Windows 10: Program moves to background automatically

Discus and support Program moves to background automatically in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey, so I have had this problem from the start. It's a new computer, no upgrades. When I am in a program, Windows will automatically move that program... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dagget, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Dagget Win User

Program moves to background automatically

Hey, so I have had this problem from the start. It's a new computer, no upgrades. When I am in a program, Windows will automatically move that program to the background.
    It happens in different ways;
    --it's like an automatic alt-tab program switch
    --program is minimized so desktop comes up or
    --the program stays up but control is lost (essentially the program is moved to the background).
    It is not me, I will be typing and poof, I'm typing in another program or I get dings meaning you can't do that. It's not a program I'm using, it happens with every program. Firefox, mail, games (especially annoying) and even the calculator. Any ideas?

ps oh and it's seems random. It doesn't happen at a certain time of day or after a prolonged period of use. Sometimes its multiple times an hour and sometimes it won't happen that day.

:)

Dagget, Dec 7, 2016

2. How do I post outlook mail shortcut on my desktop?

Hello Clive

If you know how to find it in the Start Menu then simply click and hold, then move it to your desktop. Be sure to first close or minimize all programs so you can see your desktop background.

A link will then automatically be created Program moves to background automatically ;)

Yuri Pustjens, Dec 7, 2016
  3. JimWynne Win User
    Moving Background

There's no native Windows function that can do this. You might be able to find animated-wallpaper programs with a web search.

JimWynne, Dec 7, 2016
  4. RPLewis Win User

Win+DownArrowKey is a key stroke shortcut to Minimize to the taskbar...
    Any chance your accidentally hitting this key combo (for like Ctl+Downkey is keycombo shortcut for "End")

RPLewis, Dec 7, 2016
Thema:

1. Program moves to background automatically - Similar Threads - Program moves background

2. How to run a program automatically in background at startup?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to run a program automatically in background at startup?: I want to run a software that I had installed for my headphone but I don't want to open it again and again whenever I open my computer. So please suggest me some ideas. Note:- I want to run the software in background...
  3. Automatically close certain background programs on battery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatically close certain background programs on battery: Hello everyone, I'm wondering if there is some sort of Windows Powershell script that makes it so when the device is on battery the background processes close and maybe when the device is on AC the processes reopen. I'm wondering if this is possible because I have a lot of...
  4. moving programs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    moving programs: How can I move i.e. transfer old programs from PC to new PC. In older Wins I seem to remember that one could. I do have an external 1TB drive which has plenty of room so could copy them but it seems to be no way of copying either....
  5. Moving Background?

Moving Background?: Heya, just wondering if it is possible to have a moving background for you windows pc? It would be pretty nice! Also I'm new here so Hiiii! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-background/30466f06-f7a5-4337-b616-347d15a336fa
  6. Background programes

Background programes: How do i stop unwanted programs running in the background. they take up memory and CPU space https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-programes/f91252cb-7615-443d-aa72-fdd2c7690a7e
  7. Background programs

Background programs: Programs disapear in task manager. When I return to my laptop after 10 mins or so the cpu is almost always 100% even though the laptop is idle. When I open task manager to have a look it briefly shows a couple of tasks running with high cpu but then they very quickly...
  8. Background changes automatically

Background changes automatically: In background when picture changs either on time or on restart the following happens 1. Background: changes from slideshow to picture 2. Fit changes from Fit to Fill Following internet read advice I have tried A. Changing desktop from available to paused B....
  9. Windows Automatically Moving Program Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Automatically Moving Program Files: I recently installed Windows 10. I did so to a small SDD that I planned on using for nothing more than Windows itself. I immediately made sure to edit the registry upon install to set it so that Windows would install to the HDD. (The programfilesdir and program files dirx86...
  10. background programs

background programs: When I open my task manager, under the "Services" tab, I have a lot of programs (116) that are "running" in the background. Under the "Processes" tab I have 92 Windows Processes and 77 Background Processes. My system moves very, very slow and I'm thinking that this may be...