Windows 10: Program Launched from Keyboard Hotkey Flies Under other Windows

Discus and support Program Launched from Keyboard Hotkey Flies Under other Windows in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have the calculator key on my keyboard setup to launch a program (RPNCalculator.) If I launch the program with the calculator key, it flies under all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by compupix, May 23, 2018.

1. compupix Win User

Program Launched from Keyboard Hotkey Flies Under other Windows

I have the calculator key on my keyboard setup to launch a program (RPNCalculator.)
    If I launch the program with the calculator key, it flies under all other open windows.
    If I launch it from the start menu, it lands on top of everything else.
    How do I get it to launch and be on top, when using the keyboard calculator key?

Windows: 10.0.16299
    Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center: v 3.2.116.0
    Keyboard:Microsoft eHome MCIR 109 Keyboard
    Program: Mario Cerniar RPNCalculator v 2.0.0

Thanks!

:)

compupix, May 23, 2018

2. Laptop hotkeys not working [windows10]

I used this method and get solution for wifi keys problem on windows 10 on Me HCL laptop.

I suggest you to try installing Hotkeys driver.

Follow these steps after install the drivers check if that helps.

• Download the keyboard drivers and hot fix (PHotkeys) driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Install driver on your system
    • Go to Path of installed driver Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Troubleshoot comparability’.
    • On the ‘Test Compatibility settings for the program pop up windows’ open and click the box ‘Test the program’ Once this is done, check if the issue persists.

bipinlimbasiya, May 24, 2018
  3. HP 15-r029wm Notebook PC windows 10 keyboard not working properly

Hi,

I realize that the keyboard is not working properly. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, May 24, 2018
  4. compupix Win User

I have the calculator key on my keyboard setup to launch a program (RPNCalculator.)
    If I launch the program with the calculator key, it flies under all other open windows.
    If I launch it from the start menu, it lands on top of everything else.
    How do I get it to launch and be on top, when using the keyboard calculator key?

Windows: 10.0.16299
    Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center: v 3.2.116.0
    Keyboard:Microsoft eHome MCIR 109 Keyboard
    Program: Mario Cerniar RPNCalculator v 2.0.0

Thanks!

:)

compupix, May 24, 2018
Thema:

1. Program Launched from Keyboard Hotkey Flies Under other Windows - Similar Threads - Program Launched Keyboard

2. Touch keyboard hotkey

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch keyboard hotkey: Hi! How can i open this touch keyboard by shortcut? not that osk keyboard.i know about win+ctrl+o but i need keyboard from 1st pic https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-keyboard-hotkey/cb30e874-2bc8-418e-a471-727d8c7629ab
  3. Touch keyboard hotkey

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touch keyboard hotkey: Hi! How can i open this touch keyboard by shortcut? not that osk keyboard.i know about win+ctrl+o but i need keyboard from 1st pic https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-keyboard-hotkey/cb30e874-2bc8-418e-a471-727d8c7629ab
  4. Programs launched with administrator rights are stealing focus from other windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs launched with administrator rights are stealing focus from other windows: I'm running Windows 11 22598.200, but this has been happening for longer, I don't know when it started. I'm pretty sure this is not expected behavior, right?Basically, anything launched as admin steals focus from everything else, so the only thing I can click on is that one...
  5. Programs launched with administrator rights are stealing focus from other windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs launched with administrator rights are stealing focus from other windows: I'm running Windows 11 22598.200, but this has been happening for longer, I don't know when it started. I'm pretty sure this is not expected behavior, right?Basically, anything launched as admin steals focus from everything else, so the only thing I can click on is that one...
  6. User Account Control (UAC) Warning Message Flies Under other Windows

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Account Control (UAC) Warning Message Flies Under other Windows: Is there a way to get the User Account Control warning screen: "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?" to be displayed on top? Currently it flies under everything and the only way to realize that it is waiting for user input is to look at the taskbar....
  7. Window 10 Indic Keyboard under Windows Insider Program

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window 10 Indic Keyboard under Windows Insider Program: I have joined the Windows Insider program and have done necessary settings as per https://news.microsoft.com/en-in/microsoft-indic-phonetic-keyboards-10-languages-windows-insider-program/ but the desired Indic Keyboard is not available in List of keyboards in Add Keyboards...
  8. Delay launching programs with keyboard shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Delay launching programs with keyboard shortcuts: Hi Guys, Long time lurker but just registered ! So please bare with me. I just got a NEW PC so I installed Windows 10 Home on it. Now I am running into an issue that when starting a program via the Shortcut Key (Added via Right Click on Shortcut, and select Properties and...
  9. How to prevent windows from switching keyboard layout on the fly ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to prevent windows from switching keyboard layout on the fly ?: hey all i have 2 keybard layouts, English and French. So once in a while the keyboard will just change input on its own. Not kidding. i just start my browser to type something in a forum or facebook whatever and the layout changes from one to the other. Windows...
  10. Programs launched with keyboard shortcuts lagging.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Programs launched with keyboard shortcuts lagging.: Programs launched with keyboard shortcuts(either single key or ctrl alt) take for about 5-6 seconds to start. Even notepad.... 36530