Windows 10: Program launch lag (FYI)

Discus and support Program launch lag (FYI) in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; There is a lag of approximately three seconds when launching programs via Windows 10 shortcut keys. This is a longstanding, oft-reported issue that is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by borgus, Mar 8, 2018.

1. borgus Win User

Program launch lag (FYI)

There is a lag of approximately three seconds when launching programs via Windows 10 shortcut keys. This is a longstanding, oft-reported issue that is alleged by some forum participants to predate Windows 10. There is no lag if programs are launched via a mouse.

The fault may also prevent some macros from completing, a serious detriment.

It is not caused by viruses, malware or missing system files (SFC). Resetting Windows, increasing virtual memory or a clean boot are not relevant.

The lag is related to suspended background processes - such as calculator - which are repeatedly initiated by the Superfetch service. Disabling it solves the problem in most cases, but that shouldn't be required.

:)

borgus, Mar 8, 2018
  2. borate Win User

Program launch LAG

There is a lag of approximately three seconds when launching programs
    via Windows 10 shortcut keys
    . This is a longstanding, oft-reported issue that is alleged by some forum participants to have existed prior to Windows 10. There is no lag if programs are launched via a mouse.

The fault may also prevent some macros from completing, a serious detriment.

It is not caused by viruses, malware or missing system files (SFC). Resetting Windows, increasing virtual memory or a clean boot are not relevant.

The lag is related to suspended background processes - such as calculator - which are repeatedly initiated by the Superfetch service.

Disabling it solves the problem in most cases, but that shouldn't be required.

Please escalate this issue to developers/higher support levels. Perhaps one day they will take it seriously.

borate, Mar 8, 2018
  3. BSOD video TDR failure (nvlddmkm.sys)

fyi, the computer just died with the video TDR failure error again while it was doing nothing. Just sitting there, not on the internet, not running any programs, just looking at the desktop. Nothing was launched except Carbonite and McAfee were running.

ElizabethEstep, Mar 8, 2018
Thema:

Program launch lag (FYI)

1. Program launch lag (FYI) - Similar Threads - Program launch lag

2. Program not launching

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Program not launching: I am being told by a .exe program launcher that I am missing the following files. MSVCP140.dll and VCRUNTIME140.dll. How can I fix this please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-not-launching/726efdeb-e237-4874-ae48-e31ea78f4128
  3. Program not launching

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program not launching: I am being told by a .exe program launcher that I am missing the following files. MSVCP140.dll and VCRUNTIME140.dll. How can I fix this please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-not-launching/726efdeb-e237-4874-ae48-e31ea78f4128
  4. FYI Malware

FYI Malware: Recent windows 11 update I found a malware bug,C:\Windows/Temp/patch.jsCause me to reinstall windows 11.....not good https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fyi-malware/da27c5d2-5511-46f5-9f24-7996a53f9a24
  5. Program will not launch

Program will not launch: A program I have used for years with Windows 10 will not launch with Windows 11. It appears to start launching circle on screen but does not fully launch. The program developer says it is compatible with Windows 11 and none of their suggestions worked. I am using an Asus...
  6. programs not launching

in Windows 10 Customization
    programs not launching: i was just on my pc paying a game then my internet cut out and since then my internet is back on but my pc does not want to open any programs such as game programs with in setting but i can open thing like discord and chrome is there any way that i can fix this because i have...
  7. fyi

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    fyi: Immediately after installing the 19041 upgrade, while I was reading a techraider review of claws email, I got a message saying it was from "disapproval" dot and a extension, claiming the Edge browser was corrupt and a phone number I googled and found was from Phoenix....
  8. Programs not launching

Programs not launching: Hi all, Today I've been setting up my new rig and I've been hitting an issue, some programs will not launch. The three main programs I've been having issues with are: -Paint, won't start no matter what I do -Geforce Experience, starts the launcher but wont open the...
  9. Programs launched with keyboard shortcuts lagging.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Programs launched with keyboard shortcuts lagging.: Programs launched with keyboard shortcuts(either single key or ctrl alt) take for about 5-6 seconds to start. Even notepad.... 36530
  10. 3-second lag when launching programs

in Windows 10 Support
    3-second lag when launching programs: UPDATE: Well, I suffered with this for a number of months, but the recent major update (2015/11/11) seems to have fixed it, so case closed. Hi, I'm an ex programmer and I just upgraded from Windows 8.1 to 10. I have a desktop with an Intel i5, and a Gigabyte motherboard...