Windows 10: Program stops responding, have to restart PC

Discus and support Program stops responding, have to restart PC in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi guys I encountered a problem multiple times now on Win10. The issue is that sometimes a game will stop responding, the real problem is that by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by renediffie, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Program stops responding, have to restart PC

Hi guys

I encountered a problem multiple times now on Win10. The issue is that sometimes a game will stop responding, the real problem is that by then i can not alt+tab. The window keeps overlapping everything else, so i have to restart my PC everytime it happens.

Have anyone else encountered this issue?

:)

renediffie, Aug 31, 2015

2. Thunderbird and Windows 10

now every time I try to msconfig as soon as I click on apply or ok in System configuration the program stops responding altogether and so does the PC sometimes I resole it by turning off as the program to stop or restart pc doesn't always respond. When I
    restart it takes a very long time to boot 5 minutes or more.

I have run Avast full scans and clean-up but nothing is found.

MDouglasFl, Aug 31, 2015
  3. Issues with Display driver when you playing World of Warcraft game on Windows 10 Computer.

Original Title: Jim Mc

Hi I play World of Warcraft and up until the last updates it was working fine but since then while playing the game windows stops the game with a massage saying...Display drive stopped responding and has recovered. Then I get a choice to close the program
    or wait for the program to respond, waiting does nothing so I have to close it and restart it.

regards

Jim

jamesmcguirk, Aug 31, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

Program stops responding, have to restart PC

Explain on the part more about windows keeps overlapping everything else. Resolution problem in game ?

jds63, Aug 31, 2015
  5. I have no resolution issues in games that i am aware of. I am running all games in my native resolution. Maybe i explained it poorly but it is the game window(while not responding) That is overlapping everything else. I am not able to see my mouse when using it unless it is hovering over the task bar. So it looks like the game have become full screen windowed mode.

renediffie, Aug 31, 2015
  6. jds63 Win User
    What game is this exactly, every game ? So playing game in Window mode ? Checked settings in the game ?

jds63, Aug 31, 2015
  7. jds63 Win User
  8. Program stops responding, have to restart PC

Well the games in question are the beta of the new heroes of might and magic and payday 2. Just happen to be the only games i experience crashes in.
    I am not playing them in windowed mode no, it simply happens when they crash and i try to alt+tab or use ctrl+alt+del.
    When i use ctrl+alt+del i am still not able to see windows task manager so i can not close the game.

renediffie, Sep 1, 2015
  9. jds63 Win User
    Crashes the game freezes up ? Then at this point you first try alt+tab then ctrl+alt+del, you come to solid color screen with the choices and choose Task manager, but it never leaves this screen so have to reboot ? Payday 2 is 2 years old, said other is in beta, but both do this and only ones you play could be Video card driver. Need to list first which Video card you have, integrated or slot card, brand and model.

Can use exact model and make of PC or Laptop you have as when you upgraded to Windows 10 may also needed to check manufacturer's site for any updated drivers. Using a Steam Client ?

jds63, Sep 1, 2015
  10. Thank you for all your kind help JDS by the way.

Those 2 games seem to crash at random points, the one is beta and the other is known to be crashprone.

When the crash happens the entire screen with the exception of the task bar will be covered by the game window(that looks like full screen with borders). I can't alt+tab to anything else neither can i ctr+alt+del because the game window covers the up the task manager.

I play tons of games, these just happen to be the ones crashing at times.

My video card is a msi gtx 970 gaming 4g, all drivers up to date. The rest of the specs i will have to provide later when i get home from work as i can not remember it right now.

Payday is run through Steam, Heroes is run through Uplay.

renediffie, Sep 1, 2015
  11. jds63 Win User
    Your welcome, know this can be frustrating trying to figure out and wanting to play these games. I to play few choice games and have EVGA GTX 970 SSC card with no issues so far, as of Aug. 31 is newer drivers. Can be something missing from the game ,corruption in files or issues many receive like you mentioned sometimes fixed by a patch and as the other game is still in Beta that tells the story possibly there. Steam and Uplay try unchecking in settings the In Game Overlay, this might be causing it.

Even saying only these 2 games give you the issues. Steam has a way you can verify the integrity of the files, same for Uplay.
    Also try uninstall and reinstall.

Program stops responding, have to restart PC [​IMG]

Program stops responding, have to restart PC [​IMG]

jds63, Sep 2, 2015
  12. I will try unchecking overlay for a start. I will though say something i forgot to mention in the beginning. I never had these issues when playing the same games on the same computer on windows 7. That is why i asumed this would be Win10 related.

renediffie, Sep 2, 2015
  13. jds63 Win User

Anything possible ! I play even older games with no issues, but not all games are the same. Try methods i mentioned, verify files through the client and if have to reinstall as you will not loose your place in games as it is saved on a cloud storage. Not sure try anything else yet since only these 2 games, if was all games then we would look into more from system. Good to completely fill in all system specs here when get a chance if plan to always come to this forum for help.TY

jds63, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Program stops responding, have to restart PC - Similar Threads - Program stops responding

2. My PC with corei7 dell, stop to restart. It responds there is problem and 0xc000012a is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC with corei7 dell, stop to restart. It responds there is problem and 0xc000012a is...: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** +251910980817 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-with-corei7-dell-stop-to-restart-it-responds/bbcae7a9-c2aa-4a1d-8b6b-a3871e1a8ed5
  3. My PC with corei7 dell, stop to restart. It responds there is problem and 0xc000012a is...

in Windows 10 Customization
    My PC with corei7 dell, stop to restart. It responds there is problem and 0xc000012a is...: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** +251910980817 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-with-corei7-dell-stop-to-restart-it-responds/bbcae7a9-c2aa-4a1d-8b6b-a3871e1a8ed5
  4. My PC with corei7 dell, stop to restart. It responds there is problem and 0xc000012a is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. why does my folders stop responding and then pc restarts?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why does my folders stop responding and then pc restarts?: I am so darn frustrated, this is a brand new computer. When I am working in my folders they stop responding the windows has to restart. I have done everything I can think of. Did the CheckHealth No Componet Store Corruption Detected. The Operation completed Successfully.,...
  6. Program Not Responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Program Not Responding: Need help.Program not responding nch software bluescreen occurs already done doing reinstalling software , update graphics card, install .net framework https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-not-responding/3b5240cd-9dbf-4b45-8ee6-b3a94c592782
  7. Programs not responding

Programs not responding: Recently my Lenovo Windows 10 pc freezes to the point that it now longer functions with out removing power and restarting. This can occur both when in active use or after coming back from sleep mode. Programs including all Office products are gray with the spinning icon...
  8. Program not responding

Program not responding: For about a week or so now we’ve had the same issue that many have had since the latest update. We applied the patch yesterday and all seemd well. For a brief moment. Today while working within our company program, we attempted to email a client. The program emails through...
  9. Programs not responding

in Windows 10 Support
    Programs not responding: I have a weird problem, my programs is not responding with win 10 version 1607 to 1709. I wonder what happen. These does not happen with win 10 version 1511 and 1803. 113467
  10. SSD Disappears and Programs stop responding / have to force reboot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD Disappears and Programs stop responding / have to force reboot: Hello, I've had this issue for months now.. I bought a new Samsung EVO 850 500gb SSD last year and it worked for almost 6 months till i had an issue with it just disappearing and i couldn't install anything on it.. so i replaced it thinking nothing of the issue once...