Windows 10: Program Updates Fail/Have To Download Updates

Discus and support Program Updates Fail/Have To Download Updates in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Strange issue has come up since updating to 1803. There are times that an update is available for an application I have installed and you get the "do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Homer712, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Homer712 Win User

Program Updates Fail/Have To Download Updates

Strange issue has come up since updating to 1803. There are times that an update is available for an application I have installed and you get the "do you want to update" prompt when you launch it. Use to work like a charm, but since the 1803 update more than half of them fail with an error message that says something about not being able to replace the *.exe (if I remember correctly, it's usually the main application's *.exe). If I download the update from the web site and update that way everything works correctly. This morning it even happened with Samsung Magician and I remember it happening with CCleaner a few days back. Any ideas?

:)

Homer712, Jun 3, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

Installing update after downloading it through Microsoft Update Catalog

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

There is no need to install update separately it will be automatically installed when you download the update, I suggest you to go to Control panel and check whether the update is installed are not.

Follow the steps to check for Update.

• Open Control Panel.

• Select Programs and Features.

• Click on View installed updates.

• Check for the Update in the list.

Keep us posted on the issue so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and Regards.

Arun B J, Jun 4, 2018
  3. obby53 Win User
    Repeated windows 10 downloads failed.

Windows 10 download failed according to the updates list. Windows 10 downloads failed three times yesterday the 28th and four times today.

Updates list Windows 10 failed to download. I followed the suggested links to find out why, to no avail.

80240020 is the error code.

Obby

obby53, Jun 4, 2018
Thema:

Program Updates Fail/Have To Download Updates

1. Program Updates Fail/Have To Download Updates - Similar Threads - Program Updates Fail

2. Windows Update failed to download an update.0x80d02002

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update failed to download an update.0x80d02002: Dear All, I am using WSUS Server in my organization for patching. some clients reporting unable to download LSU Latest Cumulative update with error code 0x80d02002. I have tried manually but same result. I would request all of you suggest how to resolve this...
  3. Windows Update failed to download an update.0x80d02002

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update failed to download an update.0x80d02002: Dear All, I am using WSUS Server in my organization for patching. some clients reporting unable to download LSU Latest Cumulative update with error code 0x80d02002. I have tried manually but same result. I would request all of you suggest how to resolve this...
  4. fail to download updates KB50022845

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fail to download updates KB50022845: 2023-02 CUMULITIVE Update for windows 11 version 22h2 for x64 based system KB5022845 FAIL TO DOWN LOAD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fail-to-download-updates-kb50022845/711dbb64-ffee-4af9-9808-550f83530b1c
  5. fail to download updates KB50022845

fail to download updates KB50022845: 2023-02 CUMULITIVE Update for windows 11 version 22h2 for x64 based system KB5022845 FAIL TO DOWN LOAD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fail-to-download-updates-kb50022845/711dbb64-ffee-4af9-9808-550f83530b1c
  6. download error 0x80070643 | failed updates for programs I don't have

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    download error 0x80070643 | failed updates for programs I don't have: Windows Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.630) I didn't know whether to post this here or in general help... I have had this problem for literal years and I have searched all over for a solution, to no avail. I had a messy uninstall of Microsoft Office 2010 and all the programs...
  7. Can't download or update programs on WiFi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't download or update programs on WiFi: I dunno why but these has been happening for quite some time. I can't download over the browser or update any programs like discord and origin etc. Resetting the router used to fix it but now it doesn't. Help? submitted by /u/ZerolZeeq [link] [comments]...
  8. update downloaded as a program?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update downloaded as a program?: [ATTACH] Is this a legit file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-downloaded-as-a-program/127c9647-c0e0-4256-b6da-ec4e2c8afd69
  9. update download fail

update download fail: Hi all I have ms office XP and it has served me well over the years and I see no reason to upgrade. However, there are 5 updates that have been offered to me and I always have them download and install, but it fails every time it is tried. I downloaded “ Windows update mini...
  10. Java Update Download Keeps Failing

Java Update Download Keeps Failing: For a little more than a week I've been getting a notification about a Java update being available, but the download keeps failing at about 50-60% with this message: [img] The only help I can find at the Java site is pay per use; the FAQ don't cover this specific issue....