Windows 10: Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter in Windows

Discus and support Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter in Windows How to Download and Use Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter in Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Cliff S, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Cliff S New Member

Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter in Windows

How to: Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter in Windows

How to Download and Use Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter in Windows

Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter in Windows [​IMG]
    Information The Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter allows you to automatically repair issues including corrupted registry keys that block you from installing or removing program.

The Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter fixes:
    • Corrupted registry keys on 64-bit operating systems
    • Corrupted registry keys that control the update data
    • Problems that prevent new programs from being installed
    • Problems that prevent existing programs from being completely uninstalled or updated
    • Problems that block you from uninstalling a program through Add or Remove Programs (or Programs and Features) in Control Panel
    This tutorial show you how to use the Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter to fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. Download and run the Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter from Microsoft.
    Download

Note The troubleshooter will only run and will not be installed.

2. Click/tap on the Advanced link in the troubleshooter. (see screenshot below)

3. Uncheck the Apply repairs automatically box, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)

4. Select if you are having a problem installing or uninstalling a program. (see screenshot below)

5. Select the program you want to install or uninstall, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)

Note If you do not see your program, select Not Listed.

6. Make and selections and follow any instructions in the troubleshooter for what you want until it has finished and hopefully fixed the issue. (see screenshots below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Cliff S, Jun 16, 2017

2. Installer error 2503 and 2502

I downloaded the troubleshooter, at first it detected no problems and offered to troubleshoot install or uninstall, so I tried to use it to uninstall Similarity app (standard uninstall gives the same errors) and the troubleshooter was able to uninstall it
    successfully. Here is the report:

Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter

Issues found

Cannot install or uninstall a program Fixed

Uninstall and cleanup? Similarity 64-bit 2.2.0 Completed

Potential issues that were checked

Corrupt Patch Registry keys Issue not present

Problem registry key Issue not present

Issues found

< Cannot install or uninstall a program Fixed

Looks for problems that can stop you installing and uninstalling a program

Uninstall and cleanup? Similarity 64-bit 2.2.0 Completed

Uninstall and cleanup? Similarity 64-bit 2.2.0

Potential issues that were checked

Corrupt Patch Registry keys Issue not present

Detects corrupt or missing patch cache

Problem registry key Issue not present

Detects problems with the registry (Wow64 issue)

Detection details

Collection information

Computer Name: **********

Windows Version: 10.0

Architecture: x64

Time: Tuesday, December 27, 2016 1:29:05 PM

Publisher details

Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter

Looks for problems that can stop you installing and uninstalling a program

Package Version: 1.3

Publisher: Microsoft Corporation

Then I tried to reinstall it the standard way and I still received the errors. So I reinstalled it launching the installer through cmd as admin. Then I yet again tried to uninstall it the standard way, without troubleshooter, and it failed with the errors.

So it seems troubleshooter is unable to fix anything.

Doesn't the problem come down to some kind of administrator privileges for some of the important install folders like Program Data or something...?

Bob Marley 77, Jun 16, 2017
  3. JimWynne Win User
    My Craft Studio on Windows 10

The program probably isn't compatible with Windows 10, but you can try installing in Compatibility Mode. Uninstall the program, then right-click on the installation file and select "Troubleshoot compatibility."

JimWynne, Jun 16, 2017
Thema:

Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter in Windows

1. Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter in Windows - Similar Threads - Program Install Uninstall

2. Is there a "Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter" for Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a "Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter" for Windows 11?: I have some issues with software not installing correctly specifically Visual C++ ReDist. 2008. I have resolved similar issues in the past using the "Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter" tool found at this...
  3. Is there a "Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter" for Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a "Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter" for Windows 11?: I have some issues with software not installing correctly specifically Visual C++ ReDist. 2008. I have resolved similar issues in the past using the "Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter" tool found at this...
  4. Silently run Microsoft Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Silently run Microsoft Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter: I have an app on a number of machines that I need to uninstall silently, it doesn't show up in control panel 'uninstall programs'This tool does find it and uninstalls it....
  5. What happened to the Microsoft's Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What happened to the Microsoft's Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter?: Hi, This page from MS KB used to provide a very useful tool to troubleshoot install/uninstall issues: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/windows-fix-problems-that-block-programs-being-installed-or-removed The tool I am referring to is the Microsoft's Program...
  6. Windows Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter - broken download link

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter - broken download link: Hi, I want to download the Windows Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter. But the Download link on that page is broken. Does anyone know where it can be downloaded? Regards, Leigh...
  7. Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter not available?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter not available?: im trying to uninstall visual c++ and get the error message for msi file, but the link in this article https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/windows-fix-problems-that-block-programs-being-installed-or-removed leads to a 404 error. Please help...
  8. Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter: I am unable to download "Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter" from the link : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/windows-fix-problems-that-block-programs-being-installed-or-removed It is giving 404 - File or directory not found. All my colleagues...
  9. Cannot Download The Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot Download The Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter: I can't download Microsoft's Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter, it gives me a 404 page when I try to download it. I need the file to uninstall a corrupt version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable. Is there anywhere I can go to get this?...
  10. Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter - 404 file not found

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter - 404 file not found: The link to the Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter found here seems to be dead. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-install-and-uninstall-troubleshooter-404/846e01c8-91c0-4af0-8630-33667af534e2

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft’s program install and uninstall troubleshooter

2. program install and uninstall troubleshooter