Windows 10: Program would not run although it appears in task manager?

Discus and support Program would not run although it appears in task manager? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just had to create a whole new user profile so I could install a program so I could use it. In my regular profile I could not find a way to get this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by nenebird, Aug 18, 2015.

1. nenebird Win User

Program would not run although it appears in task manager?

I just had to create a whole new user profile so I could install a program so I could use it. In my regular profile I could not find a way to get this program to run. It would be running in the task manager but not open on my desk top. Weird. A remote support person from the software company could not figure out why. He suggested I create a new user account and install it again. I did and it worked. However, I'm not logged into the user account where I have all my files.

What should I do about this? How do I resolve this problem?

:)

nenebird, Aug 18, 2015
  2. Syed N Win User

WiFi no longer appears in Settings although it is installed

Hi Niraj,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

Are Windows 10 drivers available for the network adapter?

If no Windows 10 drivers are available, install the latest available drivers in compatibility mode.

• Right click on the setup file (setup.exe for the drivers) and select Properties.
    • Now click on the Compatibility tab and check the box which says Run this program in compatibility mode for.
    • Select Windows 8 or Windows 7. Click Apply and OK.
    • Now right click the setup file and select Run as Administrator and follow the normal installation procedure.
    Do reply if you have more questions.

Syed N, Aug 18, 2015
  3. WiFi no longer appears in Settings although it is installed

Hello everyone,

The problem's fixed somehow. However, I found that it was after I installed Cumulative Update KB3081444 for Windows 10 x64 as well as uninstalled Kaspersky Total Security Technical Preview 2016.

This is just for those who may be having the same problem. Good luck!

Thanks,

Niraj Menon

NirajMenon, Aug 18, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

Be nice to know which program it was you are having trouble with.

jds63, Aug 18, 2015
Thema:

1. Program would not run although it appears in task manager? - Similar Threads - Program run although

2. Program Running in Task Manager But Not Displaying or on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program Running in Task Manager But Not Displaying or on Taskbar: Hi,I'm trying to run an application on a new Windows 11 machine with x64 architecture, but when I run it, it fails to display on the taskbar or the screen even though it is running according to Task Manager. When starting the application, it prompts me for access to make...
  3. Program Running in Task Manager But Not Displaying or on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program Running in Task Manager But Not Displaying or on Taskbar: Hi,I'm trying to run an application on a new Windows 11 machine with x64 architecture, but when I run it, it fails to display on the taskbar or the screen even though it is running according to Task Manager. When starting the application, it prompts me for access to make...
  4. No programs appearing in Startup setting page or in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    No programs appearing in Startup setting page or in Task Manager: Not a single program appears in the Startup setting page or in Task Manager. I can still edit the little sorting tool for programs name, status, startup impact I've done a fresh reset of windows deleting all of my programs but keeping files. I've updated all drivers and...
  5. Programs running in task manager but not appearing on screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs running in task manager but not appearing on screen: I'm trying to run opera, but whenever I open it, it doesnt appear on my screen, but it appears on task manager as a background process. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/programs-running-in-task-manager-but-not-appearing/4b80d01d-8948-4132-8549-36c2d9fbf60e
  6. "Program is already Running on this computer" but it isnt running on Task Manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Program is already Running on this computer" but it isnt running on Task Manager: Hi, i been having error with some programs... Featuring Twitch & Steam I try opening them and they wouldnt open. so i went with uninstalling them and re-installing. i know how this works but when i went to re-install, i get a message saying "[program] is already running on...
  7. What is this: "Program" running in task Manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is this: "Program" running in task Manager: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/PsychedelicPistachio [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/en91f0/what_is_this/
  8. Programs are going to "suspended" in Task Manager. Eventually run

in Windows 10 Support
    Programs are going to "suspended" in Task Manager. Eventually run: Did a search but did not find anything recent. Since the last update or two, random programs (usually older ones) will not immediately run but will come up in task manager first in suspended mode. They will eventually run after a minute, usually in a rush with all instances...
  9. Strange Unknown Programs Running in Task Manager!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange Unknown Programs Running in Task Manager!!: Since earlier today I have noticed two strange processes running in my Task Manager and it has made me quite worried as I have never seen these tasks before and am unable to find any information regarding them only and was wondering if anyone could help me identify what they...
  10. Task Manager not running

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager not running: I have added a new task to the ones already populated which I suppose were in Win7 The new task or the present tasks are not running as there is no entry in the history or recently run file are there other steps necessary to get the new task manager to start up ? 17916