Windows 10: Program search stopped working

Discus and support Program search stopped working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I tried the other day to search for a program on the start menu and it worked fine. I then set up Cortana for speech mode and all I get now when typing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by banger, Aug 7, 2015.

1. banger Win User

Program search stopped working

I tried the other day to search for a program on the start menu and it worked fine. I then set up Cortana for speech mode and all I get now when typing in the box are four blue dots scrolling at the top of the search box. Anyone know a fix or will MS fix this in SR1?

Tim

:)

banger, Aug 7, 2015

2. The search feature in cortana is not working after resetting Windows 10.

After resetting windows 10, Windows 10 search has stopped working. I tried stopping and starting cortana and windows explorer. I also tried to stopping and starting windows search from services.msc. Even Search and index troubleshooting is no help. The search
    always shows a blank window. Even web search results wont appear. Also after reset win32 applications dont show up in the start menu. Installed programs and present in the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs. All UWP applications except mail
    and edge dont work. Splash screen shows and it closes the app.

(Previous subject:Windows 10 start menu problems after resetting)

***Subject edited for clarity by the moderator.***

Adityads93, Aug 7, 2015
  3. banger Win User

Heres a a picture of what I get.

Program search stopped working [​IMG]

Any help?

banger, Aug 7, 2015
  4. banger Win User
    Now she works after saying the internet and me aren't talking right now I spoke to her gently instead of typing and she sprung back into typing life and search. Typical woman!

banger, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Program search stopped working - Similar Threads - Program search stopped

2. Windows search stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows search stopped working: Clicking the search icon in the task bar has no effect, also typing in start menu does nothing.Every time I click on the search icon a system error is logged in the event log:Unable to start a DCOM Server:...
  3. Windows search stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows search stopped working: Clicking the search icon in the task bar has no effect, also typing in start menu does nothing.Every time I click on the search icon a system error is logged in the event log:Unable to start a DCOM Server:...
  4. Search Stopped Working OVernight

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search Stopped Working OVernight: It doesn't matter how I try to get into Windows 11 Search, nothing works: the link on Taskbar doesn't even open the Search Bar; Start Menu opens & works, but when I tried to use Search Bar, entire Start Menu closes; when I open File Explorer, everything works but won't allow...
  5. Search Stopped Working OVernight

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search Stopped Working OVernight: It doesn't matter how I try to get into Windows 11 Search, nothing works: the link on Taskbar doesn't even open the Search Bar; Start Menu opens & works, but when I tried to use Search Bar, entire Start Menu closes; when I open File Explorer, everything works but won't allow...
  6. Windows search stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows search stopped working: hello everyone I am having immense problems with my search box in windows 10. I cannot type words within windows 10 search box on the desktop, in the search box in windows explorer on the top right, within sticky notes and also within settings menu. I have tried many many...
  7. Windows search stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows search stopped working: hello everyone I am having immense problems with my search box in windows 10. I cannot type words within windows 10 search box on the desktop, in the search box in windows explorer on the top right, within sticky notes and also within settings menu. I have tried many many...
  8. program stopped working

program stopped working: I have a program called AnyTime Dayplanner and it has stopped working. My power went out and now I get messages from Microsoft that program has stopped working. I went to add/delete programs where there is a place to fix program but it did not work. I don't want to lose...
  9. Setting search stopped working

Setting search stopped working: it used to work before, now it stopped, I tried everything, sfc, DISM checks, says nothing wrong, checked Indexes in windows.immersivecontrolpanel_cw5n1h2txyewy/LocalState there was nothing, made another account, there was nothing in LocalState folder but setting search...
  10. Search Just Stops Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Just Stops Working: I've not seen any threads here nor elsewhere about this, so here is my plaint, Search just stops working. For example, as search had stopped a few days ago, I rebooted a few hours ago, and search started working. Now, it has again quit; all I get when I type anything in is...