Windows 10: Program Uninstall in Control Panel, but NOT via System-Apps & Features

Discus and support Program Uninstall in Control Panel, but NOT via System-Apps & Features in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, To start we have three separate installation packages (Windows Installer .msi's) we create. They basically work fine with no needed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by superfreak3, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Program Uninstall in Control Panel, but NOT via System-Apps & Features

Hi all,

To start we have three separate installation packages (Windows Installer .msi's) we create. They basically work fine with no needed modifications to work in the Windows 10 World.

Once on the system, we are able to remove 2 of the three from System-Apps & Features, but one just briefly displays an install progress bar and that is it - no error message of any kind. The entry still remains in the listing. *Eek

When I check the Event Log, I see nothing more than uninstall failed - not much detail. *Sick

If I go to the good old Control Panel, I'm able to remove the installed application in question as hoped. *Shock

What is the difference between the two methods of removal? How can I troubleshoot the issue I am seeing trying to remove via Apps & Features? Do I have to set something special in my install package? The thing is, I don't remember having to do anything special and they remove just fine.

Any help appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!!

:)

superfreak3, Nov 18, 2015

2. File Explorer under This PC no longer shows 'documents' folder but shows One Drive documents folder.

Did you uninstall One drive from Apps & features (or Programs & features in control panel)?

RichardEiler, Nov 18, 2015
  3. HairyFool Win User
    windows 10

Click on Start > Settings > System > Apps and features.

Click on each of them to display the Uninstall button. Windows desktop programs will launch the Control Panel Programs & features utility to uninstall the program, Apps use their own uninstaller. Windows Apps that cannot be uninstalled have the button greyed
    out.

None of the Microsoft Programs require to be paid for to use them, Microsoft have little control over junkware installed by the manufacturer.

HairyFool, Nov 18, 2015
Thema:

Program Uninstall in Control Panel, but NOT via System-Apps & Features

1. Program Uninstall in Control Panel, but NOT via System-Apps & Features - Similar Threads - Program Uninstall Control

2. Problem uninstalling a program from the control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem uninstalling a program from the control panel: I downloaded winzip, but cannot uninstall from Programs and Features. I get the following error messages:Error 2503. Called Runscript when not marked in progress.Error 2502. Called install initialize when no install in progress.Hope someone can help me. Thanks.Westley...
  3. Problem uninstalling a program from the control panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem uninstalling a program from the control panel: I downloaded winzip, but cannot uninstall from Programs and Features. I get the following error messages:Error 2503. Called Runscript when not marked in progress.Error 2502. Called install initialize when no install in progress.Hope someone can help me. Thanks.Westley...
  4. uninstall a program using Control Panel Programs and Features hangs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    uninstall a program using Control Panel Programs and Features hangs: HP support says that I need to uninstall and re-install a utility program called "HP Scan Extended HPscan.exe" in order to fix a problem with that program. So I go to Windows Control Panel Programs and Features, but the uninstall hangs. I try to cancel it but it won't cancel....
  5. control panel>apps&features>uninstall

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    control panel>apps&features>uninstall: A web site "Taste of Home, recipe finder" appears in my apps and features and does not uninstall. When uninstall is selected a message appears "wait until current uninstall is completed". I began trying to uninstall this app/site two weeks and nothing but that same message...
  6. Apps & Features (Settings) is no replacement for Programs & Features (Control Panel) in...

in Windows 10 News
    Apps & Features (Settings) is no replacement for Programs & Features (Control Panel) in...: When Microsoft announced that it would replace the entire Control Panel with the Settings app in Windows 10, no one thought that it would take the company longer than five years to achieve that goal. Microsoft migrated some Control Panel applets to the Settings application...
  7. Control Panel|Programs|Programs and Features -- no Repair Option

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Control Panel|Programs|Programs and Features -- no Repair Option: At the top of the list, is says, "click uninistall, change, or repair". But, there is no "repair". Only uninstall and change. I don't see it either on right click menu. Help, how can this be? 1 Billion people must see this menu. How can it have this error in it? What...
  8. Can't open Uninstall a program in Control panel.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't open Uninstall a program in Control panel.: For some reason when i go to control panel and click on Uninstall a program nothing happens. I restarted my PC and the problems still there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-uninstall-a-program-in-control-panel/06f37371-74b3-45a5-9092-8df42687f92f
  9. Programs & Features Control Panel

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Programs & Features Control Panel: There are more than 20 entries labeled Visual C++. Do I need them all? Which ones can I safely delete?. I have tried unsuccessfully to include a screenshot here....
  10. uninstall feature in Control Panel not functioning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    uninstall feature in Control Panel not functioning: I upgraded windows 7.0 on my Dell XPSL501X to windows10.0 I got a new Cannon Cloud Printer and don't need the many HP programs (in Control Panel-Programs & Features) as I dont have it linked to an HP printer any longer. I tried several times to uninstall the HP...