicked on them it said ''The item that this shortcut refers to has been changed or...
  8. Missing Program Files X86

Missing Program Files X86: I had windows 7 xp core i 3 ; so i upgraded to windows 10 pro 32-bit operating system; as i know i should be having 2 program files in the local disk however; when i upgraded to windows 10 pro the program files x86 has no existence. how can i solve it ? I have gone to many...
  9. program files and program files x86

program files and program files x86: what If I mixed program files and program files x86 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-files-and-program-files-x86/0e6ed22e-7f14-4bea-ba3c-65079ee7a563"
  10. Program files x86 hidden

in Windows 10 Support
    Program files x86 hidden: Hi, i just updated my Windows 10 Pro x64 with Anniversary update and now i have Program Files x86 as hidden folder. Why? Programs are working fine, but can i somehow make it visible as before? Thanks for reply. 62302