Windows 10: Program or background process popup keeps appearing

Discus and support Program or background process popup keeps appearing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For days I've been getting this popup window on my Windows 10 Build 1803 computer: "The program or a background process quit unexpectedly. Would you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MOJayhawker, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Program or background process popup keeps appearing

For days I've been getting this popup window on my Windows 10 Build 1803 computer:

"The program or a background process quit unexpectedly. Would you like to send information to a developer?"

It occurs intermittently, often every 5-10 minutes, and is EXTREMELY annoying. When I click on it, it disappears with no results but keeps reappearing. I cannot figure out what program is causing this as all programs I use are accounted for. The machine has been scanned several times and there is no sign of virus or malware. There have been no new programs installed and Windows and all drivers are current. It's a total loss to me what this is.

Anyone have any idea?

:)

MOJayhawker, Aug 14, 2018
  2. John Vil Win User

Background Processes

Hello Andrew,

Task Manager shows you the running processes or programs depending on what kind of services they are.
    Background processes run in the background without user intervention. The processes you see under this category include processes that involve logging, system monitoring, scheduling, and notifications. These are the processes that programs
    usually use in the background. Windows services on the other hand, shows you the list of processes that make up your computer's interface or behavior. This explains why what you normally see under this category are the Windows services that
    tell your computer how to operate.

Regards.

John Vil, Aug 14, 2018
  3. Jaune Bel Win User
    Program Running as a Background Process

Hi,

There could either be a corrupted or missing data file that is affecting the performance of your computer. We'd like to know more information about this concern so we could provide an accurate resolution. Kindly answer the following:

• What programs are you having issues with?
    • Have you tried updating Windows 10?
    • Have you tried updating your video card drivers from your manufacturer's website?

In case that you haven't tried updating Windows 10, we suggest that you do so. You can refer to this article for the steps on how to:

Update Windows 10

You can also check this article for the steps on how to:
    Update drivers in Windows 10

We'll be waiting for your response.

Jaune Bel, Aug 14, 2018
  4. DrPepper Win User

Program or background process popup keeps appearing

Best way to keep vista clean and healthy

Yeah just caught it there.

I'm going to attempt to have a step by step guide on how to use these programs efficiently.

DrPepper, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

Program or background process popup keeps appearing

1. Program or background process popup keeps appearing - Similar Threads - Program background process

2. Background Processes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Background Processes: My download speeds are slow. I read some stuff and it says that it could be because of background processes. I currently have 115 background processes and it seems like a bit much from what I see others have. I dont know what to end or how to lower the number. Any answers...
  3. one program open only as background processes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    one program open only as background processes: I have same problem as here:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-programs-only-open-as-background-processes/556f3615-aa6e-4416-94a9-e59fe938db7bBut only with one program, Aerosoft Launcher.I didnt had problem when I used first new pc with Windows10, but...
  4. one program open only as background processes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    one program open only as background processes: I have same problem as here:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-programs-only-open-as-background-processes/556f3615-aa6e-4416-94a9-e59fe938db7bBut only with one program, Aerosoft Launcher.I didnt had problem when I used first new pc with Windows10, but...
  5. one program open only as background processes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Program Opening Only As Background Process

Program Opening Only As Background Process: I have been having this issue for nearly two years now, but I have only sought to remedy it recently. When I attempt to run certain apps, the cursor shows as "Working in Background", signifying that the app is starting up, yet the app never progresses past being a background...
  7. Background process 'Start' and 'Window' appearing in alt+tab

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background process 'Start' and 'Window' appearing in alt+tab: Hi all, I have an ongoing issue with two background processes appearing when I use alt+tab - one called 'Start' and one called 'Window'. [ATTACH] I have figured out that the Start program is the new start menu service, and of course I am able to force close this...
  8. Programs restarting in background processes of task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs restarting in background processes of task manager: I have many programs restart in the background processes of task manager. I close them out, and after a while they are there again. I do not know why these programs are running in the background, and why they are returning. These are some of them that keep coming back...
  9. Some Programs Only Open as Background Processes

Some Programs Only Open as Background Processes: I've recently been having a problem opening certain programs properly on Windows 10. For over a month, some programs that I used to use perfectly fine before have now started to not open anything when I click on them. Regardless of whether I open them from the File Explorer...
  10. Clicking on a exe starts the program in the background processes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clicking on a exe starts the program in the background processes.: Hi, I'll try to be short, since it's strange and hard to explain. Had windows 8.1, upgraded to Windows 10, everything normal. After a few months, one program I use for a long time started giving me problems - plays.tv. It''s a client app that allows recording of in-game...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. du.centennial windows 10

2. du.centennial file

3. what is du.centennial

4. du.centennial error,
  5. what is du.centennial windows 10 file,
  6. du.centennial,
  7. what is du.centennial?,
  8. what is du.centennial windows file,
  9. du.centennial://toasthandler,
  10. centennial.du,
  11. du.centinal,