Windows 10: Program Management

Discus and support Program Management in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello I am from Denmark and I upgraded yesterday,perhaps i am a total idiot but how do you uinstall a program in windows 10,please help.*Redface 25685 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by asser, Oct 8, 2015.

1. asser Win User

Program Management

Hello I am from Denmark and I upgraded yesterday,perhaps i am a total idiot but how do you uinstall a program in windows 10,please help.*Redface

:)

asser, Oct 8, 2015

2. Program Manager.

I will try that, but where does "Program Manager" come from? I am running Windows 10 anniversary update. The computer originally had Windows 8.1 installed. It was updated to to Windows 10 last year and to the anniversary update just recently. These problems
    did not surface until the anniversary update.

VoytekDolinski, Oct 8, 2015
  3. Program Manager.

Hello,

To diagnose the issue, I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if the issue persists.

Method 1:

You can run the Power troubleshooter to adjust your computer's power settings. The Power troubleshooter checks things like your computer's timeout settings, which determine how long the computer waits before turning off the monitor display or entering
    sleep mode. Adjusting these settings can help you conserve power and extend your computer's battery life.

• Press the ‘Windows’ key on the keyboard.
    • Type Troubleshooting and then press
      Enter.
    • Select Troubleshooting. Click on
      View All and select Power.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.
    If the issue still persists, try the next method.

Method 2:

Try to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption.
    SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

• Press Windows key + X, click
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow
    The sfc /scannow command will scan all protected system files, and replace corrupted files with a cached copy that is located in a compressed folder at %WinDir%\System32\dllcache.

You can follow the steps in the following article:

System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Oct 8, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

Program Management

Cliff S, Oct 8, 2015
  5. Boozad Win User
    To add to Cliff's post, if you're looking to uninstall a regular prorgam (as opposed to an App) right click on Start > Control Panel > Uninstall a Program.

Program Management [​IMG]

Boozad, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Program Management

1. Program Management - Similar Threads - Program Management

2. Task Manager - Startup Program Name "1"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Manager - Startup Program Name "1": Hi, Has anyone encountered a program in the Task Manager, Startup tab named "1"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-startup-program-name-1/6a2dcc7c-f8a7-45b2-bded-a811b07bdc60
  3. Is there a way to permanently change a program/task's priority in task manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to permanently change a program/task's priority in task manager?: I want to change the priority of several programs/tasks permanently. When I open task manager > details > right click > change priority, the setting only applies until I close the program or restart my computer. My issue is my mouse starts freezing when I have my browser open...
  4. Is there a way to permanently change a program/task's priority in task manager?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to permanently change a program/task's priority in task manager?: I want to change the priority of several programs/tasks permanently. When I open task manager > details > right click > change priority, the setting only applies until I close the program or restart my computer. My issue is my mouse starts freezing when I have my browser open...
  5. Is there a way to permanently change a program/task's priority in task manager?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. List of programs for startup no longer appear here on the PC nor on task manager neither on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    List of programs for startup no longer appear here on the PC nor on task manager neither on...: All of this because I simply removed the startup folder from %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs to put it in a backup folder because of the duplicate icon in the start menu ¬¬I already did everything,I put the folder back on the Programs folder,created a new...
  7. List of programs for startup no longer appear here on the PC nor on task manager neither on...

List of programs for startup no longer appear here on the PC nor on task manager neither on...: All of this because I simply removed the startup folder from %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs to put it in a backup folder because of the duplicate icon in the start menu ¬¬I already did everything,I put the folder back on the Programs folder,created a new...
  8. How to identify a program instance in Task Manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to identify a program instance in Task Manager?: If I'm running multiple instances of the same program, is there a way to identify which instance listed in Task Manager coincides with which tab I have the program running?See screenshot below.I'm running 3 instances of Autodesk Inventor. If one becomes unresponsive and I...
  9. How to identify a program instance in Task Manager?

How to identify a program instance in Task Manager?: If I'm running multiple instances of the same program, is there a way to identify which instance listed in Task Manager coincides with which tab I have the program running?See screenshot below.I'm running 3 instances of Autodesk Inventor. If one becomes unresponsive and I...
  10. How to identify a program instance in Task Manager?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging