Windows 10: Program Tile Won't Delete

Discus and support Program Tile Won't Delete in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Today i unistalled a program i no longer wanted to use but to tile remained on the start menu and it won't unpin or delete. Any ideas. 37321 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by voyagerxp, Jan 12, 2016.

1. voyagerxp Win User

Program Tile Won't Delete

Today i unistalled a program i no longer wanted to use but to tile remained on the start menu and it won't unpin or delete. Any ideas.

:)

voyagerxp, Jan 12, 2016

2. desktop icon

This was for a Website. I can drag the tile but it won't stay on the Desktop.

LynnePhillips, Jan 12, 2016
  3. desktop icon

I can drag the tile from the Start Menu but it won't stay on the Desktop.

LynnePhillips, Jan 12, 2016
  4. Program Tile Won't Delete

teachermark, Jan 12, 2016
  5. voyagerxp Win User
    I've tried those tips but it still won't delete.

voyagerxp, Jan 13, 2016
  6. Cliff S New Member
    See if you can find the program tile here: C:\Users\YourNameHere\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
    and try deleting it.

Cliff S, Jan 13, 2016
  7. voyagerxp Win User
    Its not in that folder

voyagerxp, Jan 13, 2016
  8. Cliff S New Member

You can also check: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

Cliff S, Jan 13, 2016
  9. voyagerxp Win User
    Nothing in there ether. The short cut offers me to resize to small or unpin but it won't unpin and when i click the tile it does nothing.

voyagerxp, Jan 13, 2016
  10. Cliff S New Member
    You could try opening an admin command prompt, and copy & paste this in, and let it run through and rebooting:

fsutil resource setautoreset true c:\&fsutil usn deletejournal /d /n c:&Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup&&sfc /scannow&Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth&sfc /scannow&Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase&pause

Cliff S, Jan 13, 2016
  11. voyagerxp Win User
    Just tried that in the tile is still there and won't remove.*cry

voyagerxp, Jan 13, 2016
  12. davidhk Win User
    A not so orthodox suggestion :
    Reinstall the program > unpin the tile > uninstall the program.

davidhk, Jan 13, 2016
  13. voyagerxp Win User

Tried that but it makes a new tile.

voyagerxp, Jan 13, 2016
  14. davidhk Win User
    Sorry. Please go back to square one........
    Unpin the new tile > uninstall the program.
    Wait for some one with the answer.

davidhk, Jan 13, 2016
  15. OldMike65 Win User
    Ok you have 2 choices that might work, Download a program called Everything its a free app. voidtools then type in the name of this program tile, or at least a main word phrase. (you never told us the name of this app) and see if everything can find ANY trace of this file on your computer. If it does, delete these traces. everything will look at every location for any name you put in to search for, this app is VERY good tool to keep in your "tool box" .

The other choice would be to search for this file name in your registry, but please don't use this method, if you are not familiar with editing your registry. If you end up having to go in your registry, please make a image backup of your drive c first. incase you mess up your registry. I am hoping the everything program will find traces of your app that's leaving its tile on your desktop.

Mike..

OldMike65, Jan 13, 2016
Thema:

1. Program Tile Won't Delete - Similar Threads - Program Tile Won't

2. Unable to delete the tiles in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to delete the tiles in Start Menu: Trying to delete the Settings and Microsoft Store. But cannot delete it. Only these three options are there. Could not remove it from here. Both for Settings icon and Microsoft Store. Is there a PS script that could do this. I have checked the group policy to see that did I...
  3. Unable to delete the tiles in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to delete the tiles in Start Menu: Trying to delete the Settings and Microsoft Store. But cannot delete it. Only these three options are there. Could not remove it from here. Both for Settings icon and Microsoft Store. Is there a PS script that could do this. I have checked the group policy to see that did I...
  4. Delay on starting programs from tiles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Delay on starting programs from tiles: Steam and Origin are big offenders here, but they're not alone. I click to launch, the start menu stays open and nothing happens. After about a ten second delay, the start menu closes and the program launches. It happens with numerous custom tiles I've created, including...
  5. Tap tiles won't open.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Tap tiles won't open.: Tap tiles won't open. When I click the Icon it opens for just a splash of a second and disappears. I can't right click on it and get to properties, or uninstall or reinstall it. How do I get it to work again?...
  6. Can't delete tiles

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete tiles: Hi, I took a screen shot of my problem . Does anyone know what is going on here? Theses png file's just showed up and I can't delete them! thank you for your help.[ATTACH]...
  7. Program tiles darkened

in Windows 10 Support
    Program tiles darkened: Using dark mode. (If it was on just one machine I'd let it pass) Latest updates Version 1909 Not certain what this is. Programs not used in a while? [img] 150812
  8. Tiles and deleting them all at once

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tiles and deleting them all at once: Is there a way to remove all the tile in the start menu at once, Thank you , JOhn 146615
  9. desktop tiles won't launch, no type on tiles on desktop, won't print-

desktop tiles won't launch, no type on tiles on desktop, won't print-: when my laptop launches, it always runs a "disc check" it has never done this before. Also there are no names printed under my desktop tiles, when I try to launch a tile all I get is a blank box with no wording. My canon pixma printer also quit printing, documents will show...
  10. Some tiles won't update/work

Some tiles won't update/work: I've done a clean install and yet the issue persists. What should I do? 36715