Windows 10: Program opening in a tiny window that is maximized(all options greyed)

Discus and support Program opening in a tiny window that is maximized(all options greyed) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi All, Coming back to windows from a long Mac exile and trying to set things up on my new computer, I am having an issue with one specific program:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by gnashings, Aug 26, 2017.

1. gnashings Win User

Program opening in a tiny window that is maximized(all options greyed)

Hi All,
    Coming back to windows from a long Mac exile and trying to set things up on my new computer, I am having an issue with one specific program: Wacom Tablet preferences
    I downloaded the appropriate driver from the wacom website (it works, this is not a questions about wacom products)
    In order to set up the device I need to launch their Wacom Preferences utility.
    It launches fine, but in a tiny (perhaps 2 inches square?) window.
    The window is too small to be used.
    The window says it is maximized. The size and restore options are greyed out.

I have tried changing my screen resolution just to used this utility, but even at 800x600 its still the same (just relative to the different aspect ratio).
    I also tried opening the file using the graphics card and the on board intel graphics - to no effect.
    According to wacom this is the proper driver for my device and they claim it works with windows 10.

I would appreciate any help you can give me, thank you so much in advance,

Peter

I am running Windows 10 Pro, on a 15.6 ' Dell M3800

:)

gnashings, Aug 26, 2017
  2. PeterG74 Win User

Windows 10 Pro - program opens in tiny window (that IS maximized) and I can not enlarge it

One application (a wacom tablet preferences program) opens in a tiny window (maybe 2" square)

It is maximized

All options other than Move are greyed out

I can not enlarge it by dragging (cursor never turns into double arrow on any of the corners)

Alt+Spacebar 9or any keyboard shortcuts) does not work,

Changing screen resoluton does not work (the windows remains tiny and useless just relative to the screen at the new resolution.

I am losing my mind as this is something I use for work and I need it to work. Please save me from having to drop a few hundred dollars on a new tabletProgram opening in a tiny window that is maximized(all options greyed) :(

This is not a matter of inconvenient - I simply can not use this utility to do what I need within this tiny window.

Thank you in advance, any help is most appreciated!

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

PeterG74, Aug 26, 2017
  3. App/program windows open in random sizes and locations

Hi, Mark. Happy New Year!

Certain programs consistently open in odd sizes and positions--MS Word, MS Excel, Google Chrome--to name three I use regularly. Chrome would open in a window so tiny that all that was visible was the minimize, restore, and maximize buttons and a few letters
    of the title bar. I sometimes have Excel and Word open together, each using part of the screen, while I copy information from one program to the other. That tends to drive the sizes and positions of the program windows.

Other programs--Windows Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, MS Outlook and PowerPoint, Quicken--seem unaffected. They'll open maximized or nearly so every time.

RossLampert, Aug 26, 2017
  4. Program opening in a tiny window that is maximized(all options greyed)

Hi gnashings. Welcome to the TenForums @gnashings

If you right click on exe for program you will see properties. If you click on this a window with multiple tabs should open. Click on Compatibility.

Might try Windows 7. You will notice further down the page some settings for for resolution, fullscreen. You might be able to change behaviour with these options.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 26, 2017
  5. gnashings Win User
    Hi Ken,

Thank you for taking the time to reply, I really appreciate it - unfortunately none of the previous version compatibility modes worked, neither did launching the program in different resolutions. Still in the banging head against wall stage here lol

gnashings, Aug 26, 2017
  6. Did you email there support team and ask them about their Preferences app. They should know what is required to make their app readable.

Not that is would change anything but do you have a 4K display setup?

Caledon Ken, Aug 27, 2017
  7. Bastet Win User
    Can you resize the box by dragging the edges?

Bastet, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Program opening in a tiny window that is maximized(all options greyed)

1. Program opening in a tiny window that is maximized(all options greyed) - Similar Threads - Program opening tiny

2. Chrome window option is set to maximized...but not always opens maximized

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Chrome window option is set to maximized...but not always opens maximized: Good afternoon,After setting Chrome run option as Maximized, I started testing.I always have 1 Chrome window with several tabs opened let's call it perm window so when I want to open a new window I do right click on the perm window tab and select new window...so here it comes...
  3. Sign-in options all greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign-in options all greyed out: G'day.Hopefully someone has seen this before. Searched for quite a bit and tried several options but unable to get Sign-in options back. User originally had login via personal Microsoft Account but when moved to Local account, issues appeared. User does have a Microsoft 365...
  4. Sign-in options all greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sign-in options all greyed out: G'day.Hopefully someone has seen this before. Searched for quite a bit and tried several options but unable to get Sign-in options back. User originally had login via personal Microsoft Account but when moved to Local account, issues appeared. User does have a Microsoft 365...
  5. How to open all the software, programs in a maximized window as default?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to open all the software, programs in a maximized window as default?: How to open all the software, apps, explorer, etc in a maximized window as default instead of small popup window as default? submitted by /u/Akkkivenkky [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i85y5j/how_to_open_all_the_software_programs_in_a/
  6. All Microsoft programs Greyed OUT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All Microsoft programs Greyed OUT: I have a family 360 , account. My computer is working, but another computer in the house All the Microsoft programs are greyed out. We have restarted the computer, we have re-downloaded the suite, we have ran virus software. Any ideas why the programs are not working ??? This...
  7. Tiny Pop Up Window That Won't Maximize

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tiny Pop Up Window That Won't Maximize: I have a Dell laptop which runs on Windows 10. I am trying to download a software program but cannot complete loading the software my computer. I can only get as far as the Installation Manager pop up screen, which when opened only opens to a tiny window size and it won't...
  8. All my toolbars & programs are super tiny???

All my toolbars & programs are super tiny???: All my toolbars & programs are super tiny??? I didnt change them ! How do i get everything back to regular size https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-my-toolbars-programs-are-super-tiny/f5f793b1-bc32-4d5b-a8da-143840fdce65
  9. Windows are all maximized

Windows are all maximized: For some reason all my windows pop up maximized. I want to minimize windows. How can I do this? I'm running Windows 10 x 64. I will really appreciate your help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-are-all-maximized/a1abff87-d4c2-4a99-8aa3-bcef4d24316c
  10. Tiny display in program

Tiny display in program: Recently I got a new computer and with that came an upgrade to Windows 10 - previously I had stayed on Windows 8. I like to draw and I primarily use the program Paint Tool SAI to do that, but the display on Windows 10 is extremely small, to the point where the program is...