Windows 10: Program installed on SD card runs but is not shown on drive

Discus and support Program installed on SD card runs but is not shown on drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I successfully installed a program (LibreOffice) on a Transcend MicroSDXC. The program runs correctly, but when I attempt to exam the contents of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gini, Nov 5, 2016.

1. gini Win User

Program installed on SD card runs but is not shown on drive

I successfully installed a program (LibreOffice) on a Transcend MicroSDXC. The program runs correctly, but when I attempt to exam the contents of the drive (the SD card), I find only two empty folders: one with my name and the other titled WindowsApps. Further, I can't seem to find anywhere that shows the program's path. I have Hidden items and File name extensions set to display. Are there further steps I should take to be able to view the contents of the SD card?

Thank you.

:)

gini, Nov 5, 2016
  2. Gino Des Win User

USB flash drive not shown on "This PC", but shown on "Divice Manager".

Hello,

To help us isolate the cause of this issue with your USB flash drive, we would like to know the following information:

• Do you receive any error message when inserting the flash drive?
    • Do you see any error related to the flash drive in the Device Manager?
    • Have you tried inserting the flash drive in other USB ports on your computer?
    • Have you successfully accessed the flash drive in the past?

In the meantime, let's run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. This troubleshooter will find and fix hardware issues on your system. To run it, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Troubleshooting, and click on
      Troubleshooting
      from the results.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Under Device, click Hardware and Devices to start the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your reply, and keep us updated with the status of the issue.

Gino Des, Nov 5, 2016
  3. sd card

Hi I'm not getting a error msg

Internal storage shown sd card shown

but nothing will move from pc to sd card

I've done drives update

Tried format sd card

and its still not working

Keep getting msg saying can't update as no storage space but sd card empty

suemurphy5851, Nov 5, 2016
  4. Neemobeer Win User

• Does the program run without the SD card inserted?
    • Have you you enabled show hidden and system files it could be hidden
    • Verify the install location by opening a cmd prompt and type wmic product get name,instatlllocation

Neemobeer, Nov 5, 2016
  5. gini Win User
    Great call! Program was on C drive. not the SD card. Prior to installation, I'd set new apps to be saved to the SD card, but after the installation I changed the setting back to This PC, as I didn't want all future apps to automatically install to the SD card. I will have to try an installation again to see if the program is located where I think it is!

Thank you!

gini, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Program installed on SD card runs but is not shown on drive - Similar Threads - Program installed card

2. SD Card disk not shown in Task Manager Performance view

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SD Card disk not shown in Task Manager Performance view: Hi all, The Performance graphical view of the task manager doesn't show the disk volume associated with my SD Card, which is drive 'D:'. The problem is the same when I'm actively using the SD Card and copying files. This disk volume is however functioning correctly...
  3. SD Card disk not shown in Task Manager Performance view

in Windows 10 Support
    SD Card disk not shown in Task Manager Performance view: Hi all, The Performance graphical view of the task manager doesn't show the disk volume associated with my SD Card, which is drive 'D:'. The problem is the same when I'm actively using the SD Card and copying files. This disk volume is however functioning correctly...
  4. SD card as a hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SD card as a hard drive: Hi! I recently bought this gateway pc from Walmart for 189 dollars. It was a steal! i had to get it. but only issue is storage. i was wondering if i can use this sd card as a main hard drive....
  5. Transferring apps / programs from C drive to D drive SD Card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring apps / programs from C drive to D drive SD Card: [ATTACH] For some years I have followed the practice of transferring, if possible. apps / programs from the C Drive to the D Drive, an integral SD Card --- in order to reduce space usage on the C drive. I have done this via Settings, Apps. For various reasons some cannot be...
  6. App / Program to unformat an SD Card ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App / Program to unformat an SD Card ?: Can anyone recommend a decent app / program that'll un-format an SD card? At least one that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I accidently formatted the wrong SD card. Advice appreciated. Win10 V1909 164885
  7. SD Card Drive is gone

SD Card Drive is gone: Hi, My SD Card drive is no longer on my computer. How do I get it back? Also, what are the two partitions that are not assigned a letter? What should I do to get them reassigned? [ATTACH]...
  8. Use SD card D drive for Upgrades. SD card not recognized for upgrades?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Use SD card D drive for Upgrades. SD card not recognized for upgrades?: I'm setting up a budget computer lab and I'm in possession of a bunch of windows 10 Mini pcs Z8350, with 2GB Ram and 32GB eMMC ss drives. These little pcs work great to a point, after some quick optimization, and migration of larger files and applications to a SD card D:...
  9. SD card drive appearing twice?

SD card drive appearing twice?: Can somebody explain why the SD card drive E: is appearing twice on the left column? Thanks for your help! 63604
  10. Using an SD card to install?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using an SD card to install?: Is it possible to use a SD card to make a boot drive instead of a USB flash drive? None of my flash drives have the space for this but the SD card does, I've used this drive to dual boot linux once, so using it like it was a USB drive should work right? All my attempts do...