Windows 10: Program PortUp.exe downloaded wsusscn2.cab for me-how can I delete it?

Discus and support Program PortUp.exe downloaded wsusscn2.cab for me-how can I delete it? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; How do I please delete these files in the red? They downloaded, but I can´t find them on the HDD [img] 26217 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by coregamer, Oct 12, 2015.

1. coregamer Win User

Program PortUp.exe downloaded wsusscn2.cab for me-how can I delete it?

How do I please delete these files in the red? They downloaded, but I can´t find them on the HDD
    Program PortUp.exe downloaded wsusscn2.cab for me-how can I delete it? [​IMG]

:)

coregamer, Oct 12, 2015

2. Do Microsoft provide a method to find the latest Windows 10 version through a CLI?

Read the FAQ? Its XML is expanded after its .cab file is downloaded.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/40004566/reading-xml-content-of-package-xml-file-from-wsusscn2-cab

(BING search for

mbsa xml Wsusscn2

)

However, you will have to decide how appropriate this mechanism is for W10. I have not kept up with it. Here's someone explaining how it works for them (at least with the W10 AU).

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/microsoft-baseline-security-analyzer-mbsa-for/507bcb52-63e3-4712-b494-ef74c395d8c6

(BING search for

mbsa.2.3 xml Wsusscn2 windows.10 site:microsoft.com

)

FYI

Robert

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Oct 12, 2015
  3. edelator Win User
    Windows Update / DISM / MBSA / PowerShell Reporting

In creating Windows images I have been applying Windows updates to Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016 mounted WIM files using the DISM /Add-Package command. Applying the packages occurs without error, however once the updated WIM is deployed checking on
    the status of an applied package is not consistent between MBSA and the PowerShell command get-hotfix. MBSA will report that the package is not installed while the PowerShell get-hotfix command will show that the package is installed. Additionally the package
    will show as installed by checking Add/Remove programs "View installed updates". So I believe the issue is a deficiency in MBSA.

MBSA is being run offline using the wsusscn2.cab file and the command: mbsacli.exe /nd /catalog wsusscn2.cab

Is this a known issue? Any workarounds or plans to update MBSA to support updates applied through DISM?

edelator, Oct 12, 2015
  4. Berton Win User

Those red items appear to not actually be on your computer but maybe there's a link to get them? That's the difference between Local Size [shows 0] and Remote Size. Should be able to delete the links.

Or it may all be involved with PortUP.
    What is PortUp.exe ? PortUp.exe info

Berton, Oct 12, 2015
  5. Ztruker Win User
    The best program I've ever found for locating files is Everything Search Engine. Install it, run it then search for a name, ext, part of a name, etc. and it will show you all occurrences. I can't work without it any more.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Program PortUp.exe downloaded wsusscn2.cab for me-how can I delete it? - Similar Threads - Program PortUp exe

2. How can I find downloaded programs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I find downloaded programs?: I continue to find Windows 11 most user-unfriendly and frustrating. I any former OS, if I recall correctly, on installation of the OS I could instruct it to allow me to determine where a download program would be saved. In Windows 11, Settings > System > Storage > Where new...
  3. How can I find downloaded programs?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I find downloaded programs?: I continue to find Windows 11 most user-unfriendly and frustrating. I any former OS, if I recall correctly, on installation of the OS I could instruct it to allow me to determine where a download program would be saved. In Windows 11, Settings > System > Storage > Where new...
  4. wsusscn2.cab for the month of May-2023

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wsusscn2.cab for the month of May-2023: HI ,When the new wsusscn2.cab will be released for the month of May-2023. Still the old wsusscn2.cab is available at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=76054Regards,Asim...
  5. wsusscn2.cab for the month of May-2023

wsusscn2.cab for the month of May-2023: HI ,When the new wsusscn2.cab will be released for the month of May-2023. Still the old wsusscn2.cab is available at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=76054Regards,Asim...
  6. wsusscn2.cab for the month of May-2023

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Can you tell me how i can download? Can you tell me how i can download

Can you tell me how i can download? Can you tell me how i can download: Can you tell me how i can download? Can you tell me how i can download a desktop/screensaver with current, real time weather wallpaper for my desktop windows pc? free? Thank you?...
  8. WSUSSCN2.CAB Digital Signature issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WSUSSCN2.CAB Digital Signature issue: I have several desktops that are completely offline due to requirements. I utilize WSUSSCN2.CAB to verify which patches are needed for a given month and verify patch compliance upon patch completion. I utilize scripts that query the CAB to produce the results. Now I...
  9. Windows Update Offline Scan file (Wsusscn2.cab) download

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Update Offline Scan file (Wsusscn2.cab) download: [ATTACH] The Windows Update Offline Scan file – Wsusscn2.cab is available for download at the Microsoft website. A version 2 of this file was released last year. As part of the shift, users need to update any scanning solution which makes [...] This post Windows Update...
  10. why microsoft release wsusscn2.cab on different date

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    why microsoft release wsusscn2.cab on different date: Hi , Have some Query. For us to scan window server missing patches we can install Microsoft MBSA Analyzer & download the latest wsusscn2.cab, to perform a scan and check for missing patches. Anyone have ideal on why microsoft release wsusscn2.cab on different date?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wsusscn delete

2. portup download empty

3. microsoft portup.exe

4. portup freezes at 7% offline scan cab file,
  5. portup always asking to download offline cab