Windows 10: Program resets on boot up

Discus and support Program resets on boot up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, My friend is having trouble with his windows 10 computer (specs to follow) and boot up. Every time he restarts his pc, it resets most of his... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Chewywrinkles, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Program resets on boot up

Hello,
    My friend is having trouble with his windows 10 computer (specs to follow) and boot up. Every time he restarts his pc, it resets most of his programs to setup, as though he just installed them. This goes for almost all his gaming related programs, and some others. Primarily, his teamspeak3 is reset, and his game files reset levels, (I.E. when playing euro truck sim, his level resets every time he turns off and reboots, and almost all settings for his games do this.) I have no idea what is going on with it after some digging. I have limited knowledge and am in need of more advanced help.

:)

Chewywrinkles, Mar 22, 2016

2. Adjusted Gamma resets every time I boot up

Display Screen > Advanced Display Settings > Color Calibration > Next until getting to How to adjust gamma.

There I see instructions and this picture:

Program resets on boot up [​IMG]

(and as I type this, following the instructions, I notice that my gamma is now at the value I want)

I adjust, keep going (all other settings are fine), click on “Current calibration” and then “Finish”.

Then what is grey in a Word document (like the Navigation panel) has turned a pale blue. I like it. That pale blue is present in other programs of course. And actually, I like my screen much better that way.

Screenshot:

Program resets on boot up [​IMG]

Thierry Hautem, Mar 22, 2016
  3. Adjusted Gamma resets every time I boot up

Hi Hautem2,

Not to worry we will surely assist you with the issue you are facing with Windows 10.

Please provide us the below information for better assistance.

1. Which instruction did you follow to adjust your screen?
    2. When you say 'the picture showing nine yellow dots in as many grey circles is, when I finish with it, as close to the ideal picture as I can get. The grey in, for instance, my Word panels has turned to a light blue", can you elaborate for clarity?
    3. Can you please briefly describe about the issue?

Also, please provide us the screen shot of the issue :

Refer the below link on how to provide a screenshot.
    How do I: Post a screen shot on this forum?

Keep us informed with the above information for better assistance.

Akheel Ahmed, Mar 22, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Program resets on boot up

Run a system file check to look for corrupt files. If any found, it will try to do repair.
    Right click at Start button > click Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this.......
    sfc /scannow

> press Enter.
    It will take quite sometime.
    When finished, it will give you one of the 3 reports...............(paraphrasing)
    1. No integrity violation.
    2. Found corrupt files and repair successful.
    3. Found corrupt files but unable to repair.
    If the Report is #3, Please post back.

If the above does not work, do a Repair Install.
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

davidhk, Mar 22, 2016
Thema:

Program resets on boot up

1. Program resets on boot up - Similar Threads - Program resets boot

2. Pc won't stop resetting boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc won't stop resetting boot up: My pc won't stop resetting boot up after I log in. It just flickers, resetting any progress on the start of any program starting. I can't access settings, none of the restarting or resetting pc options in the safe boot will work. Here is a video of the issue....
  3. Pc won't stop resetting boot up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc won't stop resetting boot up: My pc won't stop resetting boot up after I log in. It just flickers, resetting any progress on the start of any program starting. I can't access settings, none of the restarting or resetting pc options in the safe boot will work. Here is a video of the issue....
  4. Disk at 100% when booting up programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk at 100% when booting up programs: Whenever I start a program my disk shoots up to 100%, it goes back down soon after, but that initial spike is effecting overall performance. For example when I try to open Valorant a game I get hard stuck on 0-1 fps, if I restart the game it works just fine, the spike happens...
  5. Disk at 100% when booting up programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk at 100% when booting up programs: Whenever I start a program my disk shoots up to 100%, it goes back down soon after, but that initial spike is effecting overall performance. For example when I try to open Valorant a game I get hard stuck on 0-1 fps, if I restart the game it works just fine, the spike happens...
  6. Disk at 100% when booting up programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Is there a way to prioritize the boot-up of a program?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to prioritize the boot-up of a program?: I have a mouse software which allows me to change the DPI, colors, etc. Whenever I start Windows, this program isn't the first loading, so passed 5 seconds my mouse freezes (this is normal, the mouse freezes because it's getting applied the DPI values and it takes time to...
  8. Initial boot up turning into hard reset

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Initial boot up turning into hard reset: Hey everyone hope you're all enjoying your holidays! I've currently started experiencing issues with my system probably within the last month give or take, my computer on boot up starts normally I get onto my desktop and within 5 minutes my 3 monitor displays go black, the...
  9. Boot-up Programs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot-up Programs: As of late, I no longer have my email program auto-start at boot-up. Also I have never been able to solve the problem of no left click function on the Task Bar and no right click function on the Start button. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 27475
  10. Laptop will not boot up after system reset

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop will not boot up after system reset: I wanted to reset my laptop back to factory settings then it was stuck at 99% for a couple hours so I decided to forcefully turn it off and back on again, now when I turn it back on it gets to the Windows logo and a loading symbol. This is on Windows 10, please help 56533